Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin tattoo convention

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

no
    I really can't make sat, so Ill be there sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

no
    Then Sat it is!!!

no
    sound dude *cough git cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

jenizzle wrote: »
    There are a few pubs in Ballsbridge but they're all fairly crappy and quite 'spensive.
    Dunno about that. Depends on what you want out of a pub I suppose. They're my locals, so I guess I'm biased.

Anywho, I think I'll pop along on the basis that its about 5 mins away from my house and Im in the market for some tattoo ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

no
    we'll be going everyday so whenever people are going and are free for beers suits me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

no
    jenizzle wrote: »
    There are a few pubs in Ballsbridge but they're all fairly crappy and quite 'spensive. I won't be drinking but I've no working car so I'll be getting the last bus. Pubs will be closing late on a Sunday anywho. Gauge, we live beside each other(ish), could share a taxi as a last resort!

I wonder if anyone else lives near you two that'd be willing to give you a lift home :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

no
    I'll be there all weekend! Can't wait for this....was supposed to be going to the London Con but that fell through :(.....So Dublin will have to do as the highlight of my year.

As for getting inked at the convention. You can usually get a session with one of the less well known artists, some of whom are very good, just have a good look at all the portfolios on display, and watch them ink someone beforehand if possible.

I've never made an appointment for ink at a convention, and I have one friend in particular who always seem to strike it lucky and has ended up with some fantastic pieces, never with an appointment. Granted it is a bit hit and miss, and you need to be prepared to leave without ink and not let any artist do it just for the sake of getting it........just saying...it is possible to get great ink without an appointment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

no
    i got a last minute piece last year on the sunday just a while before everything shut down! i hadn't planned on getting anything but when you're there the whole weekend seeing people getting inked and the smell of disinfectant and people's sweaty fear really really makes you want one!

so shannon from ohio (can't remember the name of the studio o.0) kindly obliged my request and inked my little anchor on my wrist as his last tattoo of the con :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 C_D

Will be going along too - emailed a couple of artists last night so fingers crossed......... will be my first tat to

no pun intended:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

no
    just to be different, and awkward, im going on friday. apparently it starts at 6 and goes on til late.... mmm beer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

no
    I know this is a tattoo convention, but do they do piercings at it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

no
    there will be one or two piercers there, and they've been known to happen but really it's not an ideal place plus ny piercers that will be there are the usual ones found around dublin

il be there all weekend, on me tod if needs be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

I don't think anyones piercing, there wasn't anyone last year anyway. As Will said it'll only be the usual Dublin piercers but xRonix will be about from Poland who does pretty much every heavy mod and scarification. He's not working the convention but maybe available for private appointments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

:( its this weekend? :(

Im broke as a joke right now... how much is it in?

no
    Molberts wrote: »
    :( its this weekend? :(

Im broke as a joke right now... how much is it in?

25 on fri for weekend pass and 15 in a night I think

no
    ah fook yeah, forgot about xRonix, sound person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i fear i may be too broke to go :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

We can hang around outside the windows looking sad and hope someone takes pity on us :(

no
    Damn college kids!
    We can hang around outside the windows looking sad and hope someone takes pity on us :(
    I'll close the blinds :P

Damn college kids!

I'll close the blinds :P

We'll knock on the window like 2 little lost puppies! And im fairly sure you wont be given control over the blinds!!

• Advertisement

no
    We'll knock on the window like 2 little lost puppies! And im fairly sure you wont be given control over the blinds!!
    You'd be surprised...I've a very let him control the blinds vibe about me

You'd be surprised...I've a very let him control the blinds vibe about me

We'll sabotage you. I really wanna go. I may be being brought on sunday for free :cool: failing that i have no hope

no
    Well then yer sorted all the cool kids are going on the sunday

no
    Well then yer sorted all the cool kids are going on the sunday

By cool kids u mean me right??

What time is everyone heading out on sunday?

no
    Cookie Jar wrote: »
    By cool kids u mean me right??

What time is everyone heading out on sunday?
    Sorry it's a one ginger per group limit, Dunno will have to talk to the sister and robbie see when they're heading up

no
    Sorry it's a one ginger per group limit, Dunno will have to talk to the sister and robbie see when they're heading up

Ha!! Ah just found out I'm going on the fri but will prolly go Sunday aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Looks like it'll be fun!
    I was going to go to it on Saturday and see my friend getting her tattoo done, but Rumble in Rush is on.

no
    cookie if you go friday get the weekend pass cos it works out cheaper :)

no
    Looks like it'll be fun!
    I was going to go to it on Saturday and see my friend getting her tattoo done, but Rumble in Rush is on.
    Thus the reason I won't be going on the sat

• Advertisement

no
    Will wrote: »
    cookie if you go friday get the weekend pass cos it works out cheaper :)

Yeah I was thinking that will!!! If all goes to plan on fri Ill give you a shout when im out there to see if your about:D

Advertisement