Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WHICH ONE OF THESE CARS WOULD YOU GET

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Sizzler wrote: »
    The TT was for illustration purposes only my good man :)

The TT cost some poor bugger night on 50K at one stage, the Honda was probably no more than 25k in Japan new and some lad is trying to cream some poor recession beaten buyer for close to 10k:eek:

You really are talking through your arse!!!!!
    I've seen DC5 Integras for sale for €45k fresh in from Japan, brand new. So that puts your argument out the window for starters.
    And secondly, the link to the TT you put up had 100k miles on the clock. The DC5 only had about half that.
    I wouldn't touch an Audi with a 100k on the clock, where as I would happily buy a Honda with that sort of mileage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The level of ignorance in the thread is quite funny, personally i'd go for the DC5 everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    ......But the TT, I do like them a lot, but I wouldn't so for one unless it was the 225 bhp one!

...nah, you want a 270bhp one.......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I know its a subjective issue but personally for that money Id be benchmarking the Honda against this -

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/TT/180-BHP-/200943195615158/advert?channel=CARS

Id take the Audi all day long.

Always though the TT was a bit pretentious, tries to hard to be cool. Give me either of the japs any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭B11gt00e

Matt Simis wrote: »
    5.6l 850CSi, :D, there was no V12 6 series.

What a peach. You must be lovin' it:D. My brother has a 5.3 v8 holden that growls like a great big wild animal... It's lovely, but I always reckon that you might as well have the 12 when when you've got that kind of cubic capacity.

... it's more of a smooooooth purrrrrrrrrrr on the 850cSi I'd say... very few of your version in the country as you see and hear the v8 models the most.

Enjoy that beast and you should start a post on its merits some day and give us the pleasure of hearing about what I've been led to believe is one of the ultimate driving experiences...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

integra!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

kceire wrote: »
    nothing to do with money here, but if you try to compare cars, then try pick suitable cars to compare :D

we all dont want eco, green, diesel mondeos.......:D
    Neither do I :D

For 9.5k then it would appear there is no other performance car on the entire planet to compare with the Honda :confused:
    Bryn wrote: »
    You really are talking through your arse!!!!!
    I've seen DC5 Integras for sale for €45k fresh in from Japan, brand new. So that puts your argument out the window for starters.
    And secondly, the link to the TT you put up had 100k miles on the clock. The DC5 only had about half that.
    I wouldn't touch an Audi with a 100k on the clock, where as I would happily buy a Honda with that sort of mileage
    Less of the insults there ted.

FFS, I didnt try very hard to find a perfect example of a TT, posted the first one I saw on carzone.

45K for an Integra :eek: You learn something every day.

For the record there was no contest between the honda and the celica :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

For 9.5k then it would appear there is no other performance car on the entire planet to compare with the Honda :confused:

your best post so far :D

money V performance, theres not much that can match it tbh
    nobody has put up a valid car to match it yet.

but it does depend on what your looking for, if the OP was looking for a RWD, then we could throw up S2000 or similar cars, but he's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Integra all the way, great great car. Been looking myself for the last while and it was a toss up between a DC5 and and EP3. The DC5s have even dropped a tiny bit in price since I was looking. I may start looking again, was going towards the EP3s!
    Not a fan of Celicas at all.

And as for the TT comparasion, baaahahahahahahaha! :D

And before it's said I'm no skanger for wanting a reliable Honda! :rolleyes:

Advertisement