Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin tattoo convention

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

no
    I was there all weekend and didn't see any of you guys, how crap am I??

Didn't get any work done due to lack of funds, but had a whopper time all round. Atmosphere was a little lacking on Sunday, but I had to leave early so it may have picked up after I left, think everyone was hungover LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

no
    It was buzzing on Sunday evening, busiest I'd seen it all weekend!

I had fun folks, but curses on not having enough monies to get some work done :(

Next year I'll definitely be calling upon our new friends from Oregon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

no
    Yeah was good meeting some of you guys, didnt get to hi to some was getting work done for the most part... didnt finish up till nearly one last night :eek:!! Although was probably talking/slurring to a few on friday..... if i was please fill us in on the details as i have an acute case of gin amnesia:o

no
    How did it turn out in the end? One o'clock? Man, you must have been in bits!!!!!
    Was looking awesome by the time I left, so I can only imagine how it turned out! :D

no
    Yeah turned out great, although its only 95 % complete, missing some shading round the tower piece but its not really noticeable. Yeah man wasnt in to good of shape at all, feeling quite weak and worn now even!!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

no
    due to feeling quite rotten all weekend, i wasnt able to make it :(

plus i still havnt fully decided on my next piece and i knew if i went then id just get it done and then not be happy about it so thats my justification :)

hehe tattoo goo

no
    Splinter wrote: »
    due to feeling quite rotten all weekend, i wasnt able to make it :(

plus i still havnt fully decided on my next piece and i knew if i went then id just get it done and then not be happy about it so thats my justification :)

hehe tattoo goo

I spent all weekend wanting new tattoos and not being able to do so, so you still fail :p;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

no
    yeah but i had the money :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

no
    im delighted with my new baby.wearing shorts in winter though.a bit lame even by my standards.but ill defo be going back to my friends from New Orleans! (fcuk Oregon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

no
    Oregon all the way!!! Mark get a pic up!

• Advertisement

no
    Cookie Jar wrote: »
    Oregon all the way!!! Mark get a pic up!

And thier supply of 14 year old jemson :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

no
    i shoulda gotten inked later in the day tbh cos they had no jameson when i was there >.<

no
    I got no tattoo relief spray or whiskey.
    Fi did get me a few pints though.(thanks womin) I'll try get a pic up as soon as I can.

no
    Count yourself lucky, some of us got no tattoo. :(

no
    maybe shimei will slap you with his meat stick? will that do ya? :p

no
    I'll give ya meat slap but no burn relief spray!

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

no
    Count yourself lucky, some of us got no tattoo. :(

damo, every time i read your posts now, i hear them in my head in your accent :D

but unlike young william, i'm not slagging you :pac:

no
    i had you cackling like a mo fo all weekend so shurrup :)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

no
    you leave my laugh out of this :mad:

no
    it's fun though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 turbogirl09

i went up! was good crack! Some of the tattoos were unreal! Anyone see the dude who had the full sleave of the joker from batman.. my boyfriend was in the competition. he was first up with the ghostbusters half sleeve.

I Got this pretty little tattoo at the convention from the guys from hawaii! Cant think of the name
    061s.th.jpg

still very sore

no
    So anyone any thoughts or comments on the convention this year?

For me it was much the same as last year. I understand the time and effort that went into the organisation and appreciate it though.

I was hoping there would be some jewellery vendors here this year, wildcat were the only folks last year but there was no one (that I'm aware) who was selling jewellery this year.

A few people who were on the list to be there weren't, mainly lucky diamond rich but oh well. I know karen russell was meant to be there but her kid is sick, so maybe lucky diamond rich was in the same boat. Not sure.

A time table of events would have been mucho helpful, just a rough idea of what would be going on and when. Missed a few of the burlesque shows :( only caught some boobie tassles :(

Shame some of the other studios around Ireland didn't go to the convention, like snakebite, art tattoo and jmd's.

In saying all that though I had a great time, fun was had, tattoos were a plenty and I thought the skate decks were awesome as prizes for the competition winners. Bring on next year, hopefully get to maybe the london convention too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

no
    Will wrote: »
    hopefully get to maybe the london convention too :)

Do I sense a road trip????:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

no
    Hell yeah, let's go! All pile into the back of my micra :D

no
    Missed a few of the burlesque shows :( only caught some boobie tassles :(

Helps if you don't go running off to the bar just as they're about to start :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

no
    I'm planning a trip to the Amsterdam Convention nexy year if anyone is up for it.......and London is a must!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dr.quirky

I popped my ink cherry at the convention:D:D:D my first convention aswel. delighted with my piece, done by Ross Nagle of AllStar ink , the other guy at the stand, Dale, was super nice and really open and helpfull, me an the missus had a ball over the weekend, thought it was great, i agree an itenery of some description would of been helpfull, i almost missed boobies!

no
    So anyone any thoughts or comments on the convention this year?

For me it was much the same as last year. I understand the time and effort that went into the organisation and appreciate it though.

I was hoping there would be some jewellery vendors here this year, wildcat were the only folks last year but there was no one (that I'm aware) who was selling jewellery this year.

A few people who were on the list to be there weren't, mainly lucky diamond rich but oh well. I know karen russell was meant to be there but her kid is sick, so maybe lucky diamond rich was in the same boat. Not sure.

A time table of events would have been mucho helpful, just a rough idea of what would be going on and when. Missed a few of the burlesque shows :( only caught some boobie tassles :(

Shame some of the other studios around Ireland didn't go to the convention, like snakebite, art tattoo and jmd's.

In saying all that though I had a great time, fun was had, tattoos were a plenty and I thought the skate decks were awesome as prizes for the competition winners. Bring on next year, hopefully get to maybe the london convention too :)

Yeah I'd agree on a whole it was like last year, a rough time table would have helped but thats a small gripe. Just the music on the saturday i taught was pretty awfull, sorry if i'm insulting anybody but thats just my honest opinion as as well as a couple of others :(.... but there was good crack to be had all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

A time table of events would have been mucho helpful, just a rough idea of what would be going on and when.
    Yeah, I managed to miss pretty much everything. Still had fun wandering around, though.

According to my boyfriend I walked right passed Will and Damo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

The music was a bit ropey and way too loud. I was at a booth on the opposite end of the convention and couldn't hear what anyone else was saying because of it. Was it just me or was it all either rockabilly or ska, I don't remember hearing much variety anyway.

Advertisement