Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE Results 2009

Options
  • 22-10-2009 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi all,

Anyone else out there waiting for FAE results in November. I'm absolutely dreading the results but no one else in my firm seems to be half as worried. Would love to hear from someone else int he same boat!! :(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bubblicious

Don't worry, you're not alone! I'm so so worried about the results, especially Financial and MABF..

But fingers crossed it'll go our way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 twinkletoes06

Ya I'm more worried about Audit and Multi D which were the two I thought I should be ok in which is freakn me out even more!!! :-(

Best of luck with them anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭silverwatch

Absolutely dreading them, cannot wait for the day itself to be over, then roll on the repeats...anyone heard when they're on? Meant to be in May but heard rumours of a Jan sitting, don't suppose anyone else heard that?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

there is a january sitting in 2010 but not in 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

I e-mailed the ICAI asking about repeats and they sent me the following response:

"Students who are registered to sit their finals in September and are
    unsuccessful will have the opportunity to re-sit these exams in 2010.

The repeat sittings will take place in May and December 2010.

I hope this clarifies the matter!

Kind regards
    Ann Marie"

So no joy, those of us whose contracts finish in March / April will be out begging for a few months while waiting for repeat results...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

Locomotion wrote: »
    I e-mailed the ICAI asking about repeats and they sent me the following response:

"Students who are registered to sit their finals in September and are
    unsuccessful will have the opportunity to re-sit these exams in 2010.

The repeat sittings will take place in May and December 2010.

I hope this clarifies the matter!

Kind regards
    Ann Marie"

So no joy, those of us whose contracts finish in March / April will be out begging for a few months while waiting for repeat results...

I always hated that Ann Marie one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Accountant spud

dont worry about the results they will be grand,

im hoping to see my name on the prizewinners list.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 13 soft landing

Have to admire your confidence spud. You might give me a few grinds for the repeats on Saturday week!

Friday 13th is getting closer. best of luck

I heard a rumour that the pass rate this year is down alot, prob just the icai trying to make money from the repeats, anyone else here this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 soft landing

Who from? thought it would be the other way round that they would want everyone out the door since theres a new syllabus but you wouldn't know with them.

A feed of pints on Thurs night would soften the blow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Interyurauldone

Don't worry, you're not alone! I'm so so worried about the results, especially Financial and MABF..

But fingers crossed it'll go our way!

Snap! Financial and my old enemy MABF have me worried. I blame Tom Kennedy of UL for my deep hate of all forms of management accounting!!:D

Hopefully the pass rate will be higher then last year and we'll scrape by.

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

Come lads lets face it those finals this year were grand, (compare to previous years)
    believe me i should know its been my third sitting
    but this time i'm feeling confident:cool:

Wud have to agree with running balance on that, tho havnt had the joy of sitting them for the third time!! They did seem handy this year had quick look over the past papers few days before the exams, Lets face it there not the hardest exams to get no offence running balance

I Guess it doesn't matter when we pass out, there are no jobs in ireland
    i have a small contracting business on the side more of a summer thing and its the only thing thats keeping me going these days,
    my contract was up 6 months ago..:eek:

Thats okay for you running balance, but look at all the D4 students what are they going to do with themselves for the next ten years, they wont be able to break into that sector;):mad::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Dreading them, sleepless nights with worry!
    At this stage I just wish I knew

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Yeah i just want to get the results and be done with it

Far to long to be waiting I think, gona be a long week in work as well

Just had a read of the DCASS (or what ever they are called now) FAE report, their comments seem about right, i had similar feelings coming out of the exams

faereport2009.doc

Overall defin a very fair year, with nothing to abstract or difficult in the exams

Sure i'll guess we'll see Friday.

Getting trashed in Diceys on Thurs nite so hopefully sleep wont be an issue Thursday night

Cant believe the results are up already, nice one got all of them!:)

Hey spud are you sure they are out already,
    thou i did hear a rumour that some few who sat them in limerick and waterford received some of theire reults last friday,
    can anyone confirm

Ya one person i know in limerick received them on Friday in the post, dont know about any of the other centres tho,

• Advertisement

Cant believe the results are up already, nice one got all of them!:)

Blatant lies and not good form in the week thats it in

Scan a copy of ur results and upload or else it didnt happen (i know there is some smart acronym for this but i cant think what it is)

Crapmanjoe you seem like a person thats under serious pressure, must be very worrried!!:eek:

Yeah it seems accounting spud is taking through his cake hole..
    i guess 'rumours' will always arise this close to the results.
    only 90 hours left..

Crapmanjoe you seem like a person thats under serious pressure, must be very worrried!!:eek:

Not at all, no pressure at all

Actually looking forward to a nice cushy week in work before getting the results on Friday.

Just dont think its good form getting people into a panic by pretending that the results are already out

If there stupid enough to believe it thats there own look out!

If there stupid enough to believe it thats there own look out!

Ha - yeah thats fair enough I guess!

No point stressing at this stage, if someone has to repeat so be it, repeats on in late May so at least they dont have to wait till September like other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭viconia

Snap! Financial and my old enemy MABF have me worried. I blame Tom Kennedy of UL for my deep hate of all forms of management accounting!!:D

Hopefully the pass rate will be higher then last year and we'll scrape by.

Best of luck to all.

Tom Kennedy screwed us over big time. I went intothe final exam in 4th year not nkowing what Contribution was... -_-

The results are out? I don't believe that and am with Crapmanjoe. Seems a bit far fetched someone getting their results early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭joint 11th

Who's going on the rip friday night?!

With the Ireland France game on saturday, its gonna be a week long bender!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Little Miss Cutie

Thursday night, friday all day til sunday evening after rubgy match :)

Advertisement