Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Official Woo Hoo - Happy Days Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I never fully appreciated how nice the living bridge is until now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Read post then checked time :P
    It's amazing at night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

Whoo! Exactly a month after everyone else I definitely have a school for placement this time :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I got €95 extra on top of my deposit from Dromroe. SCORE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Lads, yis are awful miserable...

I'm bumping this thread on yer behalf...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Savour this happiness. It's the only time you'll be happy about your FYP :pac:
    sup_dude wrote: »
    Lads, yis are awful miserable...

I'm bumping this thread on yer behalf...

FYP supervisor has replied to an email in early January and has some parts available that I won't need to order!

4f7d3b4ce8695b31c2305d1f53eb161afb7d25b1.jpg

My supervisor got back to me too! I still may not have a title, but I know what I'm doing and can FINALLY start my lit review :D

Asked for my P21's from 2012-2015 as I was getting a bit desperate for money. Turns out it's more than enough to cover my maxed out overdraft.

Tears of joy! :D:D:D

I really didn't think I'd get much back! :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Daniel S wrote: »
    Asked for my P21's from 2012-2015 as I was getting a bit desperate for money. Turns out it's more than enough to cover my maxed out overdraft.

Tears of joy! :D:D:D

I really didn't think I'd get much back! :eek:

On that note, I got a cheque back from UL on Thursday for €600. Apparently FYPs only count as one module if you're linking in, not two. I wish someone had told me that in September... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

FYP done and dusted!!!:D

And the demonstration went better than I expected too!

Best of luck to everyone doing theirs

• Advertisement

ricimaki wrote: »
    FYP done and dusted!!!:D

And the demonstration went better than I expected too!

Best of luck to everyone doing theirs

AND ye got a free pint today.

I have nothing good to say about how my FYP write up is going so I'm not gonna say anything at all.

FYP done! :D

*obligatory*

I won a bloody Smedia for UL. :D

WHOOOO! 4th year over done and dusted :D

I had one exam go absolutely horrifically for me, and that I needed a minimum mark in the paper to pass. Spoke to the lecturer today and he told me that even if I don't get the minimum mark in the paper, I've passed the module already based on coursework. Though if I don't get the minimum mark in the paper I'm capped at a D1. But still, no repeats and I get to graduate in August. Whooooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

iLaura wrote:
    WHOOOO! 4th year over done and dusted

Congrats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭ricimaki

Bye bye exams. Bye bye assignments.

And it's actually like summer today!!!

One exam left at 4pm, which I think I've already passed...

Can't. Wait. Any. More.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

I'd like to thank wnolan1992 for my free lunch today :P

I'd like to thank wnolan1992 for my free lunch today :P

I'm sound like that in fairness. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

There's a very very very very slim chance I may have an internship in UL this Summer! :D

I'm not finished exams yet but I feel like I have and I'm just in such a good mood!

• Advertisement

Degree finished (hopefully, last exam was a disaster!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

First year all wrapped up and I finally get to move out of the house that has the worst group of people I've ever met in it! What a day

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TMJM96

Finished my last exam of first year and it wasn't a total disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

It's been about a week since I found out, but...

....I GOT CO-OP IN TRANSYLVANIA!

It's been about a week since I found out, but...

....I GOT CO-OP IN TRANSYLVANIA!

Bring all of the garlic!

iLaura wrote: »
    Bring all of the garlic!

Nope.

False alarm everybody.

I'm actually unemployed again. I have to start the co-op process again. After knowing that I had the job for over a week, and everyone in the co-op office knowing it, and them congratulating me yesterday, and everyone preparing documents and forms and my medications, and things I'd need to study before I started over there...

They REJECTED me this morning. I only did their 32 tests in a programming language not really taught in UL after learning the thing in one night and aced it like. Of course I'd be the incompetent intern!

If they wanted to reject me, two weeks ago was the time to do it.
    I NEARLY BOUGHT INSURANCE!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Nope.

False alarm everybody.

I'm actually unemployed again. I have to start the co-op process again. After knowing that I had the job for over a week, and everyone in the co-op office knowing it, and them congratulating me yesterday, and everyone preparing documents and forms and my medications, and things I'd need to study before I started over there...

They REJECTED me this morning. I only did their 32 tests in a programming language not really taught in UL after learning the thing in one night and aced it like. Of course I'd be the incompetent intern!

If they wanted to reject me, two weeks ago was the time to do it.
    I NEARLY BOUGHT INSURANCE!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh my god. That is so ****! Can you make a complaint about the company or anything? Hopefully you get another co-op fairly soon!

Everyone is aware of the situation, they got the email when I did, and they're looking at more hassle now as well. There's no point complaining about the company in this case. I just have to keep going.

The real problem with this is the amount of time I had to spend from week 12 through to the end of exams with their interview and test process, and then the extra timesink of preparing to move to Romania. I went to the trouble of researching everything about the place, letters were prepared for my insurance and other forms, and I was about to spend my remaining money on insurance and winter gear.

I suppose people only need professionalism until they have a job, then it's optional! Co-op students have to take their first offer like!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Why is this thread always so hard to find!
    Cheer up!
    Finally moved in!
    A little late but I'm here.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭oseia

Posting 'cause this thread needs more posts. :P

My time at UL ended surprisingly well, actually managed to graduate when I was meant to there a couple of weeks ago, my fourth year grades were so much better than any other year so I got a right (pleasant) shock when I got my final results, and my FYP somehow a.) got finished in the end, and b.) got an award, despite me not at any point knowing how to write an FYP.

Jealous of everyone starting in UL this week, would love to be doing it all over again (just without the assignments and all that). :D Apart from the craic of it all I'm also gutted to be missing out on the free pizza in the courtyard this week. :o:p

Advertisement