Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

keithgeo wrote: »
    I got Rayman Origins and Lumines for the PSVita today, cant stop playing wipeout on it though. I actually think the vita is a great hand held, its much better than the 3DS. the launch games on it so far are great.

I think its just you and me who feel like that Keith.
    Doesn't seem to be any vita love round these parts ;)

Wipeout is a load of fun on it to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Got these in the post via infideals this morning

photo3pr.jpg

I had all these issues as a kid, I even remember specific pieces of features, they're so burned into my memory from reading and re-reading them. Brillunt.

They smell like they've been in an attic for 20 years though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Roar wrote: »

I love that attic smell :o

• Registered Users Posts: 40 TralalaJr

Hi, I've a few bits for sale up on Adverts if anyone fancies having a look:

Playstation 2 PS2 Games (83) - http://www.adverts.ie/1419519
    Probotector for Sega Mega Drive - http://www.adverts.ie/1419491
    Sega Game Gear - http://www.adverts.ie/1419487
    N64 Games (18) http://www.adverts.ie/1419473
    Xbox Original games (50) - http://www.adverts.ie/1419531

All offers on the relevant ads of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,432 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

TralalaJr wrote: »
    Hi, I've a few bits for sale up on Adverts if anyone fancies having a look:

Playstation 2 PS2 Games (83) - http://www.adverts.ie/1419519
    Probotector for Sega Mega Drive - http://www.adverts.ie/1419491
    Sega Game Gear - http://www.adverts.ie/1419487
    N64 Games (18) http://www.adverts.ie/1419473
    Xbox Original games (50) - http://www.adverts.ie/1419531

All offers on the relevant ads of course.

You let that N64 lot go for a steal, Conkers Bad Fur day goes for a small fortune

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CONKERS-CONKERS-BAD-FUR-DAY-EX-COND-RARE-NOT-EVEN-PLAYED-THROUGH-ONCE-/120866798127?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1c2438fa2f

edit - tried to do a White Knight, save the OP from the circling vultures and for some reason it posted my comment three times.

Ah well, repetition for emphasis :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    You let that N64 lot go for a steal, Conkers Bad Fur day goes for a small fortune

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CONKERS-CONKERS-BAD-FUR-DAY-EX-COND-RARE-NOT-EVEN-PLAYED-THROUGH-ONCE-/120866798127?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1c2438fa2f

edit - tried to do a White Knight, save the OP from the circling vultures and for some reason it posted my comment three times.

Ah well, repetition for emphasis :D

Lol at the triple post on Adverts! Just making sure of the point. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha yeh b*ll*x i was trying to grab that and the gamegear for 60 haha

Master of the Universe

Hahaha sorry dude! I just felt like I was being a witness to daylight robbery :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

haha probably wouldnt have got it anyways im a few down, i was going to have a word if i got the gamegear haha.

Master of the Universe

That gamegear will 100% need a cap kit done to it. So unless your soldering skills are up to scratch, it wouldn't be worth your while to get anyway. Tempting as it is and all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

I was the one who offered €40 for the 3 boxed games, I was going to offer €100, but i thought that offering over the €40 was against the rules, turns out offering €40 for the 3 games is also against the rules.

Hopefully he pulls the ad and gets what it's worth

Master of the Universe

Offering €40 for three games would have been okay if the person before you didn't offer €40 for everything. (Turns it into a bidding war which isn't allowed)

How adverts works basically is that the first person who offers the asking price gets it.

The only rule you broke really was offering asking after someone else already did. Nothing else you did was wrong.

That's the danger of adverts. Once you put a price down on your ad, you can't have people offer over it. That lot was clearly worth at least €100 and if you bought it from it at that, it would have been very fair. But you couldn't offer that based on the rules.

Silly system really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

EnterNow wrote: »

Well well well. Look who's joined the sniffer club!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well well well. Look who's joined the sniffer club!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Wood

Offering €40 for three games would have been okay if the person before you didn't offer €40 for everything. (Turns it into a bidding war which isn't allowed)

How adverts works basically is that the first person who offers the asking price gets it.

The only rule you broke really was offering asking after someone else already did. Nothing else you did was wrong.

That's the danger of adverts. Once you put a price down on your ad, you can't have people offer over it. That lot was clearly worth at least €100 and if you bought it from it at that, it would have been very fair. But you couldn't offer that based on the rules.

Silly system really.

Just checked the amount of bids and times, there were none when i set up the account to offer that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I hope folks are not going mad for Clayfighter 63 1/3 there. It's not the rare one.

Silly system really.

Unless the seller gets a PM with a better offer again. Didn't someone here get stung recently when they went to buy something but the seller decided to go with a higher private offer. Adverts is the wild west of trading these days it seems. :rolleyes:

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Unless the seller gets a PM with a better offer again. Didn't someone here get stung recently when they went to buy something but the seller decided to go with a higher private offer. Adverts is the wild west of trading these days it seems. :rolleyes:

Yep!

So if you're honest about it you're stuck, but if you're dishonest you can offer over.

I rarely if ever buy anything there now. It's far too much trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

The big difficulty with Adverts is that having made a deal there is no penalty for either side should the break it. yes there is user reputation but its so rarely used its not worthwhile.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nervous Brickdown arrived today, an.excellent little game and completes the two.hander collection of Arkedo games, both on the DS, along with Big Bang Mini. Happy days, little triumphs.
    like that game , but the downside was playing the bits that relied on the mic while being on the bus to work..got some weird looks..;)

• Advertisement

More bits arriving from the UK today (part of yesterday's haul). More to come hopefully tomorrow or by the end of the week. :)

1. XBOX console. [PAL, CIB]
    Blame ondafly and Andrew76 for this. Looks in good nick. One controller, leads, instructions and tidy box. Now, what's the best way to mod one of these?
    Q0C9H.jpg

2. Dynasty Warriors Gundam [XBOX 360, PAL, CIB]
    Already have this game for the 360 along with Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2 and 3. But the copy I have is a promo. This completes the retail set.
    NG1p1.jpg

Pyongyang wrote: »
    [PAL, CIB]

:eek:

:eek:

Not sure if that's a piss take or some sort of OMGWTFLOLZ! (or if you mean, it's a PAL console and not NTSC-J :D) :pac:

Just like to have my consoles boxed if possible. Trust me though, didn't pay over the odds for it either. :)

(or if you mean, it's a PAL console and not NTSC-J :D) :pac:

Thats the one :D

(or if you mean, it's a PAL console and not NTSC-J :D) :pac:

Thats the one :D

its an XBOX. It doesn't count. :D

Now, if it was a Famicom or a Master System or similar... Its why I glitched my 360. Not fussed with either.

Need to mod it now. I have no PC to softmod it though...

its an XBOX. It doesn't count. :D

Yeah yeah....PAL lover :p:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, how do I go about altering an Xbox 360 so I can play Raiden Fighters or one of the other excellent Japan only shooters? How much would such a.package, machine + mod, cost?
    All this vert shooting is getting me addicted!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So, how do I go about altering an Xbox 360 so I can play Raiden Fighters or one of the other excellent Japan only shooters? How much would such a.package, machine + mod, cost?
    All this vert shooting is getting me addicted!

You know...when you've been Tango'd

tangod.jpg

€11 quid posted, for Aladdin GBA & Rush N' Attack NES has to be ok doesn't it?

• Advertisement

€11 quid posted, for Aladdin GBA & Rush N' Attack NES has to be ok doesn't it?

Just had a gawk at them on Youtube, Aladdin looks pretty impressive on GBA. Cool music to Rush N' Attack.

@Ciderman: TouchingVirus seems to be the main man for glitching 360s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement