Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

First world gamer problems number 367
    15657891.jpg

Nothing worse than having to finish a fighter repeatedly with characters you dont like till you can play with the one you want.
    Actually no, wait ..there is.

15657981.jpg
    WHYYY!?!!

sadly I may have picked the worst combination of two characters to play with.
    I dont know what was wrong with the old "finish with character X to get character y" method of 1 and 2.
    Still though , Tekken 5's bonus tekken arcade 1-3 and an unlockable rom of starblade included is nice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Few bits arrived this morning.

First up is some new Seimitsu buttons and a tube of lube for my sticks. :eek: :pac:
    I currently have Seimitsu sticks and Sanwa buttons but wanted to test out Seim buttons after having tried ondafly's. Decided to try screw-in rather than snap-in this time and probably won't bother changing the Start buttons as they're a fecker to get out.

sem01.jpg

Seimitsu Vs Sanwa:

sem02.jpg

This is my second Raiden PCB, was only €50 shipped from the States so couldn't pass up a chance to have a backup board.

Hard to tell from this angle but it has a little daughter board of sorts sitting on top bottom left, not sure what it's function is if anything:

raiden01.jpg

raiden01b.jpg

raiden02.jpg

Delighted with this chap too, Strikers 1945, got II the other week but want to give this a bash first.

strikers194501.jpg

strikers194502.jpg

strikers194503.jpg

Apologies for the reflections. :o

Actually need to get some more pcb feet and source some anti-static bubblewrap - bit expensive on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sera wrote: »
    This is what came this morning:
    Metroid + WarioWorld + Postage €17
    Suikoden + postage €29 + Trapt €7.50 for Retr0
    as I was typing I opened Trapt and found a free game :cool:

Whats that frog thingy?
    I want

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely pictures :)

Really interested in seing how you get on with the Seimitsu buttons after using Sanwa ones for so long. They really are a lot nicer for Shmup use.

You must have a crap load of buttons by now? You seem to have a bit of an addiction to swapping them in and out? :pac:

Boards look to be in lovely condition!

I want to get some anti static wrap too. A few boards I've bought came in anti static bags. Really would be great to have one for all of them. Let me know if you find a source!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I swear by Seimitsu. I changed out my CP from Sanwa to Seimitsu and absolutely love them. Good choice Andrew76, though I also bought new start buttons for my CP and swapped them out, no bother there. Maybe the Sammy is different? Mine are all snap in's except for the start buttons which are Seimitsu screw in's.

I'm on the lookout for pink bubble bags too. Need to get a good few for arcade PCB's and some components. Let me know if you lads find anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm also interested to see how you get on with those Seimitsu buttons.
    I've been meaning to order in a batch to test them out myself.

Whats the main difference between Sanwa and Seimitsu buttons anyway?
    The Sanwa's I have are silent and only need a feather touch to activate, are Seimitsu buttons clickers?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

[QUOTE=Dr Bob;7743477115657981.jpg
    WHYYY!?!![/QUOTE]

More like 'Tekken 4, why you so ****!'

Even as someone that hates Tekken, numbero 4 is a special kind of awful.

Not really noisy. I guess its more personal preference but for me, and for the games I play, Seimitsu ticks every box. I find the buttons more responsive and the build quality better.

I like Sanwa too but I find they rattle around a bit. Feels more like in tapping on Duplo bricks than a nice, responsive button that feels, well, like a button I guess.

As for sticks, well, you know where my loyalty is. Seimitsu LS-56. Nothing else comes close... Except the X-1 Pro HE or a Suzo 500 with custom shaft.

110% Seimitsu for me. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    More like 'Tekken 4, why you so ****!'

Even as someone that hates Tekken, numbero 4 is a special kind of awful.
    Its not great
    The fact that I have to faff around for an age to play with the one actually available character I like does not help its case
    Five is actually pretty decent though (and like most of the Namco Tekken discs It comes with a shedload of included extras)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Whats that frog thingy?
    I want
    it's a Naruto frog purse, I've two if I find the other you can have it if you want? Retr0 gave me that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sera wrote: »
    it's a Naruto frog purse, I've two if I find the other you can have it if you want? Retr0 gave me that one

Hmmmm a purse...........but an awesome frog......
    I need judgements people!!!

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Not really noisy. I guess its more personal preference but for me, and for the games I play, Seimitsu ticks every box. I find the buttons more responsive and the build quality better.

I like Sanwa too but I find they rattle around a bit. Feels more like in tapping on Duplo bricks than a nice, responsive button that feels, well, like a button I guess.

As for sticks, well, you know where my loyalty is. Seimitsu LS-56. Nothing else comes close... Except the X-1 Pro HE or a Suzo 500 with custom shaft.

110% Seimitsu for me. :)

Feck it, I'll order in a batch of them and test them out.

Also, will LS-56 sticks fit in my panel without issue. I remember you had some issues with them, or was that another type.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really need to do something about the buttons on the iCade.
    They are heavy to push, also very noisy as in a heavy click, they're wearing to use and the racket distracting from the games.
    I wonder if there is a way to get the appropriate buttons and make it all, well, better?

edit: found a "how to" guide just now, linky dink, just how easy is this mod? Given that I have big, dumb ass clumsy fingers...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I really need to do something about the buttons on the iCade.
    They are heavy to push, also very noisy as in a heavy click, they're wearing to use and the racket distracting from the games.
    I wonder if there is a way to get the appropriate buttons and make it all, well, better?

edit: found a "how to" guide just now, linky dink, just how easy is this mod? Given that I have big, dumb ass clumsy fingers...

I took mine apart a while back.

http://www.retrovia.ie/showthread.php/6177-What-s-inside-an-Ion-iCade

Steve SI wrote: »
    Feck it, I'll order in a batch of them and test them out.

Also, will LS-56 sticks fit in my panel without issue. I remember you had some issues with them, or was that another type.

Good man! :)

It depends what type of CP you have. Take a snap of the under side of your CP and I'll let you know.

Deleted a post of mine as I was talking crap about the sticks! :pac:

Steve will need one with an SS mounting plate rather than the flat that you needed. Think he'll need the LS-58-01 same as the ones I got in, SS mounting plate and 5-pin connector.

Today was a bit of a marathon haul. I received:

1. Bang & Olufsen MX4000 CRT w/ Beolink Remote & Stand.
    Took a knock in transit from the UK, but it's only warped it a tiny bit. TV turns on fine. The remote control is an actual piece of pure art. Unbelievable. Nowhere to put this TV though! :D
    X7gpJ.jpg

BJm6E.jpg

2. Godzilla Save The World, Akira Psycho Ball, Activision Anthology [PS2, PAL, CIB] and Macross Plus: The Movie [DVD, R2]
    Top games. I LOVE anything Gojira and Macross is an all time favourite of mine.
    SiAuI.jpg

3. Panzer Dragoon Orta, Metal Slug 3 [XBOX, PAL, CIB] and Silpheed, Alien Homindid [PS2, PAL, CIB]
    Someone else got Orta recently, felt I had to track it down! Need these PS2 shooters to add to my PS2 SHMUP/Run & Gun collection.
    Js1is.jpg

4. Senko No Ronde [XBOX 360, PAL, CIB], Shooting Love Trizeal [PS2, NTSC-J, CIB], Hokuto No Ken Pachislot [PS2, NTSC-J, BNIB, SG-OCD] and Taito Legends Power Up [PSP, PAL, CIB]
    Apparently an AWESOME Pachi game, so had to get it. Even though I bought it thinking it was the beat em up! Trizeal speaks for itself. So does War Tech. Taito Legends is a must have. Kikikaikai is on it!
    dPiOp.jpg

5. R-Type Tactics: Special Edition [PSP, PAL, CIB]
    Unusual title, but chuffed it came complete with the art cards that detail the entire history of the R-Type series with art for each game. SHMUP smut indeed!
    2v27R.jpg

I forgot to add I got these today too (both CIB)! They complete the set now of volumes 1, 2 and 3. I have Vol. 1 on XBOX too.

I also got Metal Slug 4 today too. No photo of that though as I left it in my office at work. :(

NwQxB.jpg

Some haul of stuff you got today, very nice. No space for the tv eh? I suppose if you asked really nicely there might be some folk round here that could help you out with that. :P

Get yourself a proper RGB SCART cable for your modded 360, hook it up to that TV and bask in tated Ketsui scanline glory. :cool:

Oddly, I have been playing Ketsui in 480p via the SLG on my LCD! I'm actually salivating at the prospect of putting the B&O in Yoko/Tate and slapping a bit of DoDonpachi for the Saturn on there.

I'll give it a proper colour test tomorrow and also find somewhere to put it in the cave!

The haul was pretty grande, but it's actually not all of it. Some stuff should be here tomorrow though hopefully. One item I will be flabbergasted if it actually arrives, the other stuff is more shmuppy love.

There is one non-gaming item I am due to receive soon that's probably going to be my favourite item in my entire collection. More than my Astro, more than my Darius Laserdisc, more than my glitched 360, more than booking tickets to Japan, more than a Darius tote bag and yes, even more than beating ondafly at Ketsui.

...and it's not even gaming related*. :)

* no, I'm not going to be a dad before anyone starts guessing!

• Advertisement

Oddly, I have been playing Ketsui in 480p via the SLG on my LCD! I'm actually salivating at the prospect of putting the B&O in Yoko/Tate and slapping a bit of DoDonpachi for the Saturn on there.

I'll give it a proper colour test tomorrow and also find somewhere to put it in the cave!

The haul was pretty grande, but it's actually not all of it. Some stuff should be here tomorrow though hopefully. One item I will be flabbergasted if it actually arrives, the other stuff is more shmuppy love.

There is one non-gaming item I am due to receive soon that's probably going to be my favourite item in my entire collection. More than my Astro, more than my Darius Laserdisc, more than my glitched 360, more than booking tickets to Japan, more than a Darius tote bag and yes, even more than beating ondafly at Ketsui.

...and it's not even gaming related*. :)

* no, I'm not going to be a dad before anyone starts guessing!

ondafly beating your score?? :pac:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    ondafly beating your score?? :pac:

I was building to that and you killed the gag!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was pondering the Shmup list from elsewhere in the forum, realised that Ibara is outside my price range right now, and saw Dragon Blaze, a quick google later found that, as a Psikyo double pack it was very expensive, happily it was also released in the Pal territories in a budget range so I'm getting my copy, from France, for 14.50 or so, posted. Happy days!
    Also "procured" Battle Garegga and now, in am entirely unrelated matter, have to buy a cake of CDrs, now my burner is all better.

Remember kids, piracy is wrong!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

slapping a bit of DoDonpachi for the Saturn on there.

She's better on the PS1, one of those weird exceptions.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    slapping a bit of DoDonpachi for the Saturn on there.

She's better on the PS1, one of those weird exceptions.

True. Not by much though. There's some price gap between them too. Same with Darius Gaiden, the PS1 version is super expensive, the Saturn version is not.

Except in this instance the Saturn version is better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Speaking of DoDonPachi, its coming to windows phone, dunno if anyone cares but thought it might be of some interest here
    “DODONPACHI” (CAVE) – An original shooter by Arcade veteran CAVE is arriving for Windows Phone. Can you handle EVAC Industries’ Maximum Bullet Simulator.

Minecraft is also coming out on XBLA.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Speaking of DoDonPachi, its coming to windows phone, dunno if anyone cares but thought it might be of some interest here.

Yep. Buying it tomorrow. Though going to periodically check Windows Marketplace throughout today in case it pops up early.

It's properly integrated in to XBOX Live too. Can't wait. It looks brilliant.

@Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale: A fine purchase! Ibara can be bought for a reasonable price when the right one comes along. Took ages to get my copy for a sensible price. You could always go the way of ondafly and buy the Ibara PCB? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Saturn SCART cable finally arrived, hopefully this will clean up the picture a bit.

Nervous Brickdown arrived today, an.excellent little game and completes the two.hander collection of Arkedo games, both on the DS, along with Big Bang Mini. Happy days, little triumphs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got Rayman Origins and Lumines for the PSVita today, cant stop playing wipeout on it though. I actually think the vita is a great hand held, its much better than the 3DS. the launch games on it so far are great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement