Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neo geo

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,581 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

corblimey wrote: »
    Tuh, nice enabling there, CiDeRmAn. Apart from fighters though (and Metal Slug) any standout titles? I've always been of the opinion that the neo-geo (and the Saturn to some degree) was inundated with 2d fighters, a genre I can really take or leave (and mostly leave). Considering its pedigree, it's completely understandable, but am I wrong?

The largeset genre of games for the system is 2d fighters alright. (Some of the best ever made) However, you can build up a very nice collection of great games without having many fighters in it.

I have almost 40 MVS carts now and would say about 10 are fighters. The rest are a mix of mainly shooters, side scrolling beat em ups, puzzle games and a few sports games. So there's a good mix in there whatever the mood.

It's worth getting into for some of the shooters alone though. Blazing Star, Pulstar, The Metal Slug games & Shock Troopers. Actually the first Shock Troopers is nearly as good as the Metal Slug series.

Plus as ciderman was saying, it's nice to collect for a console that actually has a small number of games. So one day you should reach a point where you have your perfect Neo Geo collection. I'm close to it myself! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You should buy a Nuon so, only thing worth getting is Tempest 3000!
    I should know, I spent around 350 or so on the two!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I swear if my Supergun does not arrive tomorrow I may go a tad mental... I have everything here ready to be hooked to the fcuking supergun for nearly three weeks!

Master of the Universe

Any word when it's being shipped?

I remember reading that there used to be awful trouble waiting on those superguns. They said he'd gotten it together though and had a surplus of them.

Must have run out of parts!

he is waiting for cash to clear as of last week to pay for shipping them etc. They were meant to be shipped last Monday... Here is hoping for tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems no one wants to buy my lovely MVS games :(
    Ho Hum...

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=164807

Master of the Universe

:( That's a shame.

I suppose you do forget how obscure things like this are though, especially in a small country like Ireland.

The Last Blade and SHO2 are two of the best 2d blade fighters ever made. But I would imagine the vast majority of people in good oul Eire have never even heard of them.

I think it will be xmas eve before my supergun arrives, over a month now. Wish he would just state upfront a long wait , rather than show multiple of each one available.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

Hi o1s1n it is a pal version as far as I know and the games are

Fatal Fury Special
    KOF 94
    Samurai Showdown 2
    Art of Fighting 2

I have it up on adverts but am not sure what I should be realistically looking for it

o1s1n wrote: »
    Is it a European or Japanese/American model? The Japanese one is most desireable after as it has no censorship & full 60hz speed.

Also what are the games?

Master of the Universe

It's a hard one to judge. Keep an eye on this and see how much it goes for -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEO-GEO-AES-with-Fatal-Fury-Special-Art-of-Fighting-2_W0QQitemZ260511612633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item3ca7b3bed9

It's based in Japan so will sell for less than yours will be worth. As the person has to factor in the postage too.

As a comparison, I bought an AES from Japan with one controller for 120 euro including postage.

On average, controllers are worth about 30 euro on their own. Your games are all in the 20-30 euro bracket.

So then -

Console and controller, about 150€
    80-100 € for the games.

So €250 separately. (You were spot on with your price)

Although, When you put items together they sell for less. So, realistically...€220? Whether you'll get that in Ireland I don't know, as the market for such things is tiny. So you may have to factor that in and reduce the cost again...depends how much you want to get rid of it.

I'm not really the person to be asking as I know a lot more about Neo Geo MVS stuff than AES, but I think that's a fair enough estimation.

Good luck with the sale! If I were you I would watch ebay prices for a little while before settling on a definite price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

Cheers mate.

I used the price as a guide but of course would be open to a lower price (maybe €200 or even a little less). As you mentioned, theres a small market for this in Eire. Im only really selling as I`m awaiting delievery of a consolised MVS system.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's a hard one to judge. Keep an eye on this and see how much it goes for -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEO-GEO-AES-with-Fatal-Fury-Special-Art-of-Fighting-2_W0QQitemZ260511612633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games?hash=item3ca7b3bed9

It's based in Japan so will sell for less than yours will be worth. As the person has to factor in the postage too.

As a comparison, I bought an AES from Japan with one controller for 120 euro including postage.

On average, controllers are worth about 30 euro on their own. Your games are all in the 20-30 euro bracket.

So then -

Console and controller, about 150€
    80-100 € for the games.

So €250 separately. (You were spot on with your price)

Although, When you put items together they sell for less. So, realistically...€220? Whether you'll get that in Ireland I don't know, as the market for such things is tiny. So you may have to factor that in and reduce the cost again...depends how much you want to get rid of it.

I'm not really the person to be asking as I know a lot more about Neo Geo MVS stuff than AES, but I think that's a fair enough estimation.

Good luck with the sale! If I were you I would watch ebay prices for a little while before settling on a definite price.

Advertisement