Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin tattoo convention

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

no
    Was it just me or was it all either rockabilly or ska

Certainly seemed to be the case anyway!

Said it at the convention to people, but any of you that got work done and want photos taken, gimmie a shout, and I can also send the pics back to the artists in case they want them for their portfolios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 krystel

no
    overall a good weekend since i got the chance to hang out with friends and all *but*:

- the music was far too loud
    - the passes were overpriced (why oh why could you not buy a weekend pass on the Saturday i wonder?! really stupid)
    - not that many good artists although i did love Daniel Scannell work and he's a really cool guy!

will i be back next year? probably. i just hope we'll see some more artists and better entertainment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

no
    The music was a bit ropey and way too loud. I was at a booth on the opposite end of the convention and couldn't hear what anyone else was saying because of it. Was it just me or was it all either rockabilly or ska, I don't remember hearing much variety anyway.

The guy i was geeting tattooed from, macgyvered his own ear plugs using plastic caps and sticky tape on the saturday.... Wonder how he felt about the music:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

no
    vangoz wrote: »
    The guy i was geeting tattooed from, macgyvered his own ear plugs using plastic caps and sticky tape on the saturday.... Wonder how he felt about the music:rolleyes:

They mentioned to us that Irish people seem to listen to a lot of soft rock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

no
    The music was only bad with some of the live acts but when they threw on a cd the music was a good mixed bag of everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

So anyone heading this year? Thinking bout heading up on the 6th myself, can't make the 7th as rumble in rush is on, But anyone up for going?
    Couch potato? Will? Damo? and others I'm to lazy to name?

I would've went to it had my sister sent me the email about it before the bloody thing was due to take place!!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement