Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Andrew76 wrote: »
    @Ciderman: TouchingVirus seems to be the main man for glitching 360s.

He certainly is. 110%. My two 360 Slims are running just fine. :)

@ImmediateEntrance:

fullZZZZZZTVICL0826231210PIC.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Surprised this chap arrived today, only bought it last Friday from a US seller. Wyvern Wings by Semicon, never heard of it until recently. Board is in perfect condition and came with instruction strip and PCB feet, supposedly NOS. Only played it for a few minutes but looks and sounds decent enough. Not an awful lot of info out there about it, there's a small bit of info half way down this page: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/korea/part2/company-semicom3.htm. "mixes Raiden with Strikers 1945" - that's me happy anyway. :pac:

wyvernwings01.jpg

wyvernwings02.jpg

wyvernwings03.jpg

wyvernwings04.jpg

wyvernwings05.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely!

I really like that little instruction marquee thing. Would it fit in the display section of your AWSD control panel? Or is it a little too wide?

Mr. 76, that is MIGHTY impressive! Very nice board sir. Are you going to mount the instructions in your Sammy? I've heard of the game, never played it though. Looks fantastic, dying to have a go on it!

Must find out the make/model of your camera too, again you've got wonderful CRT snaps. :)

I got a few bits today too. One I'll post later. The other is a photo the seller gave me of something I just bought. Another Laserdisc.

This time it's Gunhed. The movie based on the anime based on the manga based on the PC Engine SHMUP of the same name.

This one is extra special though as not only is the laserdisc super rare anyway, but it's CIB (no obi strip, it never came with one at original retail) with the jacket insert.

AND, most importantly, check the product code on the back. It's the rarer widescreen version, which is rarer than the already rare fullscreen Laserdisc. :D

U2svK.jpg
    5WX2q.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Lovely!

I really like that little instruction marquee thing. Would it fit in the display section of your AWSD control panel? Or is it a little too wide?

The instructions are tiny, way too small to mount (I guess that gives a good idea how small the board is). Just looked at the back and it's actually a sticker you can peel off. Here's a pic using my crappy phone camera (misses walked out the door with mine just before):

24wwinstruct.jpg

Thanks pyongyang, the camera I normally use for pics is actually an ancient Samsung thing, NV10 is the model. Nothing like the fancy DSLR jobbies most people have. Nice laserdisc you got there. Are there other live action films out there based on shmups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Welcome to the addiction club. biggrin.gif

Well, Pyongyang called it right.

Hey, me once again, with goodies freshly out of envelopes - one of which is my first Japanese/NTSC-J import. :D

Enough of waffle! Photos!

First: my 2nd Dreamcast game (disc only, PAL version)

IMAG0063.jpg

And next: my First Super Famicom game, for a console I don't own yet...
    edittedIMAG0064.png

A bit of an explanation is in order. This is for a surprise birthday present. The recipient is active on boards.ie (though not a retro gamer... yet) and I'd like to eliminate the possibility of the surprise being blown. Hence the pixellation.

If anyone is dying to know what it is (its not a rare game, but it'd have a niche interest) PM me and I'll happily tell you, but I'd like to keep it from being posted publicly on boards.ie, so if you want to turn it into a guessing game, PM me the guess and I'll make thread elsewhere in retrogaming to give credit to any sharp eyed Super Famicom collectors. No bigmouths blurting it out, please!

Unfortunately this leaves me with the job of finding either a region-freed SNES or a Super Famicom and a MegaDrive power supply before I can even test this thing in the mean time. Additionally I've reason to believe this cart has an internal battery (though possibly it doesn't: it doesn't have a full save game feature, just one unlock for completing on hard mode) so I'm going to try and get some gamebit screw drivers to open it up and inspect (Ordinarily I'd give a molten biro a go at this, but this is a present so time for using proper tools).

Also:
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think I speak for everyone when I say...

smile.gif

Did I mention I want to pick up Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka for the Saturn or is mind reading the new guy just the done thing here!?

(My previous posts in this thread:
    #1 - PAL Dreamcast console
    #2 - Chu Chu Rocket

And this one
    #3 - Jet Set Radio (PAL, Dreamcast) and Censored Super Famicom Game
    makes 3...)

I'm going to hunt down that camera of yours I think! I'd pop that sticker under the instruction mount anyways. Just for the hoot. :)

By the way, I learned something new yesterday about Atomiswave cabinets. They never officially had 2P CP's made for them. They were all 1P CP's with a memory card slot where the 2P population would reside.

Anything other than a 1P/Card combo CP is a custom CP. I don't know who manufactured them but it's based on the Egret design, hence the similar looks.

Your CP looks great though, the sleeves on both sticks look smashing. Is that you fully Seimitsu-ed up now? Sporting 2 56-01's? Or a 56-01 and a 58-01?

As for the Laserdisc, of course there is another SHMUP movie. Darius Gaiden. :D

There is also anime such as Macross etc. There is another one that is super rare VHS-only but I forget the title. It's an anime too. As for live action, I am not sure. Gunhed is definitely (albeit very loosely in terms of the film itself) part of the Gunhed/Blazing Lasers world so it does 'count'. :)

You can get it on VHS or DVD very easily and cheap too. But the Laserdisc is a superior transfer (even over the DVD to this day). It's also very rare, especially the widescreen edition (I'll be honest, when the person I spoke to was searching for it for me, I wasn't expecting them to come back with the widescreen print edition, let alone with the insert).

Am sure there are more live action SHMUP movies out there, I'll keep researching. :)

I'm going to hunt down that camera of yours I think!

I think it's all about the macro setting tbh. ;)
    By the way, I learned something new yesterday about Atomiswave cabinets. They never officially had 2P CP's made for them. They were all 1P CP's with a memory card slot where the 2P population would reside.

Anything other than a 1P/Card combo CP is a custom CP. I don't know who manufactured them but it's based on the Egret design, hence the similar looks.

Your CP looks great though, the sleeves on both sticks look smashing. Is that you fully Seimitsu-ed up now? Sporting 2 56-01's? Or a 56-01 and a 58-01?

Yep that's correct about the CP, lol was just talking to o1s1n about it the other day. I still have the original 1P below, the nice chap I bought the cab from had previously sourced the 2P and I presume got the artwork made up. The 1P is actually metal and relatively heavy compared to the hard plastic 2P one. Afaik, other than the 1P CP and artwork an AWSD = E3. I think some early E3's had a different monitor but that's about it.

Yes, all Seimitsu-ed up now except for the Start buttons, as mentioned elsewhere I cba taking them out as the ones in there at the minute are a tight fit, I'd have to remove the top part of the CP to get them out safely. Both sticks are 58-01 with the SS mounting plates. I would've gotten an orange 58-01 rather than pink but it wasn't available.

73awsdcpfront.jpg

49awsdcpback.jpg

On a different note, are there any alternative's to Imageshack for free picture hosting does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Not retro but Devil Survivor 2 for the DS arrived yesterday. Just have to get around to finishing the first one now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

On a different note, are there any alternative's to Imageshack for free picture hosting does anyone know?

http://imgur.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Picasa, Photobucket, Flickr, imgur or your own personal web hosting if you want full control.

Master of the Universe

I've been using photobucket for years and have had no problem with it up until recently.

Whenever you upload something now, an advert begins on the confirmation screen. What makes it especially annoying is there's sound to the ad. Always scares the crap out of me as I'd usually have music playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That was quick

2zxqza8.jpg

Starwing
    F-Zero
    Startrek: Starfleet Academy.

Yes the Star Trek one is an oddity, I had it years ago when it came out. Being a Trekkie I loved it, it's the granddaddy of all Star Trek Bridge Simulators. Not like the much maligned Star Trek TNG game, which was a tough as nails top downer. Apparently the game had more dev time on the Megadrive & is better on that format, so I'll pick that up at a later date.

Master of the Universe

So does this mean that Starwing and F-Zero are the two shockingly common games you never had? :p

That's Retr0 not owning a NES territory right there!

o1s1n wrote: »
    So does this mean that Starwing and F-Zero are the two shockingly common games you never had? :p

That's Retr0 not owning a NES territory right there!

Yep, I hold my hand up :o

It's nowhere near as bad as not having an NES though, that was shocking stuff...from the Nintendo mod no less

Today I received a new artbook for my rapidly expanding collection of SHMUP and Gundam art books.

This is Psikyo Illustrations. It's part of the Gamest Mook series. Not very text heavy, just packed with lovely art. :)

svw22.jpg
    gFGfw.jpg
    YRjDt.jpg
    1zRal.jpg
    ealKa.jpg
    d5tAD.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yep, I hold my hand up :o

It's nowhere near as bad as not having an NES though, that was shocking stuff...from the Nintendo mod no less

I rather not have the NES tbh. Waste of money. I can't bring myself to bother getting games. Far too much effort just to inflict 50Hz ****tiness on myself. I should be off to New York soon and making sure I get a NTSC NES over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I rather not have the NES tbh. Waste of money. I can't bring myself to bother getting games. Far too much effort just to inflict 50Hz ****tiness on myself. I should be off to New York soon and making sure I get a NTSC NES over there.

Sure I'll save you from inflicting anymore damage upon yourself by taking it off your hands. For a price of course. To you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Sure I'll save you from inflicting anymore damage upon yourself by taking it off your hands. For a price of course. To you.

A copy of radiant silvergun should cover it. Throw in some MVS games to cover postage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    A copy of radiant silvergun should cover it. Throw in some MVS games to cover postage as well.

Sounds like a fair deal. I could check the prices of them there stuff but you seem like the trusting type.

• Advertisement

That thing that's the most important thing ever in the history of things arrived this morning... :cool:

That thing that's the most important thing ever in the history of things arrived this morning... :cool:

A Gamesmaster Golden Joystick? Anything less will fail.

EnterNow wrote: »
    A Gamesmaster Golden Joystick? Anything less will fail.

Nope. It's not even gaming related. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anything less than Studio Ghibli museum tickets is unacceptable.

Intriguing...enlighten us

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It better be retro related :p

Its national Avatar change day

Steve SI wrote: »
    It better be retro related :p.

It actually is. Well, it's retro anyway. :D

It actually is. Well, it's retro anyway. :D

Well?

• Advertisement

Anything less than Studio Ghibli museum tickets is unacceptable.

Thanks for reminding me to book those and the Tokyo Disney passes! :)

As for the 'grail' that arrived. Shall post later. It'll mean nothing to ye, but means loads to me. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement