Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE Results 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 nice_r_naughty

Thanks, everyone - that explains it! Commiserations it is then...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Just got my actual results in the post - some how manged to pass wach one.

To all those who diidn't get them commiserations. If there is any notes etc you need PM me :)

Let's all have a few tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Fell victim to the 40 in both Financial and Tax rule that they decided to introduce this year so have to go back and do them both:(. Happy I got the other 3 though considering I dread MABF & Auditing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Odats wrote: »
    Fell victim to the 40 in both Financial and Tax rule that they decided to introduce this year so have to go back and do them both:(. Happy I got the other 3 though considering I dread MABF & Auditing.
    Did you get a breakdown of the result for FA and Tax as seperate papers?

Well done on the other 3 especially MABF

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Congrats to all who passed, but was just wondering, it seems like a very high pass rate - or is that just me?

• Advertisement

Did you get a breakdown of the result for FA and Tax as seperate papers?

Well done on the other 3 especially MABF

Yeah I rang them this morning and they gave me the breakdown said it went to the board and all but I was just under the score that they were going to allow through think it was 32 and I got just under it was in Financial which I kinda left to the side as it was my best result in the mocks to concentrate on Audit & MABF. Made one silly mistake in FA which was the non adjusting event for adverse FX changes simple debit & credits and saying this is not an adjusting event for 6 marks and it cost me my finals. But sure atleast it could be alot worse I know lads who have to do all 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

Yeah I rang them this morning and they gave me the breakdown said it went to the board and all but I was just under the score that they were going to allow through think it was 32 and I got just under it was in Financial which I kinda left to the side as it was my best result in the mocks to concentrate on Audit & MABF. Made one silly mistake in FA which was the non adjusting event for adverse FX changes simple debit & credits and saying this is not an adjusting event for 6 marks and it cost me my finals. But sure atleast it could be alot worse I know lads who have to do all 5.

I feel your pain - same thing happened to me! Gutted cos I got like 70% in tax! It's the only exam I cried after cos I knew I'd messed it up, that stupid FX thing completely threw me for the entire paper! Think I might appeal anyways, even if it's just to get to the 40% so I'd only have to repeat financial...

Can I ask what you mean by the score they were going to allow through?

I feel your pain - same thing happened to me! Gutted cos I got like 70% in tax! It's the only exam I cried after cos I knew I'd messed it up, that stupid FX thing completely threw me for the entire paper! Think I might appeal anyways, even if it's just to get to the 40% so I'd only have to repeat financial...

Can I ask what you mean by the score they were going to allow through?

Basically if you appeal and get the 40 in financial you don't have to repeat both. If you get 100 in tax and 0 in FA you still have to do both. You just cannot do 1.
    Girl said on the phone that in order to pass both papers you needed to get atleast 20/50 in both. As I'd say alot were borderline they reduced this to 16/50 for either as long as you got 40% in total so you could of got 16/50 and 24/50 and pass or got 15/50 and 50/50 and failed.

Basically if you appeal and get the 40 in financial you don't have to repeat both. If you get 100 in tax and 0 in FA you still have to do both. You just cannot do 1.
    Girl said on the phone that in order to pass both papers you needed to get atleast 20/50 in both. As I'd say alot were borderline they reduced this to 16/50 for either as long as you got 40% in total so you could of got 16/50 and 24/50 and pass or got 15/50 and 50/50 and failed.

I got 16 in Financial and 35 in tax. 51/100 overall in both. In that case so I should've passed...Well I'm definitely going to appeal it but I won't hold out much hope that they'll change me to a pass!

I got 16 in Financial and 35 in tax. 51/100 overall in both. In that case so I should've passed...Well I'm definitely going to appeal it but I won't hold out much hope that they'll change me to a pass!

Don't hold me to that but it was definately 16/17 they dropped it down to out of 50 in one of them so it is probably worth appealing it in that case. Did you get all the rest of them?

• Advertisement

Don't hold me to that but it was definately 16/17 they dropped it down to out of 50 in one of them so it is probably worth appealing it in that case. Did you get all the rest of them?

Oh if it was 17 I think I'd die! That stupid paper...

Yeah passed every other one. At least it's only financial/tax and not MABF we've to repeat...that would be an absolute disaster! Can't believe I actually passed that and failed financial!

You passed the rest too?

Oh if it was 17 I think I'd die! That stupid paper...

Yeah passed every other one. At least it's only financial/tax and not MABF we've to repeat...that would be an absolute disaster! Can't believe I actually passed that and failed financial!

You passed the rest too?

Yep thank god but was very flabbergasted about FA & Tax thought I'd atleast get 40 in FA as I work in Tax and thats not a bother. Definately give the girl in the Institute a ring and check that out as I was all in a heap this morning thinking I'd only passed one maybe. But you know them and they'd tell you one thing one minute and another the next

Yep thank god but was very flabbergasted about FA & Tax thought I'd atleast get 40 in FA as I work in Tax and thats not a bother. Definately give the girl in the Institute a ring and check that out as I was all in a heap this morning thinking I'd only passed one maybe. But you know them and they'd tell you one thing one minute and another the next

I rang but she wasn't very helpful, said it probably did go to the Board but that she'll get someone to give me a call on it anyways. I work in tax too so that side is grand, though I didn't think I'd really scrape enough marks in Financial to pass..

Part 2 tax and FAE exams all within a month of each other...should be fun!

Congrats to all those who passed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jay_er

Anyone know how long the appeals process takes from start to finish? Only had MABF to repeat this year and was told on phone this morning that i got 47%...so close yet so far!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Pascal Yeah

Passed Wohoo!! Nxt point of call how to get out of the big four!! Scum!!!

Just found out that they dropped the 20/20 thing to 17 for Financial/Tax...I missed out by 1 mark/2%...absolutely gutted!

Don't know how long the process takes, one of the girls appealed last year and I think it took a good few weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭ma.long25

Hi everyone, congrats on those who passed and for those who didnt there always next time!!!

I passed with flying colours but a top three placement which i had hoped for did not materialise, i got 4-7 but was a bit disaapointed cause i ahd worked really really hard and went to most of the lectures...

Anyone did anyone see that the numebrs doing the CA qualification rose from 1300 to over 1700, jsut what the feck is going on!!

Where are those 1700 ca gonno go...........

It s mad crazy.. does irealnd really need another 1,700 CA coming out with bout 90% auditors!!!

Any thoguhts would be very welcomed!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Driven2Succeed

Passed Wohoo!! Nxt point of call how to get out of the big four!! Scum!!!

Sorry to go off topic here, but could you elaborate on that?

Would you advise against working for the big four? And why?

Sorry to go off topic here, but could you elaborate on that?

Would you advise against working for the big four? And why?

Please read my post on quitting auditing....

Ull see, id say go into another area my friend, trust me u wont regret it.

what degree do you ahve now and what exams will you have after your degree from the ACA

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭nimbinsurfer

What about accountant spud did he/she pass???they're gone very quiet..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭viconia

Just so you all know, The appeals process takes 4 months to work. Deadline is the 25th of november from what I remember, so they probably don't start it til after Xmas.

I know someone who got their appeal.. uh, after they sat the repeat. **** like this can happen so seriously question and evaluate whether the money is worth it.

Typical of the ICAI , cant fooking do anything right......

There the most incompetent laod of piss head s... excuse the language!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭joint 11th

What sort of increase in salary do people who pass their FAE expect to receive this year?

viconia wrote: »
    Just so you all know, The appeals process takes 4 months to work. Deadline is the 25th of november from what I remember, so they probably don't start it til after Xmas.

I know someone who got their appeal.. uh, after they sat the repeat. **** like this can happen so seriously question and evaluate whether the money is worth it.

Was that Prof3 or FAE's? Cos I know for Prof3/CCAP2's, because the process takes so long, you have to sit the repeat but cos the repeats for FAE are so far away, anone appealing probably won't have to sit it if their appeal is successful as they'll get it before the repeats.

Anyways, I think they rechecked mine cos I was so close so no point in appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Well done all who passed!

But can somebody explain to me why 76% passed nationwide (and 86-90% in the Big 4)? Next year it will more than likely (If CAP 1 and CAP 2 are anything to go by) be around 50% nationwide and about 60-65% in the Big 4. Without trying to come accross as bitter (as it is not the fault of the people who sat the FAE's this year) this is grossly unfair!! And I for one feel absolutely cheated by all of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

04072511 wrote: »
    Well done all who passed!

But can somebody explain to me why 76% passed nationwide (and 86-90% in the Big 4)? Next year it will more than likely (If CAP 1 and CAP 2 are anything to go by) be around 50% nationwide and about 60-65% in the Big 4. Without trying to come accross as bitter (as it is not the fault of the people who sat the FAE's this year) this is grossly unfair!! And I for one feel absolutely cheated by all of this!

Because they get a lot more in-house tutorials/training/revision and much more study leave?!

I'd say that's a major factor in it anyways.

Because they get a lot more in-house tutorials/training/revision and much more study leave?!

Last years Prof 3 had a 68% pass rate. The next year (first year of CAP 2) that drops to 50.5%! It is not a case of us being a less intelligent year! We are being absolutely shafted!

Compensation is a massive factor aswell. Take away that and you'd see a pass rate close to 50%.... precisely what it will be next year when there will be no compensation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Accountant spud

Well done to all who passed and hard luck to anyone who didnt get them, Accountant spud has pulled it out of the bag and passed once again, Thanks nimbinsurfer for your concern, how did you do? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ofjames

is there statistics available on passes/average marks etc per subject?

Advertisement