Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KISS to play o2 Dublin in May 2010!!!!

Options
168101112

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond


    adox wrote: »
    Got a call from my mate and I'm meeting him tonight to pick up my Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley kits for me and the Mrs. Make up kits and wigs! He's going as Ace and another friend is being lumped with Peter Chris.
    .

    nobody wants to be peter criss....not even peter criss!!

    :pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 7 lovely_hurlin


    Been letting hair grow since tickets released for this. was pretty long as it was. A wig would have been a better idea!


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox


    Been letting hair grow since tickets released for this. was pretty long as it was. A wig would have been a better idea!

    Well if you could see my (lack of!) hair, a wig is essential!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo


    hey guys, just got a mail from ticketmaster saying doors at at 6:30. Anybody know the stage times?


  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭seventyeight


    Guys,
    this may have been asked before but is there a pit for this one? Like, do I have to get there early to get a wristband?

    This is gonna be deadly!

    Cheers


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red


    Dermo wrote: »
    hey guys, just got a mail from ticketmaster saying doors at at 6:30. Anybody know the stage times?

    Guessing
    Doors: 6.30
    Taking Dawn: 7.15/7.30 - 8.00
    Kiss: 8.45 - 10.45


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd


    Sounds about right, I'd say between 8.30 and 9 Kiss will be on


  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller


    I was going to bring a decent camera, but now I think I'll make do with my phone which has a 5mp camera.

    Any security staff reading boards will now be primed to search for camera :rolleyes:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd


    It was either said in this thread or another, but the general belief is that if the camera has a detachable lens, it can be seen as a professional camera (and you could make money of the prints without MCD's say so) whereas you're never going to get decent prints from a normal digital so thats ok.

    I've taken a normal digi to a few gigs and nothing has been said to me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE


    The day has arrived! Yeeeehaaaaww!


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox


    It's like Christmas mornng! My mate arrived last night with our goodies. There's a Gene and Paul wig downstairs in the front room with make up kits beside them! I have a friend calling around this afternoon who has his Peter Criss wig and make up, and they I have to drive the three of us, in full make up and wigs, to collect our last friend, who will be in Ace make up and wig. I'll then drive the four of us into the city! It's going to be a bizzare afternoon.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond


    jonnybadd wrote: »
    It was either said in this thread or another, but the general belief is that if the camera has a detachable lens, it can be seen as a professional camera (and you could make money of the prints without MCD's say so) whereas you're never going to get decent prints from a normal digital so thats ok.

    I've taken a normal digi to a few gigs and nothing has been said to me.

    this tbh! ive worked security in the point and tbh you may not even get searched, normal digital cameras are fine because there has been no specific notices saying no cameras allowed (they legally have to tell you like the 50 cent gig a few years ago)
    Guys,
    this may have been asked before but is there a pit for this one? Like, do I have to get there early to get a wristband?

    This is gonna be deadly!

    Cheers

    theres no way of knowing, the pit is decided with a number of factors in mind, the stage set up (eg catwalk = no pit), crowd numbers (not sold out so im guessing no pit), or even band preferences! If i was a betting man i would day there wont be a pit, but the point is more wide than it is long now so theres no need to worry! ill probably be able to find out at about half 5 or so and ill post it here, if thats any uise to anyone!


  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller


    YEEHAAWWW

    SO LET'S ROCK'N'ROLL ALL NITE, AND PARTY EVERY DAY

    \m/


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden


    Hope everyone here has a Crazy Crazy Night!!!!

    it's gonna be awesome:pac:


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS


    adox wrote: »
    It's like Christmas mornng! My mate arrived last night with our goodies. There's a Gene and Paul wig downstairs in the front room with make up kits beside them! I have a friend calling around this afternoon who has his Peter Criss wig and make up, and they I have to drive the three of us, in full make up and wigs, to collect our last friend, who will be in Ace make up and wig. I'll then drive the four of us into the city! It's going to be a bizzare afternoon.

    Images of Waynes World and Detroit Rock City come to mind.......enjoy the trip in and crank up the stereo ;-)


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE


    I just bought the very last black and white make up (along with green) in the costume shop near me. The woman behind couldn't understand why, but commented that "this stuff has been flying out of the shop all week".


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon


    ^:D - tonight's gonna be hilarious.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS


    RayCon wrote: »
    ^:D - tonight's gonna be hilarious.

    I certainly hope so :D

    only a few hours now, can't wait......excitement is building......still no sign of the stage times anywhere though......


  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor


    aaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll rigggggggggghttttttttt duuuuuuuuublin


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden


    Do you think anyone will be doing make up outside the O2,


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo


    I have had a huge smile :D on my face all day, nothing can spoil this good mood. can't wait


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS


    bazmaiden wrote: »
    Do you think anyone will be doing make up outside the O2,

    I really hope so - that's my plan anyway, I know there were people outside Sheffield the other night and when I saw them at Arrow Rock in Holland a couple of years back there were people doing makeup.........
    If anyone knows for sure please let us know :-)


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden


    NIBBS wrote: »
    I really hope so - that's my plan anyway, I know there were people outside Sheffield the other night and when I saw them at Arrow Rock in Holland a couple of years back there were people doing makeup.........
    If anyone knows for sure please let us know :-)

    Ye because I wouldn't have a clue how to begin with the make-up but i want to be ace... just for a night


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa


    mao_kiss.jpg
    bazmaiden wrote: »
    Ye because I wouldn't have a clue how to begin with the make-up but i want to be ace... just for a night


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox


    Saw them once before in Wembley Arena with Bruce and Eric (1988 I think)
    Really looking forward to this one, UK clips on youtube look great!

    CPL 593H



  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove


    Heading into the new fibbers now havent been in it yet so today is the perfect excuse......YOU WANTED THE BEST.....YOU GOT THE BEST....FROM NEW YORK...KKKKIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssssssssssssssssssssss!!


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS


    Word is they were in Bruxelles last night (and may be back tonight)......apparently they are staying in the Westbury so could well be true....


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar


    NIBBS wrote: »
    Word is they were in Bruxelles last night (and may be back tonight)......apparently they are staying in the Westbury so could well be true....

    I heard that too!


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla


    UN FCUKIN BELIEVABLE GIG



    I must confess, i sneaked my DSLR in by mistake :rolleyes::rolleyes:

    Pics up 2moz


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul


    scudzilla wrote: »
    UN FCUKIN BELIEVABLE GIG

    AWESOME! They flew through the air and brought rock to an unbeliving audience.


Advertisement