Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEKKEN 6 BR in Dublin, IRELAND 28th November

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

HMUYA wrote: »
    Chuns air throw sucks or I suck, I can never remember which.

I think Heihachi is in it but I'm not sure my knowledge is limited. Is he the granddad character?

Can someone tell me who a terry type character is? That's who I'll play.

I second main Chun and her air throws pretty nasty too, sorry :)

Heihachi is indeed the grand-dad.

I think Paul is the munchy character in Tekken?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭mantys

Guys, actually Patrick (XTheWitchX) won the last SC4 tournament and he rocks online in SF4 as well. You can watch some of his videos on youtube.com, just type XTheWitchX.

The Winners/Losers brackets at the end will be there only for the players to play more games.
    There will be two teams of 8 players each, they'll play double elimination, and after there will be final 8 to play the second double elimination from them. Is that ok? To me it doesn't seem complivated.

@Doctor DooM: You should enter, it will be fun!

Here is the list at the moment:
    1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Mantys
    4) RedDragonJack
    5) Hmuya
    6) K.O.Kiki
    7) Xinkai
    8) Leprekaun
    9) ...

Not definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yeah, gotta tell Witch about this, he'll be ecstatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

mantys wrote: »
    The Winners/Losers brackets at the end will be there only for the players to play more games.
    There will be two teams of 8 players each, they'll play double elimination, and after there will be final 8 to play the second double elimination from them. Is that ok? To me it doesn't seem complivated.

It is complicated.

Needlessly so.

Two teams of eight???

Seriously, post up a spreadsheet or diagram of how the tournament will be played please.

OK. 16 player will be divided into two groups, let's say A and B. Both groups will play double eliminations. Players who were eliminated two times will drop to LOSER brackets. Players who won (4 from each group) will form FINAL Group and will play another double elimination. Remaining players will join LOSERS bracket for their matches(but they obviously don't matter, just to keep them playing).
    So after first double eliminations, there will be two new groups: LOSERS and WEINNERS. And they will play another double eliminations. So the winner from A group meets winner from B group, if they don't get eliminated, you never know. (bad match-ups happen:D)

• Advertisement

That still doesn't make sense.

If the groups are double elimination, then you have four winners after just one round of matches, but you say four "winners" from each group will go through(thus making it single elimination).

You've also said you drop to losers after two losses, that's triple elimination.

Seriously, diagrams are required here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

OK. 16 player will be divided into two groups, let's say A and B. Both groups will play double eliminations. Players who were eliminated two times will drop to LOSER brackets. Players who won (4 from each group) will form FINAL Group and will play another double elimination. Remaining players will join LOSERS bracket for their matches(but they obviously don't matter, just to keep them playing).
    So after first double eliminations, there will be two new groups: LOSERS and WEINNERS. And they will play another double eliminations. So the winner from A group meets winner from B group, if they don't get eliminated, you never know. (bad match-ups happen:D)

Okay. I see what you are doing but you do appear to over-complicating things with the LOSER bracket. If this doesn't matter then do not include it. As long as their is consoles available then people will continue to play. A losers bracket only makes sense if there is a chance for them to work their way back in the competition.
    The simple way to say it is you are running two qualifiers for an eight man double elim tournament. Each qualifier is a double elimination tournament which will give you players A1,A2,A3,A4 and B1,B2,B3,B4. Those numbers relate to their position in the qualifier and allows you to seed the main tournament.
    Now there is two problems with this system :
    1) It spilts the tournament and spilts your players. Some players don't feel like they are part of the "main" tournament.
    2) This system is only good for the best players. For the worst players (the one who loses everything) he gets to play TWO actual tournament games.

Now Chopper posted a great system for a 16 man tournament.
    4 groups of four. Everybody plays in the group in order to build a seeding for the double elimination part.
    Every player goes into the 16 man double elimination tournament and dukes it out for the big prize.

If we contrast ths with the problems from the original system:
    1) Everybody is part of the main system. No division everyone playing for the same goal.
    2) Most important, in this system the worst player gets to play FIVE games that are competitive.

If you really want to run this monthly you need to encourage the worst players. The players who are good and win will most likely come back again. However the bad player needs to see that it can fun. He needs to be invested in the tournament. That will not happen with two games in a qualifier tournament.

I mean this to come across in a constructive manner. By all means run the tournament any way you want but this is my two cents on your format.

HMUYA thank you thank you thank you! Finally somebopdy understands! I just wanted the losers to play more.
    That 4x4 is much better. Can you explain it more? Thank you so much, I'll probably have to do it that way, so everbody can play.

HMUYA thank you thank you thank you! Finally somebopdy understands! I just wanted the losers to play more.
    That 4x4 is much better. Can you explain it more? Thank you so much, I'll probably have to do it that way, so everbody can play.

Everyone is drawn randomly in four groups of four.

Everyone in Group A plays each other.

Same for Groups B, C and D.

You use the standings from these groups to decide who plays who in the first round of double elimination.

Everyone who finished first in their group will play all the fourth place finishers.

The second place finishers will play the third place finishers.

Then the double elimination bracket just plays itself out.

What Chopper said. This will be especially easy if you can get the 16 players before the day of the tourney as you can have the groups ready to run.

• Advertisement

This is the list so far:

6 PLACES REMAINING!

1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Mantys
    4) RedDragonJack
    5) Hmuya
    6) K.O.Kiki
    7) Xinkai
    8) Leprekaun
    9) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    10) Tequila[Wings]
    11) ...

If there is 17 players, I will withdraw from the tournament as I will have more time to administrate things and one more player will have a chance to play.;)

Date is 28th November, 15:00 SHARP; registrations for remaining places 10-15 minutes sooner!!!

5 PLACES REMAINING!

1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Mantys
    4) RedDragonJack
    5) Hmuya
    6) K.O.Kiki
    7) Xinkai
    8) Leprekaun
    9) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    10) Tequila[Wings]
    11) LUKASAN
    12) Ken
    13) ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

Put me in for this haveing played tekken inyears last one was tag on the ps 2

If there is 17 players, I will withdraw from the tournament as I will have more time to administrate things and one more player will have a chance to play.;)

Date is 28th November, 15:00 SHARP; registrations for remaining places 10-15 minutes sooner!!!

Mantys if there is extra players then I will drop out and help you run the tournament if you want. As I said I won't be the best player so it's better better players like yourself get to play.

Also I'm fairly certain that Doom wants to play in this tournament, so you should probaly put his name down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Can I put down Newaglish (probably Asuka Kazama) and common_parlance (Lee Chaolan)?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Honestly, you shouldn't have a limit on how many people can enter. Just make some of the groups a 5-person group, the first stage will bring it to 8 players regardless.

ANd also one more non-boardsie (Dave545) who will be playing as yet an undecided character!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Honestly, you shouldn't have a limit on how many people can enter. Just make some of the groups a 5-person group, the first stage will bring it to 8 players regardless.

Yeah don't have a limit, just let the top 16 players go through. The people in the larger group will be getting an extra game anyway.

HMUYA wrote: »
    Mantys if there is extra players then I will drop out and help you run the tournament if you want. As I said I won't be the best player so it's better better players like yourself get to play.

Also I'm fairly certain that Doom wants to play in this tournament, so you should probaly put his name down.

mantys I would take this offer.

I don't want to confirm I can play til I find out if I will be in Germany or not :D

No problem guys, I am increasing the number to 20 as I believe that some players will not show up anyway. :D

3 PLACES REMAINING!

1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Mantys
    4) RedDragonJack
    5) Hmuya
    6) K.O.Kiki
    7) Xinkai
    8) Leprekaun
    9) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    10) Tequila[Wings]
    11) LUKASAN
    12) Ken
    13) Hithere10
    14) Newaglish
    15) common_parlance
    16) Dave545
    17) Doctor DooM
    18) ...

There will be 4 groups of 5 players before double eliminations.

Help is welcome here! :eek:

• Advertisement

If I'm there on the day and a spot is available I'll play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Any definate date? Any specific rules / details that people need to be aware of - cost, prize, etc? Just so I can get that post going for you...If you do get the interest, will there be even more spots made available?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

Good work guys, this tourney should be fun.

Place: EXTREME Internet Cafe, 30/31 Lower Liffey Street, Dublin 1

Game and format: Tekken 6 BR, PS3 version, 5x4 (20 players of 4 groups, double eliminations, first to three)

Entrance fee: 5 euro

Bring your own controller or stick. Wireless controllers and sticks are banned (unless battery removed; use a cable)

Final Boss rules apply. (If Azazel is pick-able, he is banned and Mokujin as well!)

75% of money goes to the Winner, 25% fees to the cafe.

Rules (will elaborate later):

* entrance fee is 5 euro
    * first to 3
    * you can't change your character between matches with the same opponent, but you can change your character for any other opponent
    * 60 seconds per round
    * first stage is random, loser chooses the next one
    * s2 rounds of double eliminations, Winners Round and Losers Round at the end, so everyone will get to play more games (depending on the number of players)
    * PS3 version
    * maybe you'll be required to bring your own stick or controller (wireless controllers banned unless battery removed)
    * shoulder buttons allowed
    * if Azazel is pick-able= he's banned (therefore Mokujin as well)
    * free play and challenge play afterward!
    * players who come late and there is no places left will not be allowed to participate i the tournament; if there is places left, no problem with late comers

On the floor rules:

* players who do not show up for their match and all other players finished their matches, those players lose that match and drop to losers brackets
    * players who are constantly late lose the tournament and leave the tournament immediately (no dicking around, seriously)
    * there is no pinching or talking to playing players allowed (don't wanna deal with "I lost a round because he started to talk to me" ****!)
    * no stupid talking to your opponent (no "you play cheap!", "you suck" or all that crap!)
    * IMPORTANT!!! You are NOT allowed to press the START button during the match unless you tell your opponent that you are going to reconfigure your shoulder buttons(you may do that only at the beginning of the round and you have to tell your opponent!)or any other relevant reason! If a player presses the START button during a match where your opponent is in the middle of an attack move or an aerial combo, you lose that particular round; if you do that again, you lose the match!
    * all other rules of serious adult mature behavior :D

No PLACES REMAINING!

1) The Domonator
    2) God-fisted Kaz
    3) Mantys
    4) RedDragonJack
    5) Hmuya
    6) K.O.Kiki
    7) Xinkai
    8) Leprekaun
    9) Triademan (K.O.I.F.)
    10) Tequila[Wings]
    11) LUKASAN
    12) Ken
    13) Hithere10
    14) Newaglish
    15) common_parlance
    16) Dave545
    17) Doctor DooM
    18) Kim Long [K.O.I.F]
    19) Kuroro <TMD>
    20) Serval <TMD>

If there is more players interested, I and some other players will drop from the tournament, so more people have a chance to play. If you are interested in helping me with this tournament, I will be glad. :D

Good luck to everyone!:rolleyes:

Which date is it? :)

🤪

Wait a minute - we're not allowed wireless controllers? Is there another type? Is this a bit of a noobie question?

Newaglish wrote: »
    Wait a minute - we're not allowed wireless controllers? Is there another type? Is this a bit of a noobie question?

Wired ;)

🤪

I didn't know they existed for the PS3! Durrr

• Advertisement

Two things;

1) I may not be in the country, I cannot garantee I can play.

2) Just for my information, why the wirelass pad ban? Some kind of haxx old skewl DooM wouldn't have encountered? :P

Advertisement