Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE: The Savage Eye

Options

Comments

Great show tonight. The man is a genius.

Fúckin missed it tonight :mad: Thank god for RTE player. :)

Just seen it there. Absolutely hillarious :D

Mick the Bull is fantastic and
    his gay son who is a mirror image of himself
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Hector speed dating was the highlight for me,McSavage has him down to a tee.

Severe lack of Mary Robinson (and her housbound) skits so far!

Hector speed dating was the highlight for me,McSavage has him down to a tee.

Severe lack of Mary Robinson (and her housbound) skits so far!

Ha ha he Hector skit was terrific :D

Think the Mary Robinson and 'house bound' thing is a bit overcooked though. I get that its funny that he is like her lapdog but the actual dialogue just doesnt work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

i'm delighted mary robinson is gone, never really found it funny. mcsavage said himself in interviews that it had run its course.

new daniel day sketch is brilliant. PRICK

and just the stupid sounding sketches had me in stitches 'cos they're done so well.
    like the wife cheating on him with the spoons!

mcsavagage is a genius, best thing on RTE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I nearly cried with laughter at the Mick the Bull sketch last night, funniest bit this series. Also the junkies sketch was hilarious.
    So far this series seems to be an improvement on last series. Just not gone on the whole Rihanna sketch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Junkies sketch was hilarious. Day Lewis is good as well (I wonder would the real deal be up for a guest appearance). The whole Mary Robinson thing was old before it started (half the kids watching the show were in nappies when she was president).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

I actually like the President for Life sketches especially when there is music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

Brilliant. So far so good from mcsavage as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Very good last night, the Day Lewis bit is inspired.
    "Rebecca, does he not love me?!"

And
    "Wicklow County Council thinks you're a f****** gobs****"

Also, spoon wife was pretty much hot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

brilliant series so far....do ya think this (Chopper)might be the inspiration for the coke heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Enjoying the series so far, the Joe Duffy sketch and Hector were my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

When did Joe Duffy morph into that Nosferatu-like character?

That really cracked me up.

brilliant series so far....do ya think this (Chopper)might be the inspiration for the coke heads?
    Chopper Read was a far cry from the D4 heads :D But your right, id say it took inspiration shooting wise

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Also, spoon wife was pretty much hot!

More 'Spoon wife' from the last series

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

Mick the bull and he quaaare son. :D

Good show last night.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Really funny show. It stands head and shoulders above any other comedy on RTE. Republic of Telly is okay I suppose. Any of those stupid American 'comedies' are pure dirt.
    2 and a half, big bang, how I met. All dirt.
    McSavage is brilliant, the Rhianna bit wasn't great, glad Mary R is gone too, it was wearing thin.
    Rahoo Rahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw mick the bulls son headlining a show in the international club over a month ago....he was brilliant....and i had seen him on a sh1te bernard o shea tv show and was expecting nothing! He was very funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i wish he would bring back his Des Bishop impression this was brilliant

so true as well

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That Richie Kavanagh piss take :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Very good ep tonight. last two weeks were mixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I'd like to see serious Hector assassination, way too kind for my liking.

So topic wise...

have they covered, a/ The Irish Famine. b/ Tall Poppy Syndrome / The 'Writer' / How much we're Loved by everyone (The myth of Friendly Paddy) em....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Very good ep tonight. last two weeks were mixed.
    Although I found the previous series funny enough to watch repeats, I’ve been a bit disappointed overall with this season so far, but yeah, maybe it’s picking up (and the DDL sketches are tickling my funny bone).

The where-will-he-strike-next kiddie-snatching priest theme is still amusing to some extent, but how about mining the parentage-vetting antics of the Gardai+HSE from a while back…maybe they could even compete?

Picture it:

The priest sits reading on a park bench.

An unsuspecting family, dark-haired except for the youngest, a ginger five-year-old, saunters happily through the grass behind the bench.

They pass close by the bench on their way to a nearby pond, but the youngest trails momentarily to investigate a grasshopper.

The priest consults a small mirror which he pulls from his bag, then extends a hand backwards aiming to swipe the child.

But before he can complete the grab, a crack team of Gardai rappel down from the branches of a nearby tree, directed by a binocular-wielding HSE administrator sitting in what looks like an office chair custom-embedded in an upper branch.

“That child is a CHANGELING! :eek: ” the administrator announces through a megaphone. “Seize him and bring him into our care.”

Shock, confusion and dismay on the priest’s face are seen in his mirror.

[Then maybe a geneticist in superhero garb arrives on a motorcycle to save the day. Or not.]

+ How about replacing the Pat Kenny character with Tubs now? Edit: CountyHurler pointed out the...ahem...genetic:o reasons why this will (probably) not come to pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

+ How about replacing the Pat Kenny character with Tubs now?

Shur he's Tubridy's cousin, that's not likely to happen. David McSavage (née Andrews) is the brother of Barry Andrews, ex FF Minister.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Mick the bull was disappointing this week. I still begin to laugh uncontrollably whenever I think of last weeks sketch.

"Quares crucified our lord!! Why the fúck would ya take a mans clothes off if your crucifying him?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Shur he's Tubridy's cousin, that's not likely to happen. David McSavage (née Andrews) is the brother of Barry Andrews, ex FF Minister.
    :o:pac::pac::pac: Forgot that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

thelad95 wrote: »
    "Quares crucified our lord!! Why the fúck would ya take a mans clothes off if your crucifying him?"

I honestly dont know how he gets away with the stuff he says, even with the disclaimer that it's by his "backward character" Mick The Bull... Yer wan on Newstalk's Victim Village was giving out yards about the portrayal of transexuals on RTE's recent comedy show.. The Centre.. I'm shocked she hasnt picketed RTE studios over The Savage Eye..

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭malene

who were the 2 models on the show last night, wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The posh dub sketches do be quite funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Watching it all the way from South Australia at the minute and love the daftness of it! Not to be taking seriously at all and it's very silly but it gets a few giggles alright. Quite nice to hear the Irish attitude all the way down here for 25 minutes a week

Advertisement