Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Set on Fire and Left to Burn to Death

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Boardsies donate money into a fund to be given to whoever gives information leading to the arrest of these thugs?

I second that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm not afraid to admit that that story made me cry. Dogs unconditionally love humans, they only want to please them. I don't understand this behaviour and I never will. As well as being incredibley cruel to dogs, it also devalues a human life. Because, if a human can do this, then how do they deserve to live? If I saw someone doing this I'd hit them over the head with the hammer, and if they died, so be it - that's what's good enough for them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Takes a certain breed of scum to do something like that.. I hope they get burnt beyond recognition in a house fire and survive and live the rest of their days in agony.. with no eyelids..

Dirty bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I'm not afraid to admit that that story made me cry. Dogs unconditionally love humans, they only want to please them. I don't understand this behaviour and I never will. As well as being incredibley cruel to dogs, it also devalues a human life. Because, if a human can do this, then how do they deserve to live? If I saw someone doing this I'd hit them over the head with the hammer, and if they died, so be it - that's what's good enough for them.

I caught a mouse in a trap in my house last week. It killed me to do it, i'm a softie really.
    I couldn't bare to look at it when him up to remove him from the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

People who do this kind of thing should be hunted down and given a similar death to what ever they killed or tortured, there's not much point in trying to rehabilitate them. It might be animals today but pretty soon it will be another human being. Sick f**kers tbh.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Spore wrote: »
    why try and ruin our day with this sick story? You're just spreading the bile tbh

This confuses me. Maybe if we don't hear about these things it will never happen. I somehow doubt that though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I remember when in school a guy told me this "hilarious" story of two guys torturing a cat. What shocked the hell out me was not that the guys (I knew them) would do it but the school GAA team were there watching and laughing.

I mentioned it to a teacher because I had had a run in with one of the guys which was partially to do with it. He was very angry about what had happened when I told him and went off to the principle. The principle did nothing to them in public as he would have lost his team but swore them to silence.

Lots of people knew and the team all stood up for them. They were getting the sh*te kicked out of them on a regular basis before the team backed them up. Then a complete psycho in school broke one guys arms and apparently pulled a knife on two other guys who tried to get involved. It eventually quieted down but nobody ever got in trouble for what happened to the guys. They are still seen as scum bags to many people but one of them is lawyer which he would never have been if he didn't spend his time hiding in house.

It wouldn't have been as bad if the guys were actually from particularly hard back grounds but they were quite well off middle class backgrounds. It completely turned me off the schools honour and taught me a lot about people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

whycliff wrote: »
    I caught a mouse in a trap in my house last week. It killed me to do it, i'm a softie really.

You're a funny fooker, aren't you? Either that, or you're just trolling. I could guess, but I'm sure you have the intelligence to figure it out.

It you are equating the removal of vermin from your house, to the total savagery of a dog being doused in petrol and thrown over a wall to yelp in pure agony, well then, you have some issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I feel sick reading that story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

My dog is my actual best friend.

Dogs are so much better than humans it's not even funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-395761/Cruel-teenager-locked-repeatedly-flinging-cat-tower-block.html

The above case highlights the mind numbing idiocy of the culprits. If I remember rightly, all of those invloved had to move away from the area such was the level of disgust at their actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

whycliff wrote: »
    Hobart wrote: »
    You're a funny fooker, aren't you? Either that, or you're just trolling. I could guess, but I'm sure you have the intelligence to figure it out.

It you are equating the removal of vermin from your house, to the total savagery of a dog being doused in petrol and thrown over a wall to yelp in pure agony, well then, you have some issues.

I can understand where Whycliff is coming from, I hate to kill anything regardless what it is.

And I know there are humane traps for catching mice, but I've never found them of any use. So sometimes you just have to kill the poor little beggars, but I cringe and I've done it too.

I even step over spiders and snails in the garden, actually I usually pick up the snails and put them safely into one of the shrubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Dogs don't love humans. What are you on about!?
    Dogs are loyal stupid animals incapable of human emotions - quite projecting yourself on them and instead if you seek love and attention do the healthy thing and try interacting with society, you know friends, family children etc.!

People talking about animals like family members is just as sick as this crime. Don't get me wrong this crime is horrific, but to consider murdering someone over it makes you far FAR worse than the perpetrators.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Bob_Harris wrote: »

My dog was one of mine. She died last January, probably the worst day of my life so far. It's like losing a brother or sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

enda1 wrote: »
    Dogs are loyal stupid animals incapable of human emotions - quite projecting yourself on them and instead if you seek love and attention do the healthy thing and try interacting with society, you know friends, family children etc.!

People talking about animals like family members is just as sick as this crime. Don't get me wrong this crime is horrific, but to consider murdering someone over it makes you far FAR worse than the perpetrators.

I disagree, my two dogs are like my babies.

I've a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and a Pitbull Terrier and I swear to good God, if someone harmed them in any way shape or form - I wouldn't kill them, however I'd kick the crap out of them before letting the dogs have their revenge too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The guy with the shovel is my hero!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭anti-venom

Spore wrote: »
    why try and ruin our day with this sick story? You're just spreading the bile tbh

Why not focus on this story? This sort of sick ****e should be highlighted very forcibly. The unrelenting attention and fear of reprisals might make the sick fuc's who did this think twice before they harm another animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Tone it down please. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Kradock

Bob_Harris wrote: »

I feel for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I wouodnt condone gratutious cruelty but there's some bloke not far from me with a poxy dog thats howling and yelping morning noon and night and i'd dearly love to shoot it and its owner.
    Its obvious its never let out or taken for a walk so everybody else has to listen to it barking all night instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Don't get me wrong this crime is horrific, but to consider murdering someone over it makes you far FAR worse than the perpetrators.

Worse than the perpetrators! You obviously don't have a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Bull**** Enda1. I like animals, but didn't want a dog in the house and my wife felt the same. We eventually decided that we would get a dog as the kids were looking for one and there is always someone at home. To say we love our dog is an understatement! I drove home in tears last week when my wife rang and told me that she'd been hurt. None of us project our personalities on our dog, she just fits in with family life and IS a member of our family. We don't humanise her or make her do tricks etc, but the reception I receive from her when I return from work is amazing. I come from a rural background where animals all had a purpose and there were very few emational ties, but that is not the same with a family pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I can understand where Whycliff is coming from, I hate to kill anything regardless what it is.

And I know there are humane traps for catching mice, but I've never found them of any use. So sometimes you just have to kill the poor little beggars, but I cringe and I've done it too.

I even step over spiders and snails in the garden, actually I usually pick up the snails and put them safely into one of the shrubs.

It's one thing to rid your home of mice, which can be disease spreading and are considered a pest, it's a completely different thing to douse a dog with petrol and light it on fire. There can be only one thing on the culprits minds, and that's to cause the most pain to a 'dumb' animal as they possibly can.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dogs are loyal stupid animals incapable of human emotions
    I think the same thing about gang members and criminals, but that doesn't make it true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭AcePuppetMaster

In all fairness how the hell are "People talking about animals like family members is just as sick as this crime."??? What are you basing that on????:eek:

I agree that violence is not the answer to the scumbags, no matter how much I'd love to...but that's just it. I know the difference between right and wrong. Call it upbringing or getting sense knocked into me, whatever, these "people" obviously do not.

I understand the anger here though, I myself love animals. I hope these guys/gals get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ah cut the dude some slack. It is hard to see a dead animal at all for some people. Especially if you've killed it.
    It's not the same as torturing and murdering for fun, but it's a good sign if you feel a bit remorseful when you have killed something.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Total and utter scum that did that.

If someone did that to my dog in front of me, I would lose the plot and either get killed or get arrested by attacking whoever went at my dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kiki D

Sick b*stards whoever they are. And yes, i would love to see these gits suffer the same as the dog did. I'd gladly supply and apply the petrol.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I have to say, if I came across these fu***** I would gladly do time for what I would do to them! even at the risk of getting doused with petrol myself, Dogs are helpless animals, they depend on us, and to think that these low life's are still out on the streets makes me very very angry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I'm sickened.
    It's actually disgusting what some people will do to get a little kick or what they consider to be "funny".
    That poor dog :(

Advertisement