Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do certain type of people, drive certain type of car?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Why would you buy a transit when you can afford the likes of a range rover as a commercial vechical!... It can tow way more, go off road, abit of comfort etc.... "its just a good van"... Like the range rover is your work vechical!,, who gives a **** about it... its only a car...

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Why would you buy a transit when you can afford the likes of a range rover as a commercial vechical!... It can tow way more, go off road, abit of comfort etc.... "its just a good van"... Like the range rover is your work vechical!,, who gives a **** about it... its only a car...

:confused:

If you are trying to say a RR makes a better van than a transit then you are an idiot. They would not have a fraction of the load space or versatility of a transit. I doubt you'd fit any pallets in a Range Rover commercial and even if you do i wouldnt like to be trying to get them out again without damaging the tailgate. Jeeps make useless vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

samsemtex wrote: »
    If you are trying to say a RR makes a better van than a transit then you are an idiot.
    Banned for a week for personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Asian doctors working in Ireland usually drive a Japanese import (something like a 00 Corolla or Nissan Bluebird or a Toyota Premio).
    Farmers drive Avensis, ok but only the saloon.
    What type of people drive the hatchback? English or someone returning home with no taste in cars, only getting from a to b. Go to any toyota dealer or independent dealer and you'll find a lot of UK reg 08/09 nearly new hatchbacks.......
    oh, and what type of people drive Nissan Figaros?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The Express

Short wheelbase transit, chrome towbar, orange lights on top, padre pio sticker on the windscreen, dog in the back, another one on the passenger seat.

any takers? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

G Luxel wrote: »
    and what type of people drive Nissan Figaros?

Lucy Kennedy! Mmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Short wheelbase transit, chrome towbar, orange lights on top, padre pio sticker on the windscreen, dog in the back, another one on the passenger seat.

any takers? :D

Carpet or Tarmac salesmen. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Muckie wrote: »
    Carpet or Tarmac salesmen. :D

Don't forget the copper merchant:D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭blueband

I drive too fast, am ignornant and always in the overtaking lane. I "supposedly" never use my indicators.

What do I drive?

Beemer 3 series. Probably a debaged 318 or 320 with an M sport badge and body kit? :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Micras are common amongst hoop earring wearing tracksuit aficionados seem common in parts of Dublin:)

Whats with all the audi hate-we're not all ignorant pricks?

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭oxegen85

whats the stereotype for Lancer drivers??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

oxegen85 wrote: »
    whats the stereotype for Lancer drivers??

Oh don't forget the lexus lights on them too..... Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭inlimboland

Passat drivers - courteous, responsible, friendly and safe.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

where on earth did you get that impression :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

They're like the poor... they'll always be with us... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Muckie wrote: »
    sporty mini

Sir, you're mistaken surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Stingey people drive Skoda's.

and bang on about them on boards ad nauseum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭kyote00

According to mywheels.ie, the transit is the best seller in biffo country in 2009 :D

http://www.mywheels.ie/VehicleStatistics.aspx
    Click on Offaly !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I have an Audi A3 140 bhp tdi and may swop for a new Golf GTD.

Who am I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Squidgie

someone with too much time on their hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭richiepoorman

People who drive new plate cars, that have the name of the car ,ie VW displayed on the back of the car (always on tinted glass) in foot high letters. I have seen one recently that said " Sporty Golf " on a 1.4 boggo standard golf, this car even had cheap trims rather than alloys, please!!!!! = Travellers
    Also any Segment B car that is saloon form (Focus,Astra,Megane...etc ) these are all hideous, generally driven by clueless boggers.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Squidgie wrote: »
    someone with too much time on their hands

Ha ha but wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

I get a sneaky feeling a Passat driver has found the motors forum :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

**** drive jeeps without tow-bars

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

TJJP wrote: »
    Muckie wrote:
    Sporty Mini
    Sir, you're mistaken surely?

Ain't seen my MINI then, have you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Shires

People who drive new plate cars, that have the name of the car ,ie VW displayed on the back of the car (always on tinted glass) in foot high letters

Reminds me of the NO POWER WITHOUT SMOKE banner I saw once, on a tee-diddily-eye something or other sh1tbox, with 20" inch wheels rubbing in the arches as it crept by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ...stephen...

samsemtex wrote: »
    :confused:

If you are trying to say a RR makes a better van than a transit then you are an idiot. They would not have a fraction of the load space or versatility of a transit. I doubt you'd fit any pallets in a Range Rover commercial and even if you do i wouldnt like to be trying to get them out again without damaging the tailgate. Jeeps make useless vans.

Look im not saying vans are bad! i know transporters good van comfortable etc... But really if you have made money whats the point in buying a van when you can just get a jeep....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Look im not saying vans are bad! i know transporters good van comfortable etc... But really if you have made money whats the point in buying a van when you can just get a jeep....

Don't you get it?
    Jeeps cannot do the same job that vans can.
    It's nothing to do with being able to afford one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

SV wrote: »
    Don't you get it?
    Jeeps cannot do the same job that vans can.
    It's nothing to do with being able to afford one.

SV, don't be getting upset. The attitide stephen is showing is exactly the kind of thing that got everyone in debt up to thier ears. You are being drawn in to an endless argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

pcardin wrote: »
    What kind of people are driving those freakin' expensive Q7, Cayenne, ML, Range Rover Sport etc off-roaders with no back windows and usually in black colour?!

Well the cheap road tax, no VRT and being able to park in loading bays does it for me and the fact that most people think it's worth twice what it is, lovely to drive and.......... I could go on and on, it's just great really.:)

Advertisement