Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam Marathon 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

I booked the restaurant that was first on Pug's sisters list: http://www.duetonino.nl/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=16&Itemid=31 for the 5 people I am heading over with for 8 o'clock.

Looks the job. Solid predicatable menu too. I think I'll book something there for 7pm. Anyone else interested? I can do a group booking in the morning if anyone is on.
    Is it Paddy Murphys we are meeting on the Sunday? Might be hard for me to drag 5 people to wherever it is you guys are meeting up but that would be good.

Sounds good Misty. And you have to show up on Sunday evening - five people or not. Your boards mates will need to hear your success story.

I'll also show up there on Saturday in the afternoon after the Expo but will head for grub at 7.

Here's the location map for the pub. The address is
    Rodezand 15
    3011 AM Rotterdam
    World Trade Center
    0031 (0)10 411 0078
    Hope you lot aren't going nuts.
    Yes, I am going nuts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Looks the job. Solid predicatable menu too. I think I'll book something there for 7pm. Anyone else interested? I can do a group booking in the morning if anyone is on.

Count me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Best of luck to all doing Rotterdam on Sunday. I will be suffering in Support down the road in Paris.

Heres a bit of inspiration for keeping a sensible even pace

Rod Dixon New York '83

T runner wrote: »
    Best of luck to all doing Rotterdam on Sunday. I will be suffering in Support down the road in Paris.

Rod Dixon New York '83

Excellent - some real gems. Especially "the most important thing with the marathon is to run your plan, not somebody else's. You've got to be a winner at your race and on your plan"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

T runner wrote: »

Rod Dixon New York '83

Cheers, good video that, same commentator as the prefontaine films!

Injury update; I did a run this morning and the back felt fine, took it handy early on then picked it up the last km, i should be ok for sunday, will definitely travel now anyway.

Is anyone getting the ryanair flight to eindhoven tomorrow from dublin, or the ryanair flight back from eindhoven to dublin on monday?

• Advertisement

Fantastic news Brian. Well done lad.
    Strained my own back last night doing a few sit-ups - didn't sleep too well on it but ran 4 miles OK this morning.

I'm going out from Cork so I won't be on Ryanair.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Dublin to Schiphol at 9 something on Saturday for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

Injury update; I did a run this morning and the back felt fine, took it handy early on then picked it up the last km, i should be ok for sunday, will definitely travel now anyway.

That's great news. It's terrible to see someone come unstuck at such a late stage.

I am travelling early tomorrow so probably wont be able to post much after this evening. Hopefully put a few faces to the cyber names over the weekend. In terms of spotting one another in Paddy Murphys for those of us too shy to post a mug shot, other than wearing pink fluffy hats, has anyone any suggestions. I suppose if we were to ask the barman had anyone else from boards arrived he/she would eventually put us together. That way the first person would get a polite 'no' and the next arrivals would get promptly directed to the appropriate huddle!

For those of you who have contributed over the last few months whom I don't get to meet on Saturday thanks and good luck on Sunday.

For the Saturday we'll be the people not drinking beer so should be easy to spot in an Irish bar. :D

A relaxed KentuckyPete on the lovely sunny day before Eireman last year. I looked a bit different 24 hours later :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Moycullen1

robinph wrote: »
    For the Saturday we'll be the people not drinking beer so should be easy to spot in an Irish bar. :D

Good point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Best wishes to the Rotterdam contingent. Its a great city and race and I hope you all live up to your expectations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Best wishes to the Rotterdam contingent. Its a great city and race and I hope you all live up to your expectations.

It's a great race and city, although a little part of me will always stress the second part of its name;)

Best of luck to you all, keep the head till 20 miles, and the fantastic supporters will help you home. Really looking forward to reading the reports.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Best of luck guys. Looking forward to the race reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Best of Luck everyone!!

Hope all goes well for ye, and u get ur times!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Is there anybody flying Aer Lingius to Amsterdam on Saturday at 11.45am?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,507 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

+1. Hope you all have a great race and hit your race goals.

Count me in.

OK robinph, we're sorted for grub tomorrow night. Due Tonino is booked for 7pm :pac:. Did you give out your mobile? Can you PM it to me?

Meanwhile, can't shake off this back pain... here's hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

04072511 wrote: »
    Is there anybody flying Aer Lingius to Amsterdam on Saturday at 11.45am?

Me and the OH are, yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Best of luck to everyone running on Sunday. I'm heading over anyways to soak up the atmosphere, and will be cheering everyone on. Hope to get back into some sort of training, but after been so deflated the last 6 weeks, hoping to get some inspiration and motivation back after Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Best of luck to everyone doing the Rotterdam marathon. Hope it all goes according to plan for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ye, I'll also be on that flight tomorrow morning at 11.45am from Dublin with aer fungus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

My buddy is over there now. Humid and sunny, no wind. Over and out.

So am I on my own on the 9:45am one from DUB then? :(

My buddy is over there now. Humid and sunny, no wind. Over and out.

Don't forget the sun cream.

Don't forget the sun cream.

Windfinder forecast (here) is 9 degrees for race time. Wind to swing around to North-Easterly (it's Westerly today) to cool the temp between now and Sunday.

12km/hr max wind.

weather.com says 12 degrees.

Sounds like suncream and long sleeve to cover all options :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

I'm sitting in my sisters flat in Rotterdam as I type.

Picked up my number earlier today and the expo was a bit of a disappointment I have to say. Not many stands and not much of interest apart from some cheap running gear at one or two stands.

Weather is very nice, today was pretty much ideal running weather not too hot not too cold nice and dry with a cooling breeze. It'd be great if it stayed that way for another few days.

We too are booked into Duo Tonino for 7pm on Saturday :D I'm told it's a small place so it's pretty fir to say I'll see my fellow boardsies there ;)

Not sure if I could have got a hotel room closer to the start/ finish:

4507205851_0d02e5f18c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Peckham

Not sure if any of you will see this before the race tomorrow, however I hope that each of you get what you deserve (and a bit more!).

Will be scanning the results for names I recognise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

Not sure if I could have got a hotel room closer to the start/ finish:

4507205851_0d02e5f18c.jpg

Your welcome :D

Best of luck everyone, gutted not to be there, looking forward to the reports.

Advertisement