Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

WHICH ONE OF THESE CARS WOULD YOU GET

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

EPM wrote: »
    Integra here too. That Celica deserves to be on the skanger mobile thread!
    They are both muppet mobiles imo, you'd look at home in either with a tracksuit and tucked in trainers
    mildews wrote: »
    Neither!!! You will look like a skanger in both
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

I'd prefer a Celica over an Integra but look for a white one :D

Silver is too common a colour and will blend into the rest of the other silver cars out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Let's keep this on topic shall we?
    Max Power1 wrote: »
    They are both muppet mobiles imo, you'd look at home in either with a tracksuit and tucked in trainers

+1

:rolleyes:

If people in a motoring forum cant see a car for what it is without attaching a stereotype to it and adding no other relevant information then why are they posting in a motoring forum?

Just dumbfounds me

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

+1

This is the last warning i'll post on this thread, the next "They're both skangermobiles" comment gets a weeks ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

The Teg

all the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

kceire wrote: »
    good for you, did you get indicators on it?

I don't know wether to Thank you or Infract you.

Lads keep it on topic. If you want to discuss stereotypes do it in the sterotype forum, if you can't find a stereotype forum suggest one here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Teg
    The toyota is manky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Onkle wrote: »

Lads keep it on topic. If you want to discuss stereotypes do it in the sterotype forum, if you can't find a stereotype forum suggest one here

Don't infract him, its one of the funniest posts I read in a long while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

The Integra all the way, to me its no contest. Its in a different leauge to the celica. Its far better looking and not as common on the road.

Its a very good price too. Only thing thats bad about the Teg is the insurance, it costs a lot!
    rrrkelly wrote: »
    i dont care what i look like in either, ill be able to afford somethin better in a few years after college....

And don't speak like that of a DC5!

Guessing by that though I assume you're in your early 20's?

The Insurance on the Teg will make you not want it. The DC5's are really heavily loaded

EDIT: Did you not have a thread up two days ago saying you have a 04 Celica? Why are you debating over buying that 00 one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Get the Teg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Between those two, I'd say the integra, although the colour is far from ideal.

Plenty of nice sleepers out there though..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    EDIT: Did you not have a thread up two days ago saying you have a 04 Celica? Why are you debating over buying that 00 one?

Switching Insurance from Celica 190 to ITR

Replacing suspension on 2003 Celica

Fixing Damage to 2001 Celica

If you have a 03? 01? Celica 190 then why are you looking at a 2000 one as a next car? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭B11gt00e

draffodx wrote: »

If only people had a bit of brain power to get over the stereotypes they attach to particular cars and actually see them for what they are.

+1*

Lotta nice kids driving coupe versions of hondas, toyotas etc., out there. They're young, they wanna drive around a bit, they wan't to learn how to modify performance with the minimal finances and the components they've got at hand... Fair play... They'll grow out of that phase and when older and hopefully employed with more disposable incomes, they'll be a more discerning breed of buyer who'll have the technical know-how and income to appreciate higher end production sports vehicles.

Fair play all the way... sure there's gonna be some wee feckers out there jockeying around and giving cars a bad rep... but the whole scangermobile thing is way out of line... Some of us in our late teens would have happily settled for a mark II fiesta, micra, kadett - whatever you could get your hands on... I say roll on the engineers, mechanics, bodyshop stylers(fair enough - chop shop in the odd case:D) of the future. It's always good when young people show a passion and an interest in something... If it's car modification - then lets give them some more venues to test out their drift and drag skills in a safe professional environment where they can get result printouts etc., and keep the bull**** off the streets.

'sall good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Like this guy (except its shiny black shoes and not trainers)?

Also, that Celica is muck to look at. I'd take the Integra

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

So either the OP has 3 Celicas already, or he's a messer....

Explanation please

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Integra everytime. Those celica's aren't very quick at all, i had a go of one on a track with a 1.6 (b16a) civic. Celica did have the advantage in the corners but as soon as we got near a straight I got the pull on him every time, and yes it was the 1.8 vvtli celica.

DC5 integra is a lot quicker then that civic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

I have to say, four of my sons drive toyota celica's, and one of my nephew's has a honda the very same as that. From driving them both, the celica feels a lot more solid on the road, like a lite ace with more power :)

That's rubbish. The Celica is a fine handling car, but the Integra is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Integra everytime. Those celica's aren't very quick at all, i had a go of one on a track with a 1.6 (b16a) civic. Celica did have the advantage in the corners but as soon as we got near a straight I got the pull on him every time, and yes it was the 1.8 vvtli celica.

DC5 integra is a lot quicker then that civic.....

Yer man couldn't drive then. The 190 Celica would easily have the upper hand on the b16a Civic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

JCDUB wrote: »
    Between those two, I'd say the integra, although the colour is far from ideal.

Plenty of nice sleepers out there though..!!

This is the problem here, that white is not flattering to the Teg at all (and I do like white on many cars).
    On the Celica, it looks only very slightly more tarted than most, I dont see what the problem is. Ignoring spoilers and junk, the Celica is a vastly better looking car.
    It looks designed as opposed assembled.

Why I wouldnt buy either personally is they are both faux performance cars, like the Hyundai Coupe. If you are going to drive a car that may attract certain negative stereotyping, do it properly: :D
    2009_0920players090074.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Integra everytime.
    draffodx wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

If people in a motoring forum cant see a car for what it is without attaching a stereotype to it and adding no other relevant information then why are they posting in a motoring forum?

Just dumbfounds me

And this is the main reason I don't post in here. It's full of people who talk rubbish!

I can't believe some of the replies haven't received infractions seeing as tehre was warnings handed down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

The Integra and offer him 7.5k.

The price is off the charts :eek:

Sizzler wrote: »
    The Integra and offer him 7.5k.

The price is off the charts :eek:

The price is not off the charts at all. That is in and around what DC5's are going for at the moment. The price might SLIGHTLY be over the odds, but not by a huge amount.
    Sure DC2's are still going for 7,500!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Why I wouldnt buy either personally is they are both faux performance cars, like the Hyundai Coupe.
    You can't compare the Teg R to a Hyundai Coupe! Come on!

But I completly agree with Bryn, there has been a lot of crap posted.

But I think this thread is a joke anyways! 99% of the time DC5's are mentioned, its just another dreamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

before looking at the pictures i was convinced i was going to say get the celica.......

but after looking at that .... thing ..... go with the Honda

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Onkle wrote: »

my apolagies Onkle, i just get annoyed when somebody stearotypes the cars in a thread. either you want to answer the question the OP asks or not, if you dont like it move on!

the poster i was quoteing annoyed me with his comments on skangers driving the integra and celica! :mad:

Bryn wrote: »
    The price is not off the charts at all. That is in and around what DC5's are going for at the moment. The price might SLIGHTLY be over the odds, but not by a huge amount.
    Sure DC2's are still going for 7,500!
    OK then let me rephrase....IMHO the price does not represent value in any shape or form.

OK then let me rephrase....IMHO the price does not represent value in any shape or form.

Explain how you think that it does not represent value for money? It is a performance car that once it's looked after, it will go on forever! The are also ecomonical for a performance car

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

220bhp, road handling that is excellent, and even mentioned that it may be better on the road than the DC2 which was considered one of the best handling FWD cars in the world, economic on fuel when required, 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, what more could you want?

its a 6 speed car with great performance, it has full electrics, it has A/C, it has a decent stereo system it has the comfort pack iirc which is push button start, privacy glass and xenon lights as standard.........i remember when these were 25k and that was only 2-3 years ago max! heck, i could buy a 70k BMW 535d and not even get xenons as standard!

in your opinion, its bad value.....but compared to what?
    yes its bad value compared to a 1.1 206 priced at 2k but its a performance car and imo is priced ok, could do with a bit of a discount for a straight sale though.

kceire wrote: »
    220bhp, road handling that is excellent, and even mentioned that it may be better on the road than the DC2 which was considered one of the best handling FWD cars in the world, economic on fuel when required, 0-60 in 6.5 seconds, what more could you want?

in your opinion, its bad value.....but compared to what?
    yes its bad value compared to a 1.1 206 priced at 2k but its a performance car and imo is priced ok, could do with a bit of a discount for a straight sale though.

At last.....a bit of sense being spoken

• Advertisement

I know its a subjective issue but personally for that money Id be benchmarking the Honda against this -

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/TT/180-BHP-/200943195615158/advert?channel=CARS

Id take the Audi all day long.

Advertisement