Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEKKEN 6 BR in Dublin, IRELAND 28th November

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

mantys wrote: »
    There will be tournaments at least every month.

@Newaglish: You did VERY good! If there is not enought good players to be pre-seeded, you'll be one of them! Definitely!

Newaglish should be the fourth seed for the next tournament, unless the top three players don't turn up then he'll be top seed.

People who didn't show up this time should have lost their automatic seeding.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mantys, if you're going to put on a monthly tournament I would respectfully ask you keep an eye on this forum in future, alot of the lads play both Tekken and SF and clashing tournaments would be very bad for all concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

This is to announce the next tournament in Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion.

Date: 12th December, 2009; 15:00 sharp start, registrations between 14:00 untill 15:00
    Place: XGC, Dublin
    Entrance fee: 10 euro

Possibly pre-seeded players:
    1) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    2) Kuror <TMD>
    3) God-fisted Kaz
    4) Newaglish

The format will be the same with these changes:
    - groups will play first to three (as some players didn't get enough games and were emilinated too soon)
    - prize pot will be divided this way: 3rd place will get his entrance fee back (at least), 2nd place and 1st place will divide the prize 25%+75%
    -losers from loser's brackets can play additional games to get proper final standings

The date 12th December should be final, as Christmas is coming and so on.

List at the moment:
    1) Firestarter
    2) Mantys (org)
    3) ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

You should make a new thread mantys, so people don't think we're still posting about the old tournament. Mods split this possibly?

Definitely needs a new thread and to be honest, a comp every two weeks is probably a bit much.

Best to give everyone plenty of time, particularly those who just played a comp last weekend and will give you time to get more people to turn up.

Just playing a single match in the group stages with two groups and best of five matches in the double elim (which was only top 8 and not 16) took us to about half five, so I'd be wary of having every group match be a best of three matches.

Mantys, you should probably come to the XGC this Saturday to see how the Street Fighter comp is run as there'll probably be between 25 and 30 participants.

It'll give you a good idea of how long it takes to run everything and the best way to organise it.

Edit: Just posted this over on Tekken Zaibatsu too so hopefully he'll see it there.

• Advertisement

I will make a new one. I may come this Saturday, or may not. Not sure.

I was just thinking that Christmas is coming and people will be busy or something, so 12th December would be ok as we want to have it once a month. The following one would be at the end of January.:rolleyes:

mantys wrote: »
    I will make a new one. I may come this Saturday, or may not. Not sure.

I was just thinking that Christmas is coming and people will be busy or something, so 12th December would be ok as we want to have it once a month. The following one would be at the end of January.:rolleyes:

Probably best picking a few dates and starting a poll to see what date suits everyone best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I think 12th December makes the most sense - it's probably a little soon after our last tournament but we can't do it the weekend before Christmas, or Christmas itself. Or New Year's... so it's really the only viable weekend in December! And I think it's best to keep it up once a month to keep people interested.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If I can I will come along and film, what ever day you pick.

I don't see there being another ranbat before Christmas so I don't think 12th's a problem for most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement