Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Set on Fire and Left to Burn to Death

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Well, Hot Dog! You forgot to paste for the proles;
    A DOG was doused in petrol, set alight, then flung over a wall in a horrific attack at the weekend.
    The dog ran around the garden of a house in Valeview Gardens, Finglas, Dublin, for a few minutes in flames, shrieking in agony, before running onto the road where a local man killed the animal with a blow from a shovel to put it out of its misery.
    Dublin SPCA suspect that petrol was used. DSPCA Ambulance Driver Gillian Duffy, who was called to the scene and removed the body, was shaken and very upset about the incident.
    Cruelty
    "This is one of the worst cases of animal cruelty that we have ever had the misfortune to see," she said.
    "That poor animal suffered the cruellest, most agonising death imaginable. What kind of person could douse a puppy in petrol, set it on fire and fling it over a wall -- listening to its howling and shrieking?"
    Orla Aungier, operations manager at Dublin SPCA, said: "The disturbing reality is that the youths who conducted this violent crime will more than likely progress on to more horrific forms of abuse.
    "It has been extensively proven that cruelty to animals can be a significant indicator that a child or young adult is at high risk of becoming a perpetrator of violence in society," she said.
    Anyone with information about the horrific crime is asked to contact Finglas Garda Station or Dublin SPCA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭AcePuppetMaster

Pure sick. They should be banned from owning or coming near a pet/animal in the future with charges brought against them! Shame on them but shame on us if we let this kind of thing slide.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Pure sick. They should be banned from owning or coming near a pet/animal in the future with charges brought against them!

They should be banned from living imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

They should be handcuffed to a chair in a cell, covered in petrol, set alight and left there to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

they should be found, doused in petrol, set alight and thrown in the street.

i hate scum, they're ****ing subhumans and, before people post here, comparing them to animals......no, animals should get better treatment than scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Absolutely disgusting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

you'd have to be seriously sick and f*cked up to do something like that, just shows you what kind of youths are out there walking the streets these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭I_am_Jebus

I can't begin to imagine the kind of "person" to do something like that.

I really just don't get what goes on in people's minds. It's scary to be honest.

As a supposedly intelligent species, we have a hell of lot to answer for.

In some ways I hope there isn't a God because when judgement day comes I do not want to be classsified in the same category as people like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Pure sick. They should be banned from owning or coming near a pet/animal in the future

I highly doubt it was one of their own pets they set on fire and left to die. Banning scumbags like that from owning an animal is useless. They should be prosecuted. Anybody who could do something so disgusting to a living thing is a danger to everyone around them and shouldnt be left roaming the streets :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Appaling. Somebody in the area knows who they are and should spill the beans. Some people will say that it was only an animal etc but the pure thug mentality has to be challenged at all levels.

I would pay good money to see those responsible put in a boxing ring and get the lard bet out of them. But what is the current punishment for a crime like this, and also, what should the punishent be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Anyone who harms animals is a scumbag lowlife imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Spore

why try and ruin our day with this sick story? You're just spreading the bile tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Record the sound of the dog suffering and play it back at high volume to the attackers throughout the morning. Every morning for a week. (I would say night, but I presume they are not tucked away all nice and cosy at that time)

Spore wrote: »
    why try and ruin our day with this sick story? You're just spreading the bile tbh

Your right, we should all just bury our heads and pretend that monsters like this live somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If nobody knows about these kind of deviants then nothing could ever be done about it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

lol yeah, I'm the bad guy. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I_am_Jebus wrote: »
    I can't begin to imagine the kind of "person" to do something like that.

You'll be reading about this person in the new few years in the court report.
    Or at least "cannot be named for legal reasons" if they are underage.

Harming animals is but one step on their way to a murder/manslaughter charge in a few years.
    It's been well reported in other cases, James Bolger and possibly that Baby P case

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Thats just fucking bullshit. Its scum like this that should be killed on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

One of the few instances where I would condone gratuitous violence against people

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

these "people" should be used instead of dummies for police attack dog training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Anyone who harms animals is a scumbag lowlife imo.

I'm eating chicken stir-fry right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

mikemac wrote: »
    You'll be reading about this person in the new few years in the court report.
    Or at least "cannot be named for legal reasons" if they are underage.

Harming animals is but one step on their way to a murder/manslaughter charge in a few years.
    It's been well reported in other cases, James Bolger and possibly that Baby P case

Harming animals is in no way a guarentee that someone will go on to commit crimes in the future.

Harming animals is in no way a guarentee that someone will go on to commit crimes in the future.

No, but it is an indicator. A lot of seriel killers started by killing animals, Son Of Sam etc, although in this instance I would say that it was just a bunch of tosspots acting macho in front of each other and it got out of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

No, but it is a precursor for that sort of behaviour, particularly the low empathy levels for other living things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've lost for words.

I've two dogs and they're like my babies, it actually hurts me to think too deeply about this.

Bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,356 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'm eating chicken stir-fry right now.

I hope you cooked it while it was still alive :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

If I met the sick fcuks that did this I would take nothing but pleasure in beating them to a pulp. Its an absolute disgrace! They shud be shot!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭RugbyFanatic

Boardsies donate money into a fund to be given to whoever gives information leading to the arrest of these thugs?

My dog got hit by an oil lorry last Wednesday and had her rear right leg amputated. We were absolutely devastated and my 2 kids are still deeply upset. This was the result of an accident, at least I could explain the concept of accidents etc, but how do you go about trying to cure the trauma of somebody killing your pet for fun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

These people are the absolute sum of the earth, and words cannot describe what i would do to them if i came upon them.

Animals dont think or reason like human beings.
    Dogs have the reasoning or rational of a 2 year old child.
    Most dogs are harmless,defenseless animals...

And its sickening to the stomach to think that we as humans who have the ability to think and reason that we can carry out such hideous act.

Advertisement