Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti artist in carlow???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

foggy_lad wrote: »
    People that do this generally have little or no respect for the law.

Again, statistics for this.
    You can't just come out with something like this to support your argument, it's ridiculous.

I'm done responding here until you come up with something to support any of the crap you've posted in here so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭questioner

i think what hes probably referring to is the theory of the broken window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

If you as a graffiti "artist" continuously break the law by painting or tagging private property which you have no right or permission to interfere with it could well be stated that you were in utter contempt of the law now and would continue to be so for the foreseeable future. It does not take fact just simple common sense, if yo break the law while knowing you are breaking the law you have no respect for the law!
    SV wrote: »
    You can't just come out with something like this to support your argument, it's ridiculous.

I'm done responding here until you come up with something to support any of the crap you've posted in here so far.

If you as a graffiti "artist" continuously break the law by painting or tagging private property which you have no right or permission to interfere with it could well be stated that you were in utter contempt of the law now and would continue to be so for the foreseeable future. It does not take fact just simple common sense, if yo break the law while knowing you are breaking the law you have no respect for the law!

Erm, no.
    The law is a very big thing here and just because someon disregards one does not mean they have a total disrespect for the law.

Do you want to back up that crap you posted about most of them going on to lead the lives of petty crime that they do? (god knows where you plucked that nugget of wisdom from)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

if I you or anyone else goes along and "tags" or paints the Mona Lisa on any wall without permission it is illegal and an act of vandalism.
    I don't think anyone is disputing that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ten_typek

whether they are in Carlow place where you can legally paint graffiti on the walls? I mean no captions, just real colorful graffiti. sorry for the translation (I use google translator: D) Here are some examples of my work:

x22h4n.jpg

311un0n.jpg

30j5vud.jpg

2n16wb8.jpg

foreign graffitti is not relevant at all considering different laws and cultures which may be more open to accept this blatant disregard for the laws of the land/state.

foreign graffitti is not relevant at all considering different laws and cultures which may be more open to accept this blatant disregard for the laws of the land/state.

So you don't have a response then?

Little fish grow to be big fish just as petty criminals move on to more serious crime it is a known fact of life!

Little fish grow to be big fish just as petty criminals move on to more serious crime it is a known fact of life!

No it isn't.
    Please educate yourself, it's pathetic at this stage the crap you come out with..

• Advertisement

No it isn't.
    Please educate yourself, it's pathetic at this stage the crap you come out with..
    if you dont like my posts and responses then why dont you just ignore them? as your petty sniping is not very nice to read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

ten_typek wrote: »
    whether they are in Carlow place where you can legally paint graffiti on the walls? I mean no captions, just real colorful graffiti. sorry for the translation (I use google translator: D) Here are some examples of my work:

Are they your walls? Were you approved to paint on them? If so, then kudos to you. If it's my wall then it's criminal damage, however talented you are.

Educate yourself.
    Stop spouting shíte on this forum without having a clue what you're talking about.
    Your ignorance knows no bounds.
    Might aswell go back to your hole.
    I know you don't have a clue what you're talking about, which, for this thread is all that matters.

And 'especially not with me', what does that comment mean eh?
    jesus tity fúcking christ man.
    ya can't be serious with half of this shíte you come out with can you?
    You really need to open your eyes a LOT.
    You're one of the most ignorant people I've come across on boards, and that's saying a lot.
    here's what you do for the night, learn what 'defaced' means.
    good boy.
    You have to be trolling.
    Either that or you're intentionally making the most retarded posts I've ever seen.

Statistics for that?
    Or is it just another one of your brainless posts?
    No it isn't.
    i have decided to ignore any post you make here or elsewhere as i am not retarded or brainless but educated perfectly well thanks.

zeds alive wrote: »
    You don't get it , you make the wall legal to draw on and attract real artists , not gobsh1tes who spray crap on walls like the images you posted.

You replace this
    DF759763AFBC441EB56B89FBDFF2F17E-800.jpg

With this

legal-walls-bristol.jpg

I used to put up pictures on walls with the sons of one of Leinsters most prominent barristers who them selves in turn are now barristers and also with the son of a recently retired Garda superintendent , haven't spoke to him in a while but last I heard he was working as a graphic designer in London... I myself went on to a carreer in IT(unemployed atm).
    Your generalizations about young people and whats around you don't carry any weight.
    i would love to see those well painted murals around carlow if done legally and hopefully with the cooperation of the local authority but i fear it would be finished a number of weeks when the locals would have it "tagged" out of existance and obliterated from view by their illegal pointless poorly spelt words and poorly drawn body parts.

if you dont like my posts and responses then why dont you just ignore them? as your petty sniping is not very nice to read

I find it very hard to ignore what you post, I can't simply let people come out with crap like that and let it slide.
    Do you think you can say what you want and people will just accept it without arguing it?
    i have decided to ignore any post you make here or elsewhere as i am not retarded or brainless but educated perfectly well thanks.

mmhmm..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

actually retardation has nothing to do with education, you can be educated and retarded at the same time.

actually retardation has nothing to do with education, you can be educated and retarded at the same time.

You are correct but in the context the word was used it implied a lack of intelligence

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SV/foggy_lad::

Jesus your both like two kids fighting over spilt milk! Take your bloody quibble over PM and let everyone else get on with the topic at hand.

</personal view>

Sully wrote: »
    SV/foggy_lad::

Jesus your both like two kids fighting over spilt milk! Take your bloody quibble over PM and let everyone else get on with the topic at hand.

</personal view>

What we're 'quibbling' about is to do with the topic at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

What we're 'quibbling' about is to do with the topic at hand.

really?

The topic as started by the OP
    Hi im looking for a pretty good graffiti artist in carlow who can help me design something, pm me if you can help at all and ill fill u in on the details. Cheers oh examples of work would be great too

I don't see how the argument ye too are having is about the topic at hand?
    Also ye both could (and you in particular SV) do with observing one of the most basic boards.ie rules: Attack the post and not the poster.
    Less of the comments about a particular poster and comment on their post.

• Advertisement

ShayK1 wrote: »
    really?

Also ye both could (and you in particular SV) do with observing one of the most basic boards.ie rules: Attack the post and not the poster.

Topics evolve. That's how forums work, always has and always will be! And sure yeah, noted.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    really?

maybe i have been biased in my own favour but have not seen where i have attacked any other poster in this thread, i have been insistant on unauthorised graffitti being vandalism pure and simple and that was the main point i was conveying.

i apologise to anyone that feels i attacked them personally or responded to their posts with too much aggression.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Right fair enough we'll draw a line under it and leave it at that. We don't mind the debate, we encourage it and its great to see the forum busy. All we(me, Shay and Sully) ask is to keep within the rules. No agressive posting, attacking the poster etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ten_typek

Are they your walls? Were you approved to paint on them? If so, then kudos to you. If it's my wall then it's criminal damage, however talented you are.

Yes, all paintings are pasted, are made by me and totally legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Legal walls for graffiti can be a thing of beauty

Glasgow1-600.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Legal wall for graffiti would be a good idea, saying that it could go bad =/

If a few GOOD graffiti artist's came a put something good on the wall, it would look good, But of course their's always going to be the scumbag's coming down and ruining it for everyone and drawing (badly) their name's over something that looked good.

It would probably end up as a spot to go for scumbags IMO, but if it was some how controlled then it would be a good idea.

*EDIT* To everyone saying "It's criminal damage" STFU! =P It's art. Fair enough if it's the **** that's randomly "Tagged" around Carlow currently.

Mister Man wrote: »
    Legal wall for graffiti would be a good idea, saying that it could go bad =/

If a few GOOD graffiti artist's came a put something good on the wall, it would look good, But of course their's always going to be the scumbag's coming down and ruining it for everyone and drawing (badly) their name's over something that looked good.

It would probably end up as a spot to go for scumbags IMO, but if it was some how controlled then it would be a good idea.

*EDIT* To everyone saying "It's criminal damage" STFU! =P It's art. Fair enough if it's the **** that's randomly "Tagged" around Carlow currently.
    and because the scumbags have permission to paint on a legal wall it will only encourage them to destroy other non legal walls, like they would care anyway!

and because the scumbags have permission to paint on a legal wall it will only encourage them to destroy other non legal walls, like they would care anyway!

Why do you think that grafitti artists(who are NOT scumbags) would want to destroy non legal walls and risk prosecution when they have a perfectly legal place to do it?

your logic..is..astounding.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Legendredhead

Woahhh, i've only come back to this thread now. its been months since i've seen it. Okay since then my tag has changed and is not rage anymore, and no i've never used that in town, at least not in carlow that is. I've seen another person using that tag, very very badly so i dropped it so i wouldnt be seen as a VANDAL. I want to make that very cleart to those of you who are riled by graffiti.
    There is a distinct difference between graffiti art, and vandalism.
    I for one never vandalise, its all art from me. No scrawled names or crudely drawn penises. I'm talking about vibrant murals and such.
    I'm only going to end up rambling here because frankly i'm angry at how some people judge me before they even see my work.
    have the decency to open your eyes to the artistic possibilities,
    not a one tracked mind towards scumbags n chavs scrawling crappy tags and whatnot.

This is a piece i've done (legally)
    http://revolution825.deviantart.com/#/d2wiloj
    bear in mind its not the best i can do..
    and for the record, illegal work can be just as good, it all depends though.

• Advertisement

If you put your artwork on a wall without permission no matter how good or bad it is still vandalism and illegal and deserving of prison sentences.
    Woahhh, i've only come back to this thread now. its been months since i've seen it. Okay since then my tag has changed and is not rage anymore, and no i've never used that in town, at least not in carlow that is. I've seen another person using that tag, very very badly so i dropped it so i wouldnt be seen as a VANDAL. I want to make that very cleart to those of you who are riled by graffiti.
    There is a distinct difference between graffiti art, and vandalism.
    I for one never vandalise, its all art from me. No scrawled names or crudely drawn penises. I'm talking about vibrant murals and such.
    I'm only going to end up rambling here because frankly i'm angry at how some people judge me before they even see my work.
    have the decency to open your eyes to the artistic possibilities,
    not a one tracked mind towards scumbags n chavs scrawling crappy tags and whatnot.

This is a piece i've done (legally)
    http://revolution825.deviantart.com/#/d2wiloj
    bear in mind its not the best i can do..
    and for the record, illegal work can be just as good, it all depends though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement