Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEKKEN 6 BR in Dublin, IRELAND 28th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I PM'd that Mantys guy during the week to ask if he still needed help running it and have gotten no reply.

Looks like he hasn't even logged in to boards in about a month. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

So the first Tekken 6 Tournament is being pre-seeded?

No, I think he means those four will be in seperate groups so the "best" players won't eliminate each other early on in the tournament.

No, I think he means those four will be in seperate groups so the "best" players won't eliminate each other early on in the tournament.

Which is what pre-seeding is.

There are no official seedings yet, but the perceived best players are being kept apart.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Which is what pre-seeding is.

There are no official seedings yet, but the perceived best players are being kept apart.

Dude, even EVO will seed someone based on reputation.

If they did it in the next one, my eyebrow would raise.

Dude, even EVO will seed someone based on reputation.

If they did it in the next one, my eyebrow would raise.

Not complaining, just trying to find out how the decision was made a few weeks after the game came out.

• Advertisement

I don't know why I'm there, doctor doom was beating me in xgc last time and he doesn't even play t6. I think it's 'cause us four are involved in the scene more.

I don't know why I'm there, doctor doom was beating me in xgc last time and he doesn't even play t6. I think it's 'cause us four are involved in the scene more.

Uuuuh... I wasn't playing anything but SF last Sat dude.

Unless someone is impersonating me.

Again

Fair enough. I know Tekken Zaibatsu is the number one Tekken site, but you might want to tell that Mantys guy to log in here and keep his thread updated.

We're trying to build a fighting game community, not just a SF one.

Yup. I offered to put up announcements and stuff and he never got back to me. :(

And I bet we'll get called elitist SF snobs too!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Ok guys, I sometimes checked this, but I saw no new posts and some people posted on zaibatsu, so I did think people check zaibatsu.

Just to confirm:
    Seeding- This tournament is a first one, that's why I want the better players to be separated. I didn't see any players from your community to be of that level, that's why I considered these players as the better players. But anything can change this Saturday, I'd be actually amazed and kinda happy if a new player (the one I don't know personaly) won the tournament. :D
    SF4 noobs? - No way! As far as I know SF4 is more popular than Tekken. I would never even think about...thinking that. (or calling somebody a noob :eek:)

I'm not sure what's wrong with my English, but the guy in the XGC doesn't seem to understand words like "tornament", "attract people", "discount", "more money to the cafe", and so on. I'm gonna speak to him today for the last time. ;)

Here is the list for the moment:

1) The Domonator (*)
    2) God-fisted Kaz (100% +++)
    3) Ramza (100%)
    4) RedDragonJack (100% +++ org)
    5) Hmuya (*)
    6) K.O.Kiki
    7) Xinkai
    8) Leprekaun
    9) Triademan (K.O.I.F.) (100% +++)
    10) Tequila[Wings] (?)
    11) LUKASAN (?)
    12) Ken
    13) Hithere10
    14) Newaglish
    15) common_parlance
    16) Dave545
    17) Doctor DooM (*)
    18) Kuroro <TMD> (100% +++)
    19) Firestarter (100%)
    20) Mantys (* org)

* may not take part
    ? did not confirm further interest
    +++ pre seeded player
    org organizes and helps to organize

Pre-seedings:

A) God-fisted Kaz, ...
    B) RedDragonJack, ...
    C) Triademan (K.O.I.F.), ...
    D) Kuroro <TMD>, ...

Registrations begin at 14:00 till 15:00, when the tournament starts.And again, try to bring your copy of the game and a controller or stick.

• Advertisement

Yup. I offered to put up announcements and stuff and he never got back to me. :(

And I bet we'll get called elitist SF snobs too!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

mantys wrote: »
    3) Ramza (100% org)

Yo dude why does my name say org? I didn't help to organise in any way :confused:

See you guys tomorrow! :cool:

I'm not sure what's wrong with my English, but the guy in the XGC doesn't seem to understand words like "tornament", "attract people", "discount", "more money to the cafe", and so on. I'm gonna speak to him today for the last time. ;)

It's not you they're just really stupid in that cafe. The guy at the front desk seems to be in a constant state of confusement.

@Ramza: Oh god sorry. Should put it on RDJ.:o

@RDJ: Oh, probably. Last Wednesday we finished and he started to shout at me that we used two pads and he saw us on the camera. We paid only for one and the second one was John's.
    Kenz turned around and told him in Chinese that we didn't know that we have to pay even if you use your own pad and he told him that their pads are **** so we used our own. The guy didn't say anything. lol

I'm not a maybe. I will be in another country. I am good, but I am not THAT good. :)

@Ramza: Oh god sorry. Should put it on RDJ.:o

@RDJ: Oh, probably. Last Wednesday we finished and he started to shout at me that we used two pads and he saw us on the camera. We paid only for one and the second one was John's.
    Kenz turned around and told him in Chinese that we didn't know that we have to pay even if you use your own pad and he told him that their pads are **** so we used our own. The guy didn't say anything. lol

This is why the SF crowd bring their own sticks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I was playing against you I think, not Doom - but nah I think it was just Jack 6's awesomeness that won me those games. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Not complaining, just trying to find out how the decision was made a few weeks after the game came out.

If I do help then I plan to seed the groups on location.

You know seperate the Zaibutsu guys, anyone from the usual XGC crowd, newaglish (sp?) and his friends etc

GET HYPE!

Our first Tekken 6 BR Tournament is over with following results.
    11 players competed today and here are the final standings:

1st place: Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    2nd place: Kuroro <TMD>
    3rd place: God-fisted Kaz

4th place: Newaglish
    5th places: Dave 545
    Common Parlance
    7th places: Firestarter
    Darktallent
    9th place: RedDragonJack
    10th place: Ramza
    11th place: K.O. Kiki

Congratulations to the Winner!!! Thanks to all who helped me on my first day!

Thanks to all who turned up.

Sorry about the format being a little different than advertised, but that's what happens when only half the people show up.

Hopefully there'll be more next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, lookit me.
    Dead last in standings for BOTH Sf4 & T6! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

10th place: Ramza

Ah well, I had a good time nonetheless! Was a good day had fun and congrats to Triademan! GGs to the lads I played today :)
    Sorry about the format being a little different than advertised, but that's what happens when only half the people show up.

Yeah :( I know me and RedDragonJack we're a little bummed about that but sure what can you do

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Do ye have brackets / list of results by any chance. Site is down at the moment (stupid server!), but should be up Monday and can do a post for eSports.ie then!

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Do ye have brackets / list of results by any chance. Site is down at the moment (stupid server!), but should be up Monday and can do a post for eSports.ie then!

Mantys has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Well... Kuroro got 2nd place and I got a perfect against him in the group stages... Does this make me the 2nd best tekken player?:D jk

ggs to all there, I had no idea the oki was so important in tekken 6, i mean I knew it was important, but come on... I was combo'd for half my lifebar, into tech trap, into wall, into other 50% of my lifebar:eek:... I really need to kick my SF habit of holding d/b whenever I get knocked down...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tekken's oki game is goddamn brutal, and has only gotten better/worse in every iteration (barring Tekken 5.0 (ARC/PS2), which was... well, broken. 5.1/DR was a good fix)

Funny thing that I noticed after playing my 4 Tekken matches though -- SFIV was running at WARP SPEED in comparison! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Just wanted to say thanks to Mantys for organising this. I did a good bit better than expected, thought I would be completely destroyed by everyone! Some of the players were really very good though, had a few absolute thrashings.

Keep us informed if there are any future tournaments or games!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Newaglish wrote: »
    Just wanted to say thanks to Mantys for organising this. I did a good bit better than expected, thought I would be completely destroyed by everyone! Some of the players were really very good though, had a few absolute thrashings.

Keep us informed if there are any future tournaments or games!
    The casuals are on pretty much every weekend and although most people will be playing SF there's definitely some crossover between the Tekkan and SF people. Should easily be enough people there most weekends to warrant renting a couple of consoles for Tekkan.

There will be tournaments at least every month.

@Newaglish: You did VERY good! If there is not enought good players to be pre-seeded, you'll be one of them! Definitely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Was any of this recorded or so?

I'd love to see some replays

Advertisement