Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul McCartney Conspiracy Theory

Options
  • 27-10-2009 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Dunno how popular this conspiracy theory is, but here goes...

Paul McCartney supposedly died in a car accident in 1966, and the remaining Beatles, particularly John Lennon, plus the band's management, felt it was best to hide this from their millions of adoring fans. They replaced the original Paul McCartney with an imposter: Billy Campbell, the winner of a McCartney look-alike competition, and paid off any policemen, paramedics, etc., that had witnessed the wrecked car and/or McCartney's dead body.

Opinions?

PS: I don't actually buy into this conspiracy theory, I just find it very interesting. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Paul McCartney supposedly died in a car accident in 1966, and the remaining Beatles, particularly John Lennon, plus the band's management, felt it was best to hide this from their millions of adoring fans. They replaced the original Paul McCartney with an imposter: Billy Campbell, the winner of a McCartney look-alike competition, and paid off any policemen, paramedics, etc., that had witnessed the wrecked car and/or McCartney's dead body.

Opinions?

PS: I don't actually buy into this conspiracy theory, I just find it very interesting. :D

Well consider the fact that the entire thing is based on interpretations of various lyrics and album art throughout the Beatles catalogue.

Then also consider that Charles Manson believed that they were talking about an upcoming race war based on interpretations of various lyrics and album art throughout the Beatles catalogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

And on the front cover of Abbey Road Paul is the only one walking barefoot across the zebra crossing , which supposedly is an old Hindu sign that somebody has died .

But then everybody was into mysticism back then . :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 EXODUS251022

Latchy wrote: »
    And on the front cover of Abbey Road Paul is the only one walking barefoot across the zebra crossing , which supposedly is an old Hindu sign that somebody has died .

But then everybody was into mysticism back then . :pac:

paul mc cartney is still into hindu mysticism to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Paul McCartney supposedly died in a car accident in 1966, and the remaining Beatles, particularly John Lennon, plus the band's management, felt it was best to hide this from their millions of adoring fans.

...so they went and dropped loads of hints, so that any adoring fan who was paying attention could rat them out...

Why would they do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭PretentiousApe

Story goes that Lennon felt that the truly dedicated Beatles fans deserved to know about the original Paul's death, so he placed clues in the songs. If you look at the lyrics, there's some pretty interesting theories as to what they mean. All of Lennon's mad metaphors and ****, they don't really seem to mean anything...

The cover for Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band holds loads of clues, apparently: Paul is the only Beatle facing the camera straight on, seemingly being "propped up" by George and Ringo, Paul is the only Beatle holding a black instrument, Paul is the only Beatle with a hand above his head, etc., it's really interesting stuff. Whether it's all bull**** or not, who knows...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

APPARENTLY John Lennon is actually dead.

Epic fail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Damn I love the beatles
    This is a great theory, anymore info?

Opinions?

Was he also a winner of an amazing musicianship competition
    Not only looking like but sounding and playing exactly like Paul......
    Although it would explain Mull Of Kintyre

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why have none of the original Paul McCartneys family come forward to confirm this? After all, their relation is dead and has been replaced by a lookalike who they now have to pretend is really their relative. Would they really agree to have him replaced like this and pretend nothing happened?

Why have none of the new Paul McCartneys family come forward to confirm this? After all, their relation in now one of the Beatles and they have to pretend that their relative died or disappeared. I know most fans may not have been able to tell the difference, but family members could. Would they really agree to have him replace Macca and dupe millions and millions of fans?

Not to mention that if the real Paul McCartney died, sales of the records would have skyrocketed. And then they could replace him with anyone and make more records.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

This is the funniest thing ever. Not just funniest thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Wasn't there some childrens song, when played backwards it supposedly said 'we have the real Paul McCartney'?

EDIT: Found this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6qTSplv4IQ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I kinda hope it is true. I don't like to think the man who wrote Eleanor Rigby went on to write Ebony and Ivory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Who's the ****ing idiot that listens to Beatles backwards and posts the results up on youtube. I mean its fun and all when you first find out how to reverse songs in sound recorder, but to listen to them all looking for "clues"....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

**** this.
    I just paid 90 quid to see some guy called Billy Campbell play the O2 in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

DigiGal wrote: »
    Was he also a winner of an amazing musicianship competition
    Not only looking like but sounding and playing exactly like Paul......
    Although it would explain Mull Of Kintyre

IMO, it would explain everything that McCartney has produced since the Beatles, most over-rated musician in the world!

However, as much as I'd like to believe this I have to say that Paul's monetary legacy during the Beatle's days would have meant that relatives would have been fighting like cats and dogs to get hold of the cash, I don't think that the closest relatives would have been happy with a few hundred thousands out of the potential millions they would have gotten...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Glassheart

r3nu4l wrote: »
    IMO, it would explain everything that McCartney has produced since the Beatles, most over-rated musician in the world!

Of course it doesn't explain his 1967-70 contributions to the Beatles.Unless Billy Campbell was a genius pop songwriter himself...
    Hey Jude,Let it Be,Blackbird,Penny Lane etc

Again, I don't believe in this conspiracy theory, I just think it's really interesting. You have to be able to filter through the "evidence", though, and only really consider the realistic theories ("realistic" used very loosely, there).

And it's possible that his family would've been cut in on a percentage of the band's earnings, and possibly all of McCartney's royalties from songs recorded/written before his "death", not to mention his estate. That's quite an incentive to keep your mouth shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Glassheart wrote: »
    Of course it doesn't explain his 1967-70 contributions to the Beatles.Unless Billy Campbell was a genius pop songwriter himself...

Well if we continue the 'conspiracy' a bit further, perhaps all of those songs had been written before Paul 'died' and were only reworked and released afterwards :D This is why the songwriting abilities of McCartney post-Beatles is so pale in comparison to McCartney during the Beatles :D

Can't believe I'm entertaining this, I'm actually sounding like a conspiracy theorist, I mean, 'truth-seeker' now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wexford Blue

Pretentious Ape - I love this conspiracy theory, even if it's only a bit of a laugh. There's a great book on it - Turn Me On, Dead Man: The Beatles and the "Paul Is Dead" Hoax - I got it from Amazon.

After reading it my own opinion is that there's no doubt The Beatles planted clues to suggest Paul was dead.. there's just too many for it to be a coincidence - dozens of them from album covers, inner sleeve art, lyrics, backward lyrics etc etc. I think they were just entertaining themselves though, trying to be clever and see would anyone get all the clues.

It's a good yarn all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Either way, the person who is credited with those songs saw a dramatic downturn in quality. It could just as easily be explained as a) they got some genius songwriter to replace him, and years later he turned rubbish, as b) the real Paul McCartney turned rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Wexford Blue

Tom Dunne is having a séance for Paul McCartney this morning on Newstalk.. That should sort it out for once and for all.. ;) - Oops, edit - it was on yesterday apparently.. not really listening properly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

The story goes that on the front cover of the abbey road album, John is dressed all in white to represent the minister performing the funeral. Ringo is dressed as an undertaker. Paul is dressed as the corpse heading six feet under in his bare feet with the cigarette in his right hand pointing towards the ground, and George is dressed as a grave digger. Also the Volkswagen Beetle in the background has a numberplate containing the letters "28IF" refering to the age Paul would have been at the time of the albums release "if" he hadnt died.

Got to be honest tho, this conspiracy theory is complete bull. Paul McCartney is very much alive and well. Although if he isnt, the poor lookalike got screwed over with Paul's divorce!!

Thing with the beatles is that they were constantly being asked by journalists and reporters if there were any hidding meanings within their lyrics. John Lennon kept telling them that the lyrics are what they are and that they shouldnt keep trying to decypher them because half of the songs they wrote in a few minuites without thinking about what they were writing down. Take a song like "I wanna hold your hand". How could there be any hidden meaning in that?? It got to a point that John got so fed up with this that after he wrote "I am the Walrus" he said to one of his manangement team that he deliberatly wrote down the most off the wall lyrics he could think of and then said something along the lines of "lets see them pick the bones out of that one". They seemed to love to lead people down the garden path, and I think that is precisly what happened with this conspiricy theory. They were telling people it wasnt true that Paul died yet they were contradicting themselves with a cover like Abbey Road. They knew exactly what they were doing and they seemed to love being mischivous. Best band ever in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Why have none of the original Paul McCartneys family come forward to confirm this? After all, their relation is dead and has been replaced by a lookalike who they now have to pretend is really their relative. Would they really agree to have him replaced like this and pretend nothing happened?

Why have none of the new Paul McCartneys family come forward to confirm this? After all, their relation in now one of the Beatles and they have to pretend that their relative died or disappeared. I know most fans may not have been able to tell the difference, but family members could. Would they really agree to have him replace Macca and dupe millions and millions of fans?

Not to mention that if the real Paul McCartney died, sales of the records would have skyrocketed. And then they could replace him with anyone and make more records.

And why didn't Heather Mills use this in the Divorce?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

And why didn't Heather Mills use this in the Divorce?

She would have her head on a plate like the rest of the beatles.;) She took money instead. Your life is on the line at every given moment. As she said herself, she was watched and bullied by all of Pauls agents. She said she had to get out to protect her life and her daughter. It would be no benifet for her to tell the world that Paul is a replacement. I agree with that myself. Infact I don't want disclousure on this. It's wake up time for the world. It's time for people to get out there and find the truth they seek. "The demon you know is never going to reveal hes the devil"

Your dealing with the most powerful people on the planet. The replacement of Paul is a big industry. You also have to remember that the music industry is a satanic system.

Look at history. Many people have been assinatted murdered to this day. Actually they are dis info agents on many sites making C.Ts out of this actual stunt. To make it more unreal and ridicolous. I believe the reverse videos programs and others stunts were created by dis info agents to make this C.T more falluble.

But the people who laugh and think they know it all, better stop and look around who's running the show! I have came accross this theory a year ago by a friend. He was no ordinary guy as I found out. We did some tests and what not. He asked me because he felt I am an "eggman". I will admit even I didn't know what this meant. I actually assumed he was taking the piss with me. After several email exchanges. We spoke of very revealing things.

It is someone who is the violet flame. This means your higher chakra is opened at the top of your head. You are connected to your higher self. Violet represents the last colour of the light spectrum. You have seven energy points in the body. We only use the lower first 3 and this is how the illuminati control the world as we know it. Survival, phyiscal, desires, food, etc. The media, divide, food, brainwashing, money system a la etc. All there to keep us dense and not all seeing as we are supposed to be.

John Lennon was an eggman too. I was contacted because a few people were really interested in my works. The work I do, was said to be that of an eggman.. John Lennon called himself on his songs.

Since that, I literally had an electric shock. For me I thought I was well aware of the manipulation and deception that plays on in the world. But snce I've done some research and test's on this. Everything made sense.

Actually John blew it in everyones face to show clues. But he was risking his life everytime. The reason he didn't say it publically was like on this thread look at the reaction.... Everyone laughs.

Cranberry sauce? Let's take it apart. When the journalists ask's John about Pauls crash and whether not he was replaced. John replies. (which is a genius reply) Cranbery sauce. Everytime he was asked he would say something sublimal and deny his death at the same time. In other words, you will know if you woke up to the sublimal world you don't see. But as he didn't want his life to go down if he told the truth. I respect him for that. I too have this feeling. I don't feel any duty to prove or force people to see the truth. Your the only one who can do this. It became apparent the Paul replacement was growing more antoganising to the composure he wanted him out.

It's not funny when you get shot you know.

There is a world going on out there that most are not aware of, and laughing isn't going to help you see whats going on.

I'm not going into this theory. Because people will believe what they want and demand some ridicoulous form of proof where Paul Mccartney or Obama makes a statement that this is infact all true. But I will say this, watch some interviews of Paul (post 66) You might just be surprised.

P.S I will post an image of the eggman in the next post. Also have a listen to humpty dumpty I thought this song plays a lot of symbolism. of a man replaced to the world, but in reallity with all the power you have (the kings men and kings horses) (illuminati) cannot make him back together again :D

mysterious wrote: »
    She would have her head on a plate like the rest of the beatles.;) She took money instead. Your life is on the line at every given moment. As she said herself, she was watched and bullied by all of Pauls agents. She said she had to get out to protect her life and her daughter. It would be no benifet for her to tell the world that Paul is a replacement. I agree with that myself. Infact I don't want disclousure on this. It's wake up time for the world. It's time for people to get out there and find the truth they seek. "The demon you know is never going to reveal hes the devil"

Your dealing with the most powerful people on the planet. The replacement of Paul is a big industry. You also have to remember that the music industry is a satanic system.

Look at history. Many people have been assinatted murdered to this day. Actually they are dis info agents on many sites making C.Ts out of this actual stunt. To make it more unreal and ridicolous. I believe the reverse videos programs and others stunts were created by dis info agents to make this C.T more falluble.

But the people who laugh and think they know it all, better stop and look around who's running the show! I have came accross this theory a year ago by a friend. He was no ordinary guy as I found out. We did some tests and what not. He asked me because he felt I am an "eggman". I will admit even I didn't know what this meant. I actually assumed he was taking the piss with me. After several email exchanges. We spoke of very revealing things.

It is someone who is the violet flame. This means your higher chakra is opened at the top of your head. You are connected to your higher self. Violet represents the last colour of the light spectrum. You have seven energy points in the body. We only use the lower first 3 and this is how the illuminati control the world as we know it. Survival, phyiscal, desires, food, etc. The media, divide, food, brainwashing, money system a la etc. All there to keep us dense and not all seeing as we are supposed to be.

John Lennon was an eggman too. I was contacted because a few people were really interested in my works. The work I do, was said to be that of an eggman.. John Lennon called himself on his songs.

Since that, I literally had an electric shock. For me I thought I was well aware of the manipulation and deception that plays on in the world. But snce I've done some research and test's on this. Everything made sense.

Actually John blew it in everyones face to show clues. But he was risking his life everytime. The reason he didn't say it publically was like on this thread look at the reaction.... Everyone laughs.

Cranberry sauce? Let's take it apart. When the journalists ask's John about Pauls crash and whether not he was replaced. John replies. (which is a genius reply) Cranbery sauce. Everytime he was asked he would say something sublimal and deny his death at the same time. In other words, you will know if you woke up to the sublimal world you don't see. But as he didn't want his life to go down if he told the truth. I respect him for that. I too have this feeling. I don't feel any duty to prove or force people to see the truth. Your the only one who can do this. It became apparent the Paul replacement was growing more antoganising to the composure he wanted him out.

It's not funny when you get shot you know.

There is a world going on out there that most are not aware of, and laughing isn't going to help you see whats going on.

I'm not going into this theory. Because people will believe what they want and demand some ridicoulous form of proof where Paul Mccartney or Obama makes a statement that this is infact all true. But I will say this, watch some interviews of Paul (post 66) You might just be surprised.

P.S I will post an image of the eggman in the next post. Also have a listen to humpty dumpty I thought this song plays a lot of symbolism. of a man replaced to the world, but in reallity with all the power you have (the kings men and kings horses) (illuminati) cannot make him back together again :D
    I have a big problem with you saying the music industry is satanic being a person who works in the music industry as well as my family and friends all being heavily involved.
    We are also certainly not the most powerful people on the planet.
    Please be careful what you imply in the future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

**** this.
    I just paid 90 quid to see some guy called Billy Campbell play the O2 in December?

Laughed at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭Black Uhlan

Mysterious,

Any chance of that eggman picture before I fall asleep? For what its worth I think your barking up the wrong tree with this one. Who benefits? The record company and the Beatles themselves. Think how many records they sold purely from punters looking for hidden messages and meanings. Its either bollix, or a hoax, or a rumour given life by the beatles themselves through their creativity and imagination. Even just one example is that Paul wasn't 28 when Abbey Road was realeased, he was 27.

More chance Lennon was the cause of Stuart Sutcliffes head trauma that killed him to be honest.

Mysterious,

Any chance of that eggman picture before I fall asleep? For what its worth I think your barking up the wrong tree with this one. Who benefits? The record company and the Beatles themselves. Think how many records they sold purely from punters looking for hidden messages and meanings. Its either bollix, or a hoax, or a rumour given life by the beatles themselves through their creativity and imagination. Even just one example is that Paul wasn't 28 when Abbey Road was realeased, he was 27.

More chance Lennon was the cause of Stuart Sutcliffes head trauma that killed him to be honest.

Someone paints a picture, to show you something, as unreal as it may look

It's up to you whether you accept the picture was given, or you deny it.

I'm not barking up any tree! I've done my homework. I'm happy with facing reality in all it's forms. We live on a world we don't really understand.

• Advertisement

DigiGal wrote: »
    I have a big problem with you saying the music industry is satanic being a person who works in the music industry as well as my family and friends all being heavily involved.
    We are also certainly not the most powerful people on the planet.
    Please be careful what you imply in the future

The music industry is satanic. There is nothing wrong with saying that. The word satanic is not offensive or means evil as most people blindly assume. If you take offense to that, then you obviously do not understand who and what runs the music industry.

Top artists today are all sucked into it. Lady gaga, Britney, Michael Jackson, Beyonce, Maddona, Boyzone, U2, Leona Lewis etc. This does not mean they, you or I are satanic.

We are just unaware of whos running the show. The truth hutst I know. But I'm not responsible for that.

Advertisement