Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

here's what I got this morning, bar Brunswick the frog, I've him all along.
    (just noticed his arm hiding a game, it's Warioland 3)
    2v3j382.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sorry, my bad it was a VMU, I just glanced through the collection and, given your claim as a collector of fine A&R goods, assumed you'd live up to that claim and have a Pokemon Mini in there, but you don't......

Do you remember the abuse Retr0 recived for, now which was it that time, oh yes, over not owning a Nes?
    Reckon you should scour eBay quick for one, just in case.... ;)

I never claimed to be any sort of collector of fine A&R goods. I merely happen upon the odd retro auction/sale etc from time to time.
    Usually between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    I never claimed to be any sort of collector of fine A&R goods

I merely happen upon the odd retro auction/sale etc from time to time.

I merely happen upon the odd retro auction/sale etc from time to time.

Usually between 9am and 6pm Monday to Friday :)

Fixed! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

waveform wrote: »
    Time for a shootout!

Here's the official scan of the bootdisc:

CaseFront.jpg

Now that looks to me like the guys at Bleem exaggerated by adding further pixelation to the PS1 screenshot.

What do you think?

Video Comparison of MGS between the Dreamcast and PS2:

You won't notice it in that part of the game, it happens in the PS2 version with texture filtering on as well. One part that stuck out was anytime the camera was looking through a hole in a texture like a viewing hole on a door or a character stuck their hands through it, that it looked horrendous. If you can turn off texture filtering it should be fine.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You won't notice it in that part of the game, it happens in the PS2 version with texture filtering on as well. One part that stuck out was anytime the camera was looking through a hole in a texture like a viewing hole on a door or a character stuck their hands through it, that it looked horrendous. If you can turn off texture filtering it should be fine.

Will be interesting to see!

There's a long play of the BleemCast version up in about 40 parts on youtube:

Bleem! for Metal Gear Solid

If you can manage to skip to a key (hole) scene ;) which normally shows the glitch on the PS2, it would be great!

I can't remember the game well enough to find the exact scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yup it's there. The stealth Camo effect also looks rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've decided to buy a Terror watch, need something for work and it looks like fun, not too sure about the 30 seconds or so it gains/loses each month, a lazy movement perhaps?

F917W: First introduced in 1991...

...you know what else was introduced in 1991?

206069.jpg

553625_3232284532680_1433651582_32157757_1093685084_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Precisely.That's why we're experiencing these curious time phenomena on boards.

So what Is it?:D

Lets get back OT:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So what Is it?:D

Its a, rent, in the....

I can't do it :(

Anyway, back on topic. Knuckles Chaotix [US]

301oz1y.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@o1s1n: Lovely NGP collection you have going there. If you have MVS doubles of Neo Turf Masters or Viewpoint (:P) then step into my office. :)

@Steve_SI: Surprised at how big that TurboExpress is, bigger than the Nomad! :eek: Guess it feels like value for money with the size of it, looks great it does. Is it possible to capture that screen in action in a youtube vid maybe? Is it better played with earphones or what's the speaker like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

0.jpg

So what is it?

....only joking. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34,533 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Its a, rent, in the....

I can't do it :(

Anyway, back on topic. Knuckles Chaotix [US]

Nice! Have you played it much? I really want to pick up a PAL one but the money for them is silly.

Annoying thing is I was going to buy it about 6 or 7 years ago but I thought it was overpriced then...and it was a fraction of what it's going for now.
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    @o1s1n: Lovely NGP collection you have going there. If you have MVS doubles of Neo Turf Masters or Viewpoint (:P) then step into my office. :)

Cheers! I think NGP boxes are up there with my all time favourites. They really do look well lined up in a row..will have to get some more :)

There's a guy selling a complete collection on ebay at the moment. Even with all the monochrome games included, it only comes to 44 titles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/44-Neo-Geo-Pocket-Color-B-W-games-COMPLETE-SET-BOXED-Super-rare-not-AES-sealed-/251066951093?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item3a74c1a5b5

I definitely only have the one copy of ViewPoint, but might have two Neo Turf Masters. Will keep you in mind if I come across an extra one.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice! Have you played it much? I really want to pick up a PAL one but the money for them is silly.

Annoying thing is I was going to buy it about 6 or 7 years ago but I thought it was overpriced then...and it was a fraction of what it's going for now.

I've only played it through the wonders of emulation so far, it's a fairly big departure from the established Sonic formula [vintage Sonic, not that new age nonsense]. It's meant to be really good if you can master the controls, but thats easier said than done.

I honestly don't see any reason to pick up the PAL version, sure it's far less common but it only really holds a bragging right as far as I can tell, as the two versions are identical.

Definitely looking at doing some serious 32X collecting for the moment, there's really not many games at all & 90% of them are very affordable. I'll be sticking with NTSC where possible :)

Master of the Universe

I'd love to know how the whole control system in that game started off. It was originally pitched in Sonic Crackers. I wonder was that going to be a little off shoot of Sonic (sort of like Sonic Spinball) for the Megadrive - then realized they'd need a Sonic based game for the 32X so used the idea for that instead.

It's weird though. For a game that's about a fast hedgehog running about the place, dragging someone behind you seems like an odd step forward.

As for regions - yeah, you're completely right. I'm just an oddball when it comes to mixing NTSC US games into my collections, always try to avoid it.

As for regions - yeah, you're completely right. I'm just an oddball when it comes to mixing NTSC US games into my collections, always try to avoid it.

In that case, Im lucky as Im only building the collection now. Have you many 32x titles yourself?

Master of the Universe

I think I have about 6 or 7 fully boxed titles and then the same unboxed?

Can't quite remember, they're all in storage, along with the 32X itself!

Thats probably all the ones that are worth having :p I'd have loved a proper Sonic game for it

Due to this thread I started reading up on the history of Sonic Crackers wondering how people managed to get their hands on the prototype and what do I find?

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/prototype/following-the-trail-of-cracker-crumbs-the-origins-of-sonic-crackers/

Talk about a coincidence! So Oisin... you actually helped somebody solve the mystery eh? Good man! :-)

Oh ohhhh.....
    now thathis full name is in the public domain...

Those russians will be looking for him.

Red Dawn won't have **** on what's about to happen next! ;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Oh ohhhh.....
    now the his full name is in the public domain...

That's a completely different Oisin.

>_>

<_<

/Flees country

Achilles wrote: »
    Due to this thread I started reading up on the history of Sonic Crackers wondering how people managed to get their hands on the prototype and what do I find?

http://www.nintendoplayer.com/prototype/following-the-trail-of-cracker-crumbs-the-origins-of-sonic-crackers/

Talk about a coincidence! So Oisin... you actually helped somebody solve the mystery eh? Good man! :-)

That was an interesting one alright! The chap signed up to boards and sent me a pm asking about my proto and that he was trying to figure out where they all came from. Really interesting read and I think he came to a pretty solid conclusion in the end.

He has some other similar articles on that website, definitely worth checking out!

Oh ohhhh.....
    now thathis full name is in the public domain...

Pfft, he owns the T-Shirt from T2 ffs...he'll be grand, its the Russians I pity

Achilles wrote: »
    0.jpg

So what is it?

....only joking. :P
    We will cease to be HERE, because none of this will have
    occurred. But we will exist back on Red Dwarf, before all this began.
    With, of course, no memory of these events, which, of course, never
    happened. And as these events never happened, we will have no memory
    of them. In which case, Mister Rimmer, Sir, I should like to take this
    opportunity of saying that you are the most obnoxious, trumped-up,
    farty little smeghead it has ever been my misfortune to encounter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

That's a completely different Oisin.

Not this one?

freedomrail-pantry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Post 10,000!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /reset

We will cease to be HERE, because none of this will have
    occurred. But we will exist back on Red Dwarf, before all this began.
    With, of course, no memory of these events, which, of course, never
    happened. And as these events never happened, we will have no memory
    of them. In which case, Mister Rimmer, Sir, I should like to take this
    opportunity of saying that you are the most obnoxious, trumped-up,
    farty little smeghead it has ever been my misfortune to encounter!

....you legend :P

Post 10,000!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /reset

Post 10,001 actually m8

Replies dont include the OP:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Before the thread gets locked, it would be great to be able to pilfer all the images of GETS from this thread and file them with user names. Would look great on one of those pinterest boards or a clickable collage of some sort....

...except we'd have to duplicate all of SteveSI's photos to ensure consistency which might take up a lot of display space. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Post 10,001 actually m8

Replies dont include the OP:D

I was more referring to the fact the threads over now :(
    Its going from 8 to 16bit O_o

• Advertisement

NNOOOOOOO! :( This thread should be exempt, it's literally full of brilliance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement