Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEKKEN 6 BR in Dublin, IRELAND 28th November

Options
  • 19-10-2009 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Dublin thread about Tekken 6 BR.

Tekken 6 BR is going to be released on the consoles on 30th October!!! To celebrate this event, we invite you to take a part in our first monthly tournament in Tekken 6 BR!

Dates considered are 21st November or 28th November (exact date will be confirmed here!) so do not hesitate and come to meet new players, test your skills, try the new characters or watch the most devastating combos as the best players in Ireland meet for the first time to fight for a Tekken Title!

Player of ALL levels are WELCOME!!!

The tournament will take place in EXTREME Internet Cafe, 30/31 Lower Liffey Street, Dublin 1!!! Entrance fee will be confirmed here later, depending on the number of participants!

Tournaments will later take place on a regular basis every month depending on the number of players, Team Tournaments available as well!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

mantys wrote: »
    Dublin thread about Tekken 6 BR. Meet new players, come to tournaments to test your skills and to see the most devastating combos!

Who are these new players?

Where would one meet them?

Where and when are the tournaments held?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Rules (will elaborate later):

* first to 3
    * 60 seconds per round
    * first stage is random, loser chooses next one
    * everyone plays everyone, or single/double eliminations (depending on the number of players)
    * PS3 version
    * maybe you'll be required to bring your own controller
    * shoulder buttons allowed
    * if Azazel is pick-able= he's banned (therefore Mokujin as well)

For any other information, do not hesitate to mail me

mantys@tekken.cc

or to chat, look at
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com, go to forums, Europe match finder, King of Iron Fist Tournament Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

1st to say i'll be there, if i can use my stick

After everything goes good, tournaments will be held every month on a regular basis. There is no sponsors at the moment, that will be sorted out later. If you know about any, do post it here or mail me. :D

Especially Irish players are welcome to form an Irish Team if possible.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

* everyone plays everyone

That will take forever if you get a decent number. For example at the last street fighter tourney 25 people showed up. Now my maths could be wrong but assuming each match is 3-1 then thats 2400 games that need to be played. And from there it seems like it would quite tough to decide winners and what-not. I would highly advise a groups into single/double elim brackets.

Anyway if I'm not busy then I'll pop along to fill up numbers. Tekken is the 3-D one, right?

• Advertisement

All depends on the number of participants. If there is more than 10 players, we will use another system with elimination matches. No problem with that. Just keep posting your ideas here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Good luck with this, won't be entering myself, but anything that builds the Irish fighting game scene sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Yeah good luck with this, if I was anything more than a button basher at this I would consider it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I may enter this, depending on how good I can get my Jin going but regardless, I'm far from being any good at Tekken so will have to practice a bit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Good luck with this, won't be entering myself, but anything that builds the Irish fighting game scene sounds good to me.

+1

As I've never even played a round of Tekken on any format this wouldn't be for me.

Good luck though, hope it's successful for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Lets be honest, we'll be there playing SF on the day anyway guys :D

Good luck with this. I know a few tekken people so I will pass on the word. Not my game though!

Lets be honest, we'll be there playing SF on the day anyway guys :D

Speaking of which, maybe some kind cross-game competition between the two sets of players?

Also mantys you should PM Sabre0001 here or contact him through esports.ie. When you have a full set of rules and everything is set then you can get a good notifiction on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Does "First to 3" mean 1 match, best 3/5 rounds; or best 3/5 matches?

Anyway, I'll jump in, might as well test my Saulabi with this game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

HMUYA wrote: »
    Speaking of which, maybe some kind cross-game competition between the two sets of players?

Also mantys you should PM Sabre0001 here or contact him through esports.ie. When you have a full set of rules and everything is set then you can get a good notifiction on the website

Good to know the constant harrassment works! :D

🤪

Would probably be horribly unfair, as our game has been on general release long enough for most of us to become pretty competent at it...

yeah, we should definitely do this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Tekkan is not my game, but might pop down on the day and have a nose.

OK guys, as this is a first tournament ever I organize myself, I decided to limit the number of participants to 16!

Here is the list at the moment:
    1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Mantys
    4) ReddragonJack
    5)...

If you are interested, please post your nick name and a the mostly character you'd play in the tournament.

I had to do this cut, because I don't want things to get out of my hands during the first tournament. I hope you understand.
    I will set the rules and the date of the tournament later on this page or on www.tekkenzaibatsu.com

OK guys, as this is a first tournament ever I organize myself, I decided to limit the number of participants to 16!

Here is the list at the moment:
    1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Mantys
    4) ReddragonJack
    5)...

If you are interested, please post your nick name and a the mostly character you'd play in the tournament.

I had to do this cut, because I don't want things to get out of my hands during the first tournament. I hope you understand.
    I will set the rules and the date of the tournament later on this page or on www.tekkenzaibatsu.com

You should talk to Leprekaun or Azza, they've run tournaments before.

Also if you pm me closer to the day I will put up a forum announcement. As said before, anything which is good for the fighting game community this forums behind.

Same goes for anyone running a tournament btw.

RULES:

We are going to use double eliminations in this tournament. (Winner/Loser brackets)!
    What do you think? Any comments welcome!

RULES:

We are going to use double eliminations in this tournament. (Winner/Loser brackets)!
    What do you think? Any comments welcome!

With just sixteen players it'll be over very quickly and some people will only get two matches for their entry fee (how much will that be by the way?)

If you run two groups of eight and then a double elim for the top eight, it'd be better.

Not quite sure how many games that works out as so four groups of four might be more feasible.

• Advertisement

There will be two rounds of double eliminations, then a Final Round (winners) and Losers Round (losers) so everyone gets to play more matches. Free play and challenges available for the rest of the tournament!

There will be two rounds of double eliminations, then a Final Round (winners) and Losers Round (losers) so everyone gets to play more matches. Free play and challenges available for the rest of the tournament!

So you're running a triple elimination tournament then?

I hope you know how to work out those brackets!

If a player is eliminated for the second round, he'll drop to LOSER bracket (a special one) and they'll be allowed to play other LOSERS at the end, just to allow them to play more.:D
    The same goes for the winners, if it's not totally obvious...:D

And YES I can work the brackets!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

[insightful comment]Tekken is shit [/insightful comment]

If a player is eliminated for the second round, he'll drop to LOSER bracket (a special one) and they'll be allowed to play other LOSERS at the end, just to allow them to play more.:D
    The same goes for the winners, if it's not totally obvious...:D

And YES I can work the brackets!

Triple might take forever dude. I'd go with double.

also, thanks for the helpful comment, Sakura! :P

Would probably be horribly unfair, as our game has been on general release long enough for most of us to become pretty competent at it...

yeah, we should definitely do this :D

Ah but you never know. Some of their players may have been playing Street Fighter and could rock us, even with the mighty Guile Air-Throw.

Mantys that sounds very complicated. I would agree with chopper. I think the easiest way to do it would be to have 4 groups of 4 and have the top two from each group into an 8 man double elimination bracket.

I will put my name down but please note that I'm not very good. I'm just putting my name to try and fill numbers for you. If there is more interested people then you can go ahead and take my name off the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki (PSN:kikimaru024) -- Bryan FURY

Actually, four groups of four drawn randomly with everyone going through to a double elimination bracket could be done too.

The group standings could decide seedings for the elimination stage.

1st places play 4th places
    2nd places play 3rd places

Ah but you never know. Some of their players may have been playing Street Fighter and could rock us, even with the mighty Guile Air-Throw.

Mantys that sounds very complicated. I would agree with chopper. I think the easiest way to do it would be to have 4 groups of 4 and have the top two from each group into an 8 man double elimination bracket.

I will put my name down but please note that I'm not very good. I'm just putting my name to try and fill numbers for you. If there is more interested people then you can go ahead and take my name off the list.

Nothing beats the air throw!1!

Is Heihachi in this one? I guess if I was giving it a shot I'd rock good ol pointy hair.

• Advertisement

Chuns air throw sucks or I suck, I can never remember which.

I think Heihachi is in it but I'm not sure my knowledge is limited. Is he the granddad character?

Can someone tell me who a terry type character is? That's who I'll play.

Advertisement