Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

EnterNow wrote: »
    Aw someone punch him out!

Only joking:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No such thing as a free lunch and so it is proved once again.
    3 360 games for a tenner and no catch???
    I think not!
    Of the three only one was rescue able with resurfacing, but it was Left 4 Dead so it's ok really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So what is it?

0.jpg

I've never seen one before - no one has - but I'm guessing it's a white hole.

...a white hole?!

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole
    sucks time and matter out of the universe, a white hole returns it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Aw what have I started :o

• Advertisement

Precisely.That's why we're experiencing these curious time phenomena on boards.

So what Is it?

Achilles wrote: »
    So what Is it?

Okay, so it's decided then.We consult Holly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Got decent deals on these from auctions, got a few more coming should be here tomorrow

otjmhe.jpg
    35lrp8w.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Well, unless the production somehow gained access to several dozen invisible 35mm cameras - which, to my humble knowledge, do not exist - our North Korean friend was always going to be proven incorrect :p

The opening chase of Drive is better anyway :pac:

I haven't found the article I read about the making of it yet. Never surrender, it's the North Korean way!*

Never said I was right either, I just have a selective memory. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    So what Is it?

Okay, so it's decided then.We consult Holly.
    Hey wait a minute, I missed the discussion.

Hey wait a minute, I missed the discussion.

Time is occurring in random pockets.The laws of causality no longer apply. An action no longer leads to a consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Backwards_%28Red_Dwarf%29.jpg

Backwards_%28Red_Dwarf%29.jpg

diobmiG uoy sdrawkcaB stahT

So anyway just made it home and testing out the Bleemcast CD (I never could get the cracked iso to boot properly... aherm... not that I would ever try such a thing).

Metal Gear Solid looks GOOD upscaled to 480p with the DC's antialiasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So my dad's workmate had this lying around, and was about to throw it out.
    So he gave it to me for nothing.

qxl1l.jpg
    LSscq.jpg
    JIE1u.jpg
    Atari 1040 ST.
    Came with original monitor, Atari printer, 2 mice, some software and lots of programming manuals.
    Also came with a custom-built AC up-converter.

F38N9.jpg
    Also got myself a pair of Koss PortaPros in red (that 80s style!) and a Casio F-91W (well bought the other month).

pJfRO.jpg
    SUMMER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

The retro casio watch wasn't turned around on purpose at all :P :pac:.
    No really though, nice find!

You just love showing off that terrorist watch, don't you?

Here's a pic of me giving MGS a go on the DC earlier. You probably can't tell from the picture but the graphics are much improved over the PS1, even more so than playing PS1 games with the improved setting on the PS2 / PS3.

SC1fM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,957 ✭✭✭Doge

Wow!

You'll have to change your username to K.O Geeky after that post!

Seriously levels of geeky goodness in that post! :D

@Achilles
    That Bleemcast is awesome,
    shame the PS2 hasn't been hacked to offer better graphics / filtering/ AA for PS1 games,
    apart from the "Smooth" option.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Here's a pic of me giving MGS a go on the DC earlier. You probably can't tell from the picture but the graphics are much improved over the PS1, even more so than playing PS1 games with the improved setting on the PS2 / PS3.

SC1fM.png

Can you turn off the texture filtering? MGS is one game that really pushes the PS1 and there's some scenes that look really weird with texture filtering and don't look right at all. If you like doors and windows with fluffy edges then you should be in heaven though.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Can you turn off the texture filtering? MGS is one game that really pushes the PS1 and there's some scenes that look really weird with texture filtering and don't look right at all. If you like doors and windows with fluffy edges then you should be in heaven though.

A bit like Little Big Planet meets Outer Heaven? Sign me right up!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up Shock Troopers from Mitchomagic this evening, can't wait to try it, it's a pure class game, a real alternative to the Metal Slug series and much better than the follow up.
    Glad I snapped it up while others got Thrash Rally! ;)

I've decided to buy a Terror watch, need something for work and it looks like fun, not too sure about the 30 seconds or so it gains/loses each month, a lazy movement perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Picked up a few MVS carts from Mitch. Going to have to call it a day on the MVS collection soon sadly. Have about 40 carts now and anyone who owns a cart can probably imagine how much space that would take up.

Some of these may be doubles..to be honest I actually can't remember what games I have in storage :eek:

IMG_1658.jpg

Neo Cup 98 has it's original holographic label. Looks lovely! Also, you'll notice the ports on the Thrash Rally cart. I think this is for a link up option. Never seen it before on a Neo Geo cart.

Also, here's another collection which has slowly been coming together, Neo Geo pocket games. I reckon this is one I'll eventually stick with until I get a complete set. They're just such lovely things.

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few pics of the TurboExpress and a size comparison shot with some other handhelds.

dsc1426ko.jpg

dsc1428a.jpg

dsc1431m.jpg

dsc1435m.jpg

dsc1445eh.jpg

The screen is actual ok considering how old the tech is. You can tell they went for the best available type at the time, but by today's standards its poo.
    It's very similar to the screen on the Blaze/AtGames portable megadrive things(one pictures above).

Ah, handheld consoles and the smell of well oiled mahogany...

I reckon, late at night, when everyone is asleep, the Nomad and TurboExpress bully the Pokemon Mini and the Pocket Station, taking all their lunch money... they question the sexuality of the lime green GB Color as well, frakkers!

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Time for a shootout!

Here's the official scan of the bootdisc:

CaseFront.jpg

Now that looks to me like the guys at Bleem exaggerated by adding further pixelation to the PS1 screenshot.

What do you think?

Video Comparison of MGS between the Dreamcast and PS2:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ah, handheld consoles and the smell of well oiled mahogany...

I reckon, late at night, when everyone is asleep, the Nomad and TurboExpress bully the Pokemon Mini and the Pocket Station, taking all their lunch money... they question the sexuality of the lime green GB Color as well, frakkers!

Wait!, I have a Pokemon Mini?
    U crazy CiderManChild :D

LOL! I just read the first line of the Scan there! Hilarious!

Actually I wonder if the PS1 scan is legit,
    I foolishly compared it to the above video which shows it on the PS2 with the enhancements activated.

Comparison of Tekken 3 between Bleemcast + PS1:

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    Wait!, I have a Pokemon Mini?
    U crazy CiderManChild :D

Sorry, my bad it was a VMU, I just glanced through the collection and, given your claim as a collector of fine A&R goods, assumed you'd live up to that claim and have a Pokemon Mini in there, but you don't......

Do you remember the abuse Retr0 recived for, now which was it that time, oh yes, over not owning a Nes?
    Reckon you should scour eBay quick for one, just in case.... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement