Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are a skanger if...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I presume the company endorsing the product pays for the business ventures.

This whole celebrity culture thing is a farce, really, isn't it?
    It's complete manipulation of young, naive people. High School Musical is a prime example. They even have HSM water these days. I know because my nine year old cousin had a bottle.
    It's double the price of normal water, simply because it's "High School Musical".

Similarly, fans of a certain celebrity would buy anything associated with that person.
    I'd be interested to know how sales of L'oreal products are doing, since Cheryl Cole's become a representative.

sales of cherry chapstick went through the roof when i kissed a girl came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

I presume the company endorsing the product pays for the business ventures.

This whole celebrity culture thing is a farce, really, isn't it?
    It's complete manipulation of young, naive people. High School Musical is a prime example. They even have HSM water these days. I know because my nine year old cousin had a bottle.
    It's double the price of normal water, simply because it's "High School Musical".

Similarly, fans of a certain celebrity would buy anything associated with that person.
    I'd be interested to know how sales of L'oreal products are doing, since Cheryl Cole's become a representative.

You're probably right about the company endorsing the product providing funding. If it's an independently set up, new company though, I'd imagine funding will often come directly from the wealthy partner.

It is farcical for sure, unfortunately I don't think it's limited to exploiting naive young people. I'm 24 and know plenty of girls who religiously watch x factor, buy the gossip magazines, buy celebrity endorsed products etc.

Pretty sad reflection on a large section of modern society imo. I genuinely don't blame the celebrities though, the blame really lies at the feet of the mongs who fall for the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

eat your own dangleberries in company and wont share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭jif

yeah theres lots of really young (and sheltered) people here if they reckon a a skanger is what they're saying :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

...if the first question asked at the local pub quiz is "What the fcuk are you lookin at??!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

jif wrote: »
    yeah theres lots of really young (and sheltered) people here if they reckon a a skanger is what they're saying :p

If by young people you mean teenagers then you are way off the mark. I'm 15, all my mates are around the same age and we could easily tell the difference between a skanger and just another fellah trying to be a skanger.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Onkle wrote: »
    You drive a white Honda and your name ends in 'O'.. like 'Grahamo'
    Or a Grey Golf GTi blah de blah and your boards username begins in 'O'

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Hossbox

boredboard wrote: »
    for definition of skanger someone needs to put up a link to youtube video from athlone (I can't right now; youtube blocked and not using proxy)... the one with the 'female' asking the 'male' why he sleeps with hippos... it is taken on a mobile phone looking down into the street... it is scary... possibly a fake but funny nonetheless

This one?

NSFWhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDOoEIfADfs
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Onkle wrote: »
    You drive a white Honda and your name ends in 'O'.. like 'Grahamo'

OI! Shurrup you!
    Aww man! I love white Honda Integras! :D

If you're being serious...then good! Me too!!!
    ChewChew wrote: »

You've always been my fave HMod Chewie!

I think the trousers into the socks is the ultimate...is it to show off their skinny ankles or something?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Quite right, I've had enough of them D4 folk stereotyping us tracksuit wearing Northsiders as Skangers on 1 thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

when you step out of your fellas honda civic , you pull your trackies down rather than up

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

irish_bob wrote: »
    when you step out of your fellas honda civic , you pull your trackies down rather than up
    My fella has a Honda Civic, should I be afraid?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

You wear a hat at an angle greater than 45 degrees.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

... you just mugged me :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Smoke at 12 years old.
    Have a fringe longer than your normal hair that resembles spiders legs.
    Have a bowl haircut.
    Listen to DJ Rankin.
    Listen to Tiesto.
    Take "yokes".
    Smoke hash.
    Drink "Devils Bit Cider" all the time.
    Get your 4 year old daughter to go shop for fags.
    Smoke 40 fags a day (bum 20 of these of strangers)
    Wash monthly.
    Have a pubic beard.
    Like Akon.
    Go to court in a tracksuit laughing at how fun it is to be a dirty sham.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    You've always been my fave HMod Chewie!
    what you looking for? :cool::p
    Grahamo999 wrote: »
    I think the trousers into the socks is the ultimate...is it to show off their skinny ankles or something?!
    Yeah Grahamo. THats what it's for :pac:
    RMD wrote: »
    Quite right, I've had enough of them D4 folk stereotyping us tracksuit wearing Northsiders as Skangers on 1 thing.
    Northside, Tracksuit wearing skangers?? for realz? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

you choose to say, 'I seen!'

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

You are a skanger if:
    • You tear the timetables off bus stops.
    • You insist on paying child fare even though you're 21.
    • You stand outside you're school for the majority of school hours smoking.
    • You're 15 and have 3 kids.
    • You walk around your estate in large groups at the middle of the night, shouting and sitting on the garden wall of every house but your own.
    • You make sure everyone on the bus can hear what your saying.
    • You make sure everyone on the bus can hear the music you're playing.
    • You're friends congratulate you on your first ASBO.
    • You are completely Amoral, having never been subjected to right and wrong by your inattentive, uncaring and often absent parents.
    • You have an innate affinity to Hip-Hop/Rap
    • You have no desire to better yourself through honest means nor learn anything outside of car modification.
    • You love the tax-payer. They hate you.
    • You occasionally graffiti random places, letting people know you were there for no apparent reason- "Anto Woz Ere!"
    • When Chris Brown beat Rhianna you beat your girlfriend cos Chris Brown is "madt"
    • You and your friends hang around in gangs spitting a lot and trying to start fights with small children or anyone else that they could easily overpower.
    • It is medically impossible to walk by a male with long hair, without shouting "hippie!"
    • Your favourite places to shop are McDonalds,Burger King, and the local off licence.
    • Your mobile phone is a status symbol, and the louder you shout into it when talking, the higher your skanger status will rise.
    • You're 15 and got a pram for christmas.
    • Tayto bags are just as good as condoms....in fact, better!!!
    • You believe Sinn Fein are the greatest politicians to have ever walked the earth, however you still don't vote.
    • Humanoid in appearance, but primative and animalistic in nature.
    • You're 12 and wear a t-shirt bought by your mother, proclaiming on it your status as a "Slut"
    • It is impossible for you to use a public toilet without drawing on the wall. Usually a penis or "Up the IRA!"
    • You believe women are only suitable for procreation up to the age of 16.
    • Your male friends name's will always be abbreviated, with an "O" added on to the end.
    • You are a great fan of "happy slapping" believing it to be "tew madt" and great for those "f**kin hippies"
    • You think anyone who reads a book is a nerd.
    • The bigger and more aggressive the dog, the better.
    • All of your jewellery is from argos.
    • You consider yourself a golfer, yet you own no more than 2 golf clubs and only play in the local football field.
    • You can often been seen driving around back roads in your Citroen C2 with a "deadly" body-kit.

I could go on for weeks....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

You're a skanger if...

-You don't brush your teeth
    -You have no teeth
    -You g0t a fully grown beard when you hit puberty
    -You go up to random people and ask for credit
    -You don't give the naive mong who let you use his credit his phone back
    -You see kids playing soccer and pull a shin guard from you jacket and try and sell it to one of them
    -You hang around shops at the age of 12 asking people to buy you fags
    -You listen to really bad dance music with squeaky voices pumped up to full volume in your van whilst you wear a white Penney's vest and speed around the place and the age of 45
    -You have a go-kart and live in an estate
    -You throw a cat into a bonfire
    -You live in a 3 bedroom house and have 17 in your family
    -When you go out you get into big groups and jump random individuals
    -You wear a tracksuit going out
    -You're a fireworks salesman
    -You're a counterfeit Fred Perry jumper salesman
    -You're a counterfeit Nike runner salesman
    -You don't recycle or use the bins properly
    You somehow manage to destroy the sewage system in your house so it makes the place stink
    -You're 6 years old and you smash your front door's window with a golf club

Ahh, rambled on a bit there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Your a skanger parent ..

If you have done the weekly shopping and the alcohol in your shopping trolly costs more than the food you've bought to feed your growing kids.

You give your kids crisps and cola for lunch. The crisps come from the large €1.50 for 12 packs.

If your kids mouths are dripping food dye from some cheap s**t sweets you bought them so that instead of having to give them attention you could chat with your fellow skangers.

If you feed your children processed junk and say things like "Sure they won't eat anything else".

Finally, your a skanger parent if your children scream 'f** off' or 'c**t' out loud and you laugh proudly and say "I don't where she/he hears it".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Actually my car is quite chav at the moment... Up on axle stands in my garden with the gearbox in the boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

I_am_Jebus wrote: »
    traveller / culchie / skanger all the same apparently...:D

And wtf are you??

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Anna88 wrote: »
    And wtf are you??
    Jebus, clearly

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

Oh ye sorry....jebus translates into dickhead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You are a skanger if you're born in Dublin.

Stereotypes ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

That_Guy wrote: »
    You are a skanger if you're born in Dublin, on the northside.

Stereotypes ftw.

FYP ;)

FYP ;)

Southsiders are socially acceptable scumbags. They do coke inside and not on the streets. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

you think your the man walking down the street in the daylight holding a open beer can or bottle, all the while not drinking so as many people will see you as possible, hard man strut is optional

I also forgot to mention that you're also a skanger if you hang out by that Evening Herald newspaper stand on O'Connell St, just before you turn down Abbey St.

Every fcuking day they're there. Raising a family there or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

If you use the words story and bud as a way of greeting somone.

Advertisement