Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

o1s1n wrote: »
    Awh no! 5 was my maximum bid too. If I had of known there were people here selling it silly cheap....:D

Haha, oh well thanks o1s1n! Didn't realise I was being silly, let me just up the price to 90 euro...nah, I never really got into that game, and I got it for free off a mate. I don't see the point of fleecing people because a game is an RPG, and to be honest, I don't see the point in being greedy. My approach to selling games is A) how much did you pay for it in the first place B) how much enjoyment did you get out of it.

If I paid fack all, I will charge fack all, and if I really enjoyed it, then I don't see the point of pricing somebody else out of that enjoyment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Seeing as I'm back online properly now, just thought I'd throw up some pics of the Megadrive thing I bought the other day. Plus it's an excuse to use the camera apart from putting ZOMG HAWT1!1!!! pictures of myself on myspace. Will also thake better pics of my collection over the weekend.

SDC10472.jpg

SDC10470.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Those mini Megadrive yolks are so cute. Bless.

I saw one online somewhere where a guy soldered on a cart slot. Pretty nifty.

Got a heap of stuff in the post. Am going to have to stick up some photos.

I mentioned before getting DS screen protectors to put on my other handhelds. They worked perfectly!

It came with two (One for each DS screen obviously!). The slightly bigger one fit the Nomad and then the smaller one fit a gameboy. Result. No more scratched screens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

They are cute :) Ooh, would be great to add on a cart slot :D

Pics! Please!

Master of the Universe

They are cute :) Ooh, would be great to add on a cart slot :D

Pics! Please!

Here you go -

sega_mini_11.jpg

sega_mini_1.jpg

Cool, eh? I wonder does it require much work.

Just picked this up on ebay AUS -

eccojr.jpg

No booklet so I was the only bidder. People are crazy. I got that for 15 euro yet the last Ecco Jr went for 43 euro because it had a booklet. Is a booklet really worth paying that much extra? Seems it is for some.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Thought I'd throw up some pics of my modded gameboy while I was logged into photobucket :D

DSC_0214.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Pro sound mod is the bottom jack, side jack is for a pedal to start tracks.

DSC_0209.jpg

You can see the half speed slowdown switch where the speaker should be. The speaker was the only thing sacrificed making this. No need for it anyway with the pro sound out mod.

DSC_0217-1.jpg

The backlight in all it's night time glory. He sent me out the green one rather than the red. Must have gotten the two auctions confused. I was miffed to start off with, but then realized it was probably for the best. Staring at a red screen can't be good for your eyes!

DSC_0210-1.jpg

Added shoulder button. Really handy for skipping between the menus.

DSC_0220.jpg

1 copy of LSDJ. (Also have a gameboy transferrer link port thingy for backing up tracks. Knew there was something I'd forgotten to photograph)

DSC_0221.jpg

Converted Gameboy multiplayer hub. Allows you to connect a keyboard up to the gameboy's sync port. As far as I know you can then use this like a musical keyboard while your track is playing under LSDJ. Haven't had much of a change to try it out yet.

DSC_0222.jpg

This is a stomp pedal to start tracks. Under LSDJ the start button starts a track. So this is just a handy shortcut.

DSC_0224-2.jpg

It looks rather obscene with the power jack plugged in too!

That megadrive is awesome!

Nice Gameboy!! Looks like some power hungry mutant when everythings all hooked up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Finally arrived today. Early Xmas present for me :D

Lovely Dreamcast!

Master of the Universe

Here's that Playstation auction I won a couple of weeks ago for 22 euro. Just to show you the amount of stuff that actually came with it. Insane.

DSC_0209-1.jpg

My baby finally arrived from Aus. They have a horrible thing about taking the hanging tags off Megadrive clamshells. So I replaced it with a nice clean one (Think the box was originally Premiere Manager 97..yuck!)

DSC_0221-1.jpg

DSC_0222-1.jpg

Couple more hard to find PAL Megadrive games (They have the added bonus of being great games too!) -

DSC_0223-2.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

DSC_0224-3.jpg

The book is knackared and the cart has a tear :( Didn't realize until after I bought it!

DSC_0226.jpg

I absolutely adore this. Got a flash card for it too but the thing won't connect to my pc. Shame as I have barely any GBA carts.

DSC_0216-1.jpg

Some stuff I just got from CCCP..apart from Robocop for the snes & Kurushi (Don't know how they slipped in there..also don't know why Cybersled is upside down!)

Turns out the CDX is for the Mega CD I. I have a Mega CD II. There was another one made for that. However, they're both so god damn rare that it would be easier for me to get a Model I Mega CD than hunt down a CDX II! (Which I may do at some point)

DSC_0210-2.jpg

Metal Slug 3 arrived too. X isn't here as it's in the cab at home and it doesn't work with the MVS -> AES adapter anyway. Just need 5 now for the set.

DSC_0213.jpg

Leaving it at that as I don't want to kill everyone's bandwith. Well at this point I probably already have :D

• Advertisement

It's all so beautiful... *tear*

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I'm soo, em whats the word?, on yeah... Jealous :D

Hey sorry about that O1s1n, I couldn't figure out from the internet what type it was made for, all I knew was that it wouldn't work for the Multi-Mega :/

Master of the Universe

CCCP^ wrote: »
    Hey sorry about that O1s1n, I couldn't figure out from the internet what type it was made for, all I knew was that it wouldn't work for the Multi-Mega :/

Ah no worries! I still would have bought it from you anyway. I was planning on getting another Megadrive Mark I to mod. Reckon I'll end up getting a Mega CD mark I to go with it too ;)

Well that's cool then, was everything else ok?

Master of the Universe

Yeah, games work perfect. :) Just starting Final Fantasy IX now. I have a feeling I'm going to be kicking myself for missing this the first time it came around.

My friend David thought it was good, but I'm just not into RPGs myself. I played FF7 and Jade Cocoon and thought they were good but thats it really, hope you enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I absolutely adore this. Got a flash card for it too but the thing won't connect to my pc. Shame as I have barely any GBA carts.

DSC_0216-1.jpg
    :

I want one!

FFIX is good fun. I have a copy on the shelf beside me.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Warren3

I bought Double Dragon 3 for the megadrive and Mickey mania and fifa for the mega cd

Ah no worries! I still would have bought it from you anyway. I was planning on getting another Megadrive Mark I to mod. Reckon I'll end up getting a Mega CD mark I to go with it too ;)

I will hunt you down and rob you blind if you get one of those :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

It's not a game, but I bought Metal Gear Saga Volume 2, today, for £2.50. I'm well-pleased with that.

Master of the Universe

Recently rediscovered my love for light gun games. I've been meaning to get a guncon compatable set for Time Crisis with a proper slide recoil and pedal since..1996?!. So picked this up on the bay -

lightgun.jpg

One review I read the guy said the snap from the slide was so strong that it was actually dangerous. Sounds exactly what I'm looking for! :D

I have a cheapo light gun that I think I'm going to try and mount into an airsoft rifle at some point. Would be excellent for Crisis Zone!

Crisis Zone FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

Christmas memories of the past made me search for Super Castlevania on ebay. I came across a nice little bundle of games NTSC format, I have a convertor, and lo and behold Castlevania was included - not to mention my favourite RPG Mystical Ninja !

IMG00101-20091217-1555.jpg

the unlabled cart is actually Secret of Mana ! :D

ondafly wrote: »
    Christmas memories of the past made me search for Super Castlevania on ebay. I came across a nice little bundle of games NTSC format, I have a convertor, and lo and behold Castlevania was included - not to mention my favourite RPG Mystical Ninja !

IMG00101-20091217-1555.jpg

the unlabled cart is actually Secret of Mana ! :D

Wow nice score mate, what was the price and what is the full list of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

paid 43gbp

total list

Castlevania IV w/manual
    Mario World
    Mario Paint w/mouse & manual
    Mario Kart w/manual
    Pink Panther
    Secret of Mana (Front label of the cartridge is missing)
    Mystical Ninja (aka: Goemon) w/manual
    Final Fight
    Batman Returns w/manual
    Super Buster Bros.
    Aladdin
    Super Star Wars
    WWF Wrestlemania
    Cybernator
    Desert Strike
    Battletoads: Battlemaniacs
    Super Tennis
    The Terminator
    Contra 3: Alien wars
    King Arthurs World

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Hey o1s1n

Am I goin mad or is that a dual analog in the ps1 auction and not a dual-shock??
    I thought they were bastards to get since they never sold that well over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ondafly wrote: »
    paid 43gbp

total list

Castlevania IV w/manual
    Mario World
    Mario Paint w/mouse & manual
    Mario Kart w/manual
    Pink Panther
    Secret of Mana (Front label of the cartridge is missing)
    Mystical Ninja (aka: Goemon) w/manual
    Final Fight
    Batman Returns w/manual
    Super Buster Bros.
    Aladdin
    Super Star Wars
    WWF Wrestlemania
    Cybernator
    Desert Strike
    Battletoads: Battlemaniacs
    Super Tennis
    The Terminator
    Contra 3: Alien wars
    King Arthurs World

Some quality stuff there.

Master of the Universe

Hey o1s1n

Am I goin mad or is that a dual analog in the ps1 auction and not a dual-shock??
    I thought they were bastards to get since they never sold that well over here?

Well this is odd.

The box is indeed for one of those pre dual shock analog controllers. I opened it up just now and there was a black ps2 analog controller in it.

'wtf?'

Then I noticed the end to plug into a console was the same as the ps1 connection.

It doesn't have the little thumb indentations like the picture on the box, so I take it it's just a black ps1 dual shock.

That's annoying. Got me all excited there for a moment. Ah well, I've never seen a black ps1 dual shock before. So I guess it's better than nothing.

• Advertisement

The controller connections are the same on the PS1 and PS2, hence you can plug a PS1 controller into the PS2.Not sure if it works the other way around. You'll know it's a PS2 controller if it says Dualshock 2 beside where the wire comes out.

But you probably know that already :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement