Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Aspire Revo R3600, £159.95 delivered to Ireland from Ebuyer

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

vibe666 wrote: »
    what he means is, he's actually very old and has been in IT for years and has mad archaic skillz that go back to pre-windows days when you couldn't survive without knowing how to manually edit config files in DOS to re-assign memory and create ram drives and all sorts of other hocus pocus that us youngsters never had to learn thanks to the invention of the GUI. :pac:

Lol- I'm not that old- I just assume people edit config files etc as need be? I do admit that I work in IT though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Went to order one earlier, 15 in stock. Couldn't find my credit card for about 20/30 mins and they had sold out by then. :mad::(

Anyone know they'll be back in stock at this price?(3610)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

smccarrick wrote: »
    Lol- I'm not that old- I just assume people edit config files etc as need be? I do admit that I work in IT though.
    me too, but i was still in college the last time i needed to create a ram drive. :p

EDIT: just checked your profile & you're less than 2 years older than I am, so you're doing grand. either that or i'm almost ready to be pushing up daisies! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

what he means is, he's actually very old and has been in IT for years and has mad archaic skillz that go back to pre-windows days when you couldn't survive without knowing how to manually edit config files in DOS to re-assign memory and create ram drives and all sorts of other hocus pocus that us youngsters never had to learn thanks to the invention of the GUI. :pac:
    That's OK, I don't work in IT but am indeed exceedingly aged, and looking forward to viewing my old plates on this new-fangled device.

2-magic-lantern_lg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Why does this thread show as "EXPIRED"???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Over 600 R3610 in stock! Price £249.

Intel Atom 330
    3GB RAM
    500GB HDD
    No Optical Drive
    NVIDIA ION
    WLAN
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Wireless Kb/Mouse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

BenEadir wrote: »
    Why does this thread show as "EXPIRED"???

It started out as the single-core R3600 model with Linux for £159. That deal has expired.

The most recent bargain has been the dual-core R3610 model with Windows for £179. That has expired now also.

Ebuyer have loads of the R3610 500GB Win7 model at £249, but tbh there is nothing special about that price. I wouldn't consider it a bargain until it went into the low £200s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

They've a nice priced laptop on ebay but won't ship to Ireland. might be handy if people have family in the England

ebuyer now have "over 100" of the R3700 (Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, No Optical Drive, NVIDIA ION 2, Wireless LAN, Linpus Linux) in stock for £199.24 now.

and also "over 50" of the R3610 (Intel Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Wired Keyboard and Mouse, NVIDIA ION, WLAN, Linux) for £199.99.

I could be tempted by the 'all black' R3700 tho, I'm looking at going for an all black look for my TV area. a new PS3 slim and ps move, a new mini xbox360 with the kinect yoke, swap the white wii for a black one, get a sky+ HD 1tb (which is also all black).

of course it's all going to depend on if i get my finger out, but i suspect it will end in an old 2nd hand black xbox, a repair of my old ps3 and a can of black spray paint for the old sky+ box and the revo. :D

south wrote: »
    They've a nice priced laptop on ebay but won't ship to Ireland. might be handy if people have family in the England
    i think you might be in the wrong thread. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

Quaderno wrote: »
    As has been mentioned before: the newer D525/ION2 system is not necessarily better than the ATOM 330/ION-combination in the Revo 3610. In any case, both machines are very different:

The ATOM 330 is just a cpu, all the graphics as well as the memory control is done by the ION board the ATOM is directly sitting on. Thus the communication between cpu, memory and gpu is pretty fast and such is the graphics perfomance. Furthermore as there are just one cpu and one gpu the system is very efficient energywise, it doesn't consume more energy than the older (and much slower) non-ION boards.

The newer ("pineview") ATOM D525 however is not just a processor like the ATOM 330 as it includes Intels integrated GMA3150 graphics as well as the memory controller directly on the processor die. This may be great in comparison to the "old" ATOM boards, because this setup is slightly faster and (more importantly) much more efficient than the old Intel chipset for the earlier ATOM processors. These new processors can however - mainly due to legal constraints - no longer be soldered directly onto Nvidias ION boards. So you now have a processor with integrated (slow) graphics and its own on-chip memory controller, but very limited connectivity options for the (additional) Nvidia-gpu. More on that problem can be found here.

Furthermore as there are now two gpus (the one on the ION2-board as well as the integrated GMA3150 in the ATOM D525) the system consumes more energy and is likely to produce more heat than the ATOM 330/ION combination, which is never a good thing in a small machine. Even if the performance might eventually be slightly higher in very controlled circumstances and with a perfect driver configuration I remain a big fan of simple solutions and so I do not like the ION2 concept, which by the way is not Nvidias but entirely Intels "fault", as they understandably wish to increase the level of integration and lower the production costs of their processors. As mentioned, legal "problems" are a major factor too.

The ATOM 330 was the perfect processor for Nvidia to build the "original" and very, very good ION chipset around, while the ATOM D525 together with the limited GMA3150 graphics for many applications is a good enough and quite efficient processor on its own (and much better than all the older Intel ATOM/chipset combinations).
    But pineview processors and external ION graphics together to me seem to be a step in the wrong direction, although I can fully understand Nvidias desire to remain in the market for ION boards.
    To cut a long story short: with the older Atom 330 on an Nvidia ION chipset you will achive a performance that is very close to that of the newer systems, but that setup is much simpler, more efficient and last but not least significantly cheaper. And as I wrote before: it seems to be possible to overclock the whole ION board (cpu, gpu, memory and all) to at least the clock level of the D525 without any hardware modifications. That would do the trick for me entirely...

P.S. According to the specs and one of the reviews on the site the Revo 3700 (unlike the 3610) does not have eSata. If you like to store your data on an external eSata-hdd that could turn out to be a problem.

Thanks for all the info on this, it's really appreciated.

In the case where they are both the same price (as on eBuyer at the moment) give or take a keyboard and mouse which would be the better choice in your opinion for web browsing/office/photoshop etc but no gaming. Are they both the same in terms of power consumption?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

boombang wrote: »
    In the case where they are both the same price (as on eBuyer at the moment) give or take a keyboard and mouse which would be the better choice in your opinion for web browsing/office/photoshop etc but no gaming. Are they both the same in terms of power consumption?

That's kind of an academic question, because they are not the same price. If you compare the current offers you will find that the closest match to the system I based my post on (R3610, 2GB RAM, 250GB HDD, WIN7 @ £180) right now is this one, but it is more than £100 dearer and, unlike the now sold out* cheaper one, it doesn't support eSATA. So that's not really an option. All other things equal including the price it wouldn't be much of a difference which one you buy. The lack of eSATA on the 3700 would worry me a bit, though.

Energywise the newer one is unlikely to be more efficient than the 3610 for said reasons, but the difference between them would not be huge. Both processors do not support speedstep which I cannot understand from Intels point of view. So that's actually a minus for both.

As long as the 3610 can be had cheaper at any rate I would stick with it. At the same price point it doesn't really matter which one you choose - unless you need eSATA and like to play 3D-Games or watch HD flash movies. In those cases the 3610 should still be a good choice. There are some areas where the ION2 in the Revo 3700 does perform slightly better than original ION as well. A comparison of the performance for various applications can be found here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3702/zotacs-zbox-hdid11-review-next-gen-ion-better-worse-than-ion1/3

*P.S.: There seems to an "Ex Display" one back in stock at £180 right now. Strange pricing...

That's kind of an academic question, because they are not the same price.
    think you may have missed my last post, they've shifted everything around again and they now have a basic (160gb hdd, 2gb ram) R3700 and R3610 for the same price.
    ebuyer now have "over 100" of the R3700 (Intel Atom D525 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, No Optical Drive, NVIDIA ION 2, Wireless LAN, Linpus Linux) in stock for £199.24 now.

and also "over 50" of the R3610 (Intel Atom 330, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Wired Keyboard and Mouse, NVIDIA ION, WLAN, Linux) for £199.99.
    although they've got up to £204.xx now. they do like to fluctuate their prices daily don't they!

think you may have missed my last post, they've shifted everything around again and they now have a basic (160gb hdd, 2gb ram) R3700 and R3610 for the same price.

although they've got up to £204.xx now. they do like to fluctuate their prices daily don't they!

£199 to £204 is probably just the increased UK vat rate. Went up today.

Yes, I did indeed. Thanks for pointing out. Furthermore, those systems don't seem to show up when you do a search for "Aspire Revo" on Ebuyer, so I didn't spot them.

So now we have two comparable systems and I think I would still go for the older one. The reason apart from eSATA for me would be this: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/atom_330?tab=2drankings
    The old ION boards should be great to fiddle around with clockwise. I didn't try by myself, but I certainly will. If you get the ATOM330 running stable at 1.8 or even 2GHz it will most certainly be faster than the 3700 in all areas.
    If you need it just for some office applications or as HTPC (minus HD flash) go for the new one. It looks better :D

If you need it just for some office applications or as HTPC (minus HD flash) go for the new one. It looks better :D
    yeah, i'm sorely tempted to get the ol' spray can out and black up my R3610. :)

Yes, I did indeed. Thanks for pointing out. Furthermore, those systems don't seem to show up when you do a search for "Aspire Revo" on Ebuyer, so I didn't spot them.

So now we have two comparable systems and I think I would still go for the older one. The reason apart from eSATA for me would be this: http://hwbot.org/hardware/processor/atom_330?tab=2drankings
    The old ION boards should be great to fiddle around with clockwise. I didn't try by myself, but I certainly will. If you get the ATOM330 running stable at 1.8 or even 2GHz it will most certainly be faster than the 3700 in all areas.

Quaderno,

You seem to the 'The Man' in relation to Revo specs etc so I'd appreciate it if you can give me a steer?

I want a "device" whose primary role will be to download, store and play movies as well as act as a repository for home/family videos, pictures etc etc. If it can be used to browse the web and stream content from sites like RTE Player all the better.

My pal has an Iomega ScreenPlay Director 2TB HD Media Player and loves it's simplicity but the Acer Revo's seem to be able to do the same as the Iomega Media Player but also much much more as they are fully functioning PC's. I am competent at tweaking software and loading drivers etc but wouldn't be a serious modder or hacker.

My questions are:-

1. Which Acer Revo model should I be going for? There is this 3700 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/236579 entry level Linux based model for £203 at one end of the spectrum or this 3700 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/236581 fully blown Win 7 model at the other end for £338 with this R3610 Win 7 model http://www.ebuyer.com/product/225756 in between at £254.

2. Can I download, store and play movies, stream content and generally browse the web 'out of the box' or do I need to hack/mod the box in any serious way? (I have no clue or experience with Linux so maybe I just pay the extra and go for one of the the Win 7 versions?)

3. How can the Acer Revo be a serious Media Player if it only comes with a 160GB (Linux) or 500BG (Win 7) Hard Drive? Would I not have to add a 2TB Slave drive onto it via USB in order for it to really function as a Media Player and if so should I be going the eSata direction (therefore R3610) or is USB the best way to go?

4. If the machine is tucked away behind my HD Plasma whats the best way to control it in Media Centre mode? I have an Android phone and have used Gmote to control my Laptop for playing movies so I guess there are similar applications which would let me control XBMC or similar on the Revo?

5. Can I run the Revo through my Onkyo amp in order to get the full benefit from my Jamo surround sound system or does it need to be connected directly to my TV?

6. Where do solutions like the Boxee Box, Mede8er and PLAYON!HD fit into the equation? Are they somewhere in between the plane Jane Iomega Media Player and the Acer HTPC solution?

I know I'm seriously confused.com here so really would appreciate some advice. At the moment I'm storing and playing video content via HDMI output from my Laptop through my Onkyo Amp to my Plasma TV and Jamo surround sound systems so I know I need to find a dedicated solution and when better to dive in than the month of January when I'll have loads of evenings to set it up and play around with it?

Cheers in advance if take the time to respond, I appreciate it.

Ben

Quaderno,
    You seem to the 'The Man' in relation to Revo specs etc so I'd appreciate it if you can give me a steer?
    I actually ordered one (the £180 Revo 3610) just last week and didn't even receive it yet. So all my "experience" comes from reading a fair amount of reviews. So be careful, all I say could be entirely wrong :)
    I want a "device" whose primary role will be to download, store and play movies as well as act as a repository for home/family videos, pictures etc etc. If it can be used to browse the web and stream content from sites like RTE Player all the better.
    My pal has an Iomega ScreenPlay Director 2TB HD Media Player and loves it's simplicity but the Acer Revo's seem to be able to do the same as the Iomega Media Player but also much much more as they are fully functioning PC's.
    Yes, that's exactly how I see it. I don't like to have too many devices lying around, better just a few that can do more. I think both Revo models will be perfectly able to do all the things you mention and much more. Streaming online content could be limited by the network rather than the perfomance of the device, as the integrated wlan card seems to be regarded by many as being crappy at best. There are even videos on youtube on how to change the antenna. The positioning of the device (e.g. possible interference from the tv set) seems to play a major role as well. But apart from that browsing the web, watching movies (all formats including full HD, depending on the player and codecs you want to use) and typical office stuff will be absolutely fine, no matter which one you choose.
    1. Which Acer Revo model should I be going for? There is this 3700 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/236579 entry level Linux based model for £203 at one end of the spectrum or this 3700 http://www.ebuyer.com/product/236581 fully blown Win 7 model at the other end for £338 with this R3610 Win 7 model http://www.ebuyer.com/product/225756 in between at £254.
    I think the one in the middle represents the best value at the moment. You get the bigger harddrive (500GB instead of 160GB) and more memory (3GB instead of 2GB) than in the cheapest set. If you are a Windows user and have no experience with Linux the Win7 licence will also come in handy. All that will set you back an additional £50 compared to the basic model(s) and you have to decide if it's worth it for you. I personally think it would be for me.
    The dearest one is way over the top pricewise and I think there will be other alternatives in that price range. It doesn't offer any real benefit over the aforementioned cheaper R3610 apart from 4GB instead of 3GB RAM and lacks eSATA, so that doesn't seem to be as attractive.
    2. Can I download, store and play movies, stream content and generally browse the web 'out of the box' or do I need to hack/mod the box in any serious way? (I have no clue or experience with Linux so maybe I just pay the extra and go for one of the the Win 7 versions?)
    I have next to no experience with Linux, but I presume it will work as good as Windows for all the things you mention. Many applications today can be had for multiple platforms, so even if you operate different systems compatibility should be of little concern. It will however take time to get used to the new interface, But if you just want to play movies and stuff like that Linux will probably be fine. So it depends on your preferences and maybe these systems provide a great opportunity to learn something new.
    3. How can the Acer Revo be a serious Media Player if it only comes with a 160GB (Linux) or 500BG (Win 7) Hard Drive? Would I not have to add a 2TB Slave drive onto it via USB in order for it to really function as a Media Player and if so should I be going the eSata direction (therefore R3610) or is USB the best way to go?
    That's one of the reasons to go for the midrange model, as it has a much bigger hdd than the cheapest one and eSATA in contrast to the dearest.
    4. If the machine is tucked away behind my HD Plasma whats the best way to control it in Media Centre mode? I have an Android phone and have used Gmote to control my Laptop for playing movies so I guess there are similar applications which would let me control XBMC or similar on the Revo?
    I don't know anything about third party software for this purpose, but the £254-Revo 3610 comes with wireless keyboard and mouse (don't know about the dearer one, but the cheapest doesn't). Although these generally seem to be regarded as being of low quality they will probably do the job.
    5. Can I run the Revo through my Onkyo amp in order to get the full benefit from my Jamo surround sound system or does it need to be connected directly to my TV?
    Both the newer and the older models have an optical S/PDIF port. So yes, you should be able to connect it to your amp.
    6. Where do solutions like the Boxee Box, Mede8er and PLAYON!HD fit into the equation? Are they somewhere in between the plane Jane Iomega Media Player and the Acer HTPC solution?
    Sorry, I have no experiences with any of those. Actually I don't even have a tv.
    I know I'm seriously confused.com here so really would appreciate some advice. At the moment I'm storing and playing video content via HDMI output from my Laptop through my Onkyo Amp to my Plasma TV and Jamo surround sound systems so I know I need to find a dedicated solution and when better to dive in than the month of January when I'll have loads of evenings to set it up and play around with it?
    As I said before, for me too one single device that can do as much as possible is the way to go. And the Revo (old or new) seems to be perfect for that purpose. I am really looking forward to it, it should arrive later this week and then I may be able to provide some real experiences as opposed to passing on other peoples reviews :)

P.S. And again one of the cheap Revos to be had.

If you have no experience with Linux i'd go with the Win7 version. Its just easier to troubleshoot and get drivers working etc.

Most people use an external drive or network storage. You can get a 2TB external for under €100 nowadays. If you are regularly copying large amounts of data on and off the drive, the eSATA is the way to go. However, if you are just storing movies on the drive, then USB is more than fast enough for even full BD playback.

You can control XBMC with Android, I have tested the XBMC Android app and it works great. Personally I picked up a cheap Emprex media remote from ebuyer when I was buying the Revo. Works fine on Windows, I used Eventghost to map a few extra commands to it.

By the way, I agree about the wifi reception, I find the wifi on my R3610 to be close to non-functional. Its even worse lying down and thats the only way it fits in my TV shelf. I don't know if they have fixed it with the R3700. It really needs an external antenna, many competing devices went down that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

4. If the machine is tucked away behind my HD Plasma whats the best way to control it in Media Centre mode?
    On the basis that other people should be able to use it when your Android isn't around, you might as well pick up a separate cheapo remote control. I just ordered this from Dealextreme. They have other models, with joystick-type buttons for cursor movement, but I preferred the simple layout of this one.

So pleased I got in there in time for the £179.99 deal.

P.S. Little foretaste for those waiting on their delivery...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Very similar to the needs I have
    Currently running Iomega Screenplay 1TB Media Player directly plugged in to my 11yr old TV via scart (new TV needed pretty soon but finances don’t allow at present). I have this networked (wired) to my router and I then have an old laptop (Win XP) and monitor in the bedroom running Boxee and I stream movies, TV programs, music etc to this. Old Sky box that gets basic FTV TV channels. Also have a Wii connected (wireless) to the Router so all in all I have enough basic equipment to get some decent streaming going.
    Current issues are that
    a) Iomega interface is very poor and wont ever get updated I believe (it dosent even have a random or shuffle for music)
    b) Streaming music etc to the laptop is very slow as the laptop is due to fall over any day soon now
    c) Cant play anything on the Wii (Music, Movies etc)

Here is the Plan

• Purchase a R3610 Win 7 version. Stick the 1TB Iomega on it via USB as my main storage. Place it somewhere with good wireless connection and connect via something (not sure what yet) to the TV.
    • Install Boxee on the Revo (love the Boxee interface BTW – so easy to use and you can control it with Android too)
    • Somehow get the FTV old Sky box connected so I can record to the hard drive - not sure if thats possible but I am sure I can work it out
    • Have the Wii set up in another room with Orb installed on the Revo and Wii and stream all the stuff to the other room via Orb - looks pretty straight forward
    • Finally – give the old laptop a spring clean and continue to use it in the bedroom to stream stuff (via Boxee again)
    Might even get my hands on another laptop or old PC and Monitor to stick in the spare room and stream stuff to that also via Boxee or even a DLNA enabled TV for the main bedroom and stick the laptop in the spare room.

Questions are –

• Will the Revo R3610 handle all this or do I need to beef it up a little with extra RAM etc to get it all flowing at the same time?
    • Should I be looking at getting some kind of wireless extender if the Revo has a poor wifi reception etc?

Big thanks to you Quaderno and also to Voodu and PeckerHead, great info.

Having read all that my (new) main concern relates to the Wi-Fi ability of the Revo. My intention is to have it downloading torrents and other content quite a bit so it's imperitave it can connect and stay connected to my 20MB UPC broadband. My inention is to have it located about 20ft from the router with at least one wooden partition in the way. I guess the only way to find out is to try it out but I'd be interested to know if the 3700 (given it's an upgraded/new model) has addressed this issue?

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Having read all that my (new) main concern relates to the Wi-Fi ability of the Revo. My intention is to have it downloading torrents and other content quite a bit so it's imperitave it can connect and stay connected to my 20MB UPC broadband. My inention is to have it located about 20ft from the router with at least one wooden partition in the way. I guess the only way to find out is to try it out but I'd be interested to know if the 3700 (given it's an upgraded/new model) has addressed this issue?

Ben

Might be an idea to get some Powerline adapters when you're ordering?

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ben

Whip out the Atheros that it ships with and replace it with an Intel 5100/5300 (you'll get it for 20-30 on ebay). The integrated antenna is a bit crap, but the distances you're talking about shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

could always upgrade to a wifi n router and buy a wifi n dongle for the revo if you were worried about a bottleneck on the wifi g wifi card already in the revo

im sickened i missed out on the 179 deal...argh...

Do-more wrote: »
    Might be an idea to get some Powerline adapters when you're ordering?

Do More,

Are those Powerline Adapters really as easy as they sound? Plug the UPC router into a powerline adapter which then plugs into an electric socket, plug the Revo into the other powerline adapter and the adapter into an electric socket and bobs your uncle you've got hard wired broadband???

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

correct

pending your internal electricity network isnt in bits, you should be able to stream flawlessy

id go with a 200mbps homeplug over the 80mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Yeah picked up a set of the D-link 200mbps ones for the nephew at the weekend as he was having problems gaming with a wireless connection that kept dropping out. It really was as simple as plugging them in and connecting the Ethernet cables, no setting up whatsoever. I believe amateur radio hams don't like them as they cause interference on some of their bands but other than that there doesn't seem to be a downside to them.

invest4deepvalue.com

BArra wrote: »
    correct

pending your internal electricity network isnt in bits, you should be able to stream flawlessy

id go with a 200mbps homeplug over the 80mbps
    don't touch the 85mbps ones, they're shoite.

things to consider with powerline ethernet adapters are:
    • are you on the same electrical circuit (i.e. both sockets on the same fuse in the fusebox if it trips out)? if not, you'll take a substantial speed hit crossing to a different circuit (i.e. downstairs to upstairs which are usually fused separately).
    • are you in a cheap crappy house (i.e. any mass produced house from the last 10 years or so?) that is likely to have cheap internal wiring, or a really old house with old rickety wiring on it's last legs? if so, you'll take a speed hit there too.
    • do you use a lot of CFL (energy saver) bulbs in the house, particularly if they're cheap ones from IKEA etc? you'll take a bit there too. :(
    I have all of the above and with 85mbps powerline adapters I got a sustained transfer rate of between 2-5mbps between my media server and HTPC connected to the telly. it was so bad it was actually worse than having wireless which i bought them to replace and they were €85 at the time i got them. :mad:

speed aside though, they do work exactly as advertised, you just plug them into a spare socket and run an ethernet cable from each one to your networked devices and it's like running a straight cable between the two of them, no configuration needed or anything.

if you can cross of one or more of my caveats above, 200mbps homeplugs might just float your boat and they're pretty cheap on ebay now that the 500mbps and 1000mbps ones are out and driving down the price of the older kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Hmm this thread has convinced me to hold off a short while, seems there might be an announcement from xbmc on the way..
    http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?t=88265&page=3

Advertisement