Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Do certain type of people, drive certain type of car?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭mikkael

Marlow wrote: »
    I used to own a Volvo C70 Convertible, had a dog at the time and actually drove the fecking thing often enough up dirt-tracks in the hills. Not for the sake of nature, but that's another story.

To give you the picture:
    thumb_img_0043.jpg

The gear is a 250W windmill and some wireless gear :)

Or crazy americans in a rental.

/M

Now that's really confused me ... a C70 convertible lol! I was thinking of the big old boxy 200 / 700 estates, or crap like I have ( 400 series ) :)

PS: Sadly don't have the dog anymore. Have 2 cats. Wish I had dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

mikkael wrote: »
    Now that's really confused me ... a C70 convertible lol! I was thinking of the big old boxy 200 / 700 estates, or crap like I have ( 400 series ) :)

PS: Sadly don't have the dog anymore. Have 2 cats. Wish I had dog.

Sure. It's neither the typical car, that would fit the profile, nor would a nature loving Volvo driver stick up amateur windmills and wireless gear up in the middle of the scenery.

The whole point of my response and why I had to laugh. But if you don't read between the lines, it actually hit the spot :)

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

RoverJames wrote: »
    Since the start of the year I've had a 1997 Rover 400 diesel, a 1993 Prelude, a 1992 Merc 250 diesel and now have a 1997 Rover Tomcat (Coupe with T bar roof). I quite fancy a Range Rover (old one if you hadn't gathered) or a 200sx next. I have also had a Celica and a Rover 600 over the last couple of years.

Like anything else gereralisations are just tad, I reckon Mini, TT, etc are all either ladies or poofs cars (along with modern beetles). Again that's a narrow minded gereralisation on my part.

That could be phrased better. Is that how you generally prefer to this "certain type":confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

Muckie wrote: »
    drivers seem to be female in the mid-twenties and wear large sunglasses
    usually on-top of the head(style thing i guess:rolleyes:).
    Those feckin' glasses cost more than my last car! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Older Audi = unemployed, but pretends to be a professional photographer / web designer

:D

• Advertisement

Older Audi = unemployed, but pretends to be a professional photographer / web designer

Hyundai Santa Fe = Wedding photographer or Soccer mummy.

/M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Opel Astra/Vectra= GAA player/supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

sexy girls drive the mini , that or overly camp gay dudes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

In England 'the Volvo crowd' tend to be either the old upper middle class or even upper class. They almost exclusively drive Volvo estates that are at least 15 years old and have a tow bar attached.

These are the type of people who still have their communion money and think that the roads belong to them, not the commoners! Hence, they tend to avoid using indicators as over-use might mean having to spend money on a new bulb. :eek: They also have a tendency to stick rigidly to a set speed (usually around 50 mph), regardless of what lane they are in on a motorway and then maintain this speed in 30mph zones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I drive too fast, am ignornant and always in the overtaking lane. I "supposedly" never use my indicators.

What do I drive?

• Advertisement

I drive too fast, am ignornant and always in the overtaking lane. I "supposedly" never use my indicators.

What do I drive?

A tractor ? :D

/M

What do I drive?

What country do you live in? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Marlow wrote: »
    Hyundai Santa Fe = Wedding photographer or Soccer mummy.

/M

My wedding photographer drove a Santa Fe! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

Barr wrote: »
    sexy girls drive the mini , ................

It's more of a 50:50 mix of sexy girls and middle aged women that think they're sexy.

I am a dickhead - what car do I drive?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

What do I drive?
    Pasaat, Mondeo, A4, or 3er in decreasing order of probability.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    What country do you live in? ;)

Ireland...

Ireland...
    Ah, well then 'the Volvo crowd' rules don't apply to you. It's for English people only. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Dickheads driving... could be anyone, but I'd go for anyone driving an 1.6 or TDI A4 and thinks it's an R8.

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Ah, well then 'the Volvo crowd' rules don't apply to you. It's for English people only. :)

I'll just give driving my Beemer so....

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaybee747

What do I drive?

Was going to say a Taxi, your beemer a Taxi by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Stingey people drive Skoda's.

Its more like clever people drive Skodas. Its a VW for a few grand less.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned Range Rovers yet - they tend to be driven slowly and parked on footpaths/double yellow lines by blonde women with sunglasses on their heads. Granted many of them have been repossessed by now, but still..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Confab wrote: »
    Dickheads driving... could be anyone, but I'd go for anyone driving an 1.6 or TDI A4 and thinks it's an R8.

Hey, I have an A4 TDI, well its my wifes but i drive it also and I dont think its an R8 or anything its far from it so does that exclude me? :D

jaybee747 wrote: »
    Was going to say a Taxi, your beemer a Taxi by any chance?

No, but I used to drive a taxi :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

tossy wrote: »
    Hair dressers drive Hyundai coupes and MX5's
    :D

Heeeey... I drive an MX5 and ain't the slightest bit interested in dressing hair :(

I mostly notice them being driven by middle-aged fat men going through a mid-life crisis as the wind sweeps away their dodgy comb-over :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

I'm a 22 year old male, from northside Dublin, i'm into my cars and i love spending days working on them.

What do i drive? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Nuns drive micras.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Only **** drive jeeps...

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Stingey people drive Skoda's.
    Hey I resemble that remark! :p
    My first car was a Skoda Felicia and it was the best car I've ever driven, really miss it, I'd love to get another one. Got a good bargain on it too, even the insurance assessor was amazed I was asking for so little!
    "I'm afraid we can only give you what it was insured for."
    (I didn't tell him it was actually insured for what I paid plus my excess, so I broke even!) :D
    ...oh yeh you're right, stingey. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

Volvoboy wrote: »
    I'm a 22 year old male, from northside Dublin, i'm into my cars and i love spending days working on them.

What do i drive? :D

Citroen 2CV?

Advertisement