Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti artist in carlow???

Options
  • 12-10-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi im looking for a pretty good graffiti artist in carlow who can help me design something, pm me if you can help at all and ill fill u in on the details. Cheers oh examples of work would be great too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

What exactly do you have in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Bobby1984

If you hang out around the multi story car park you will find a graffiti artist.

PS i wouldnt hire him/her to do anything cause the job they done was pretty crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Legendredhead

Uhhhhm im relatively new to this site,.. im not sure of the ins and outs of everything,.. but i suppose im a sorta graffiti artist,.. what did you have in mind for being designed,..? just to let you know im only 14 but i can safely say it would be a tough job finding any guy better, at my age anyway,.. i dont mean to sound full of myself,.. :P
    I can show you some of my sketches if you like,..
    So uhhm fill me in if you can please,...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Did i see some of your work in Wexford recently. I think i might know you.

The cow-stick and watermelon thing? Rage,.. yeah that was me,.. that was terrible though,.. It got washed away,. i didnt even use paint,.. Is that jody or martin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its Martin.Welcome to boards Brian.

Alrighgty,.. thanks,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ten_typek

Hi, Is there anyone in Carlow who is responsible for professional painting graffiti? are there any places with graffiti? sorry for my English:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

ten_typek wrote: »
    Hi, Is there anyone in Carlow who is responsible for professional painting graffiti? are there any places with graffiti? sorry for my English:)

The Town Council is arranging to have many of the eyesores painted by college / schools to brighten the place up. - If you are looking to do something, maybe contact them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

graffitti "artists" are the scourge of this and most other towns costing hunfdreds of thousands of taxpayers money every year, they should be in no way encouraged but reported for the vandals they are!

• Advertisement

The cow-stick and watermelon thing? Rage,.. yeah that was me,.. that was terrible though,.. It got washed away,. i didnt even use paint,.. Is that jody or martin?
    Rage? is that your "tag" or mark?

i'm sure i have seen that painted on walls around the area and am sure the police would be interested in a chat if you were responsible for graffitti.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

foggy_lad wrote: »
    graffitti "artists" are the scourge of this and most other towns costing hunfdreds of thousands of taxpayers money every year, they should be in no way encouraged but reported for the vandals they are!

Educate yourself.
    Stop spouting shíte on this forum without having a clue what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

CoolStoryBro.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

he's completely right.. if you want to draw on a building or wall, get permission otherwise you're a vandal and quite possibly a scumbag.

he's completely right.. if you want to draw on a building or wall, get permission otherwise you're a vandal and quite possibly a scumbag.

How is he completely right?

There's a difference between a grafitti artist and a vandal.
    Just like the difference between modified car enthusiasts and 'boy racers', most people just can't tell the difference for love nor money.
    No matter what is said to them.

Yes there is a difference between them as long as the graffiti artist sticks to doing commissioned work but in most cases they are simply vandals that are able to make some money out of it but most of their work will be illegal.

As for modified car enthusiasts well as long as they have the front side windows tinted and display non-standard number plates and race around the town screaming the engines and causing noise pollution and generally breaking the law they are nothing more than thugs with no respect for the law or society.

Yes there is a difference between them as long as the graffiti artist sticks to doing commissioned work but in most cases they are simply vandals that are able to make some money out of it but most of their work will be illegal.

As for modified car enthusiasts well as long as they have the front side windows tinted and display non-standard number plates and race around the town screaming the engines and causing noise pollution and generally breaking the law they are nothing more than thugs with no respect for the law or society.

Your ignorance knows no bounds.
    Might aswell go back to your hole.

SV wrote: »
    Your ignorance knows no bounds.
    Might aswell go back to your hole.
    ignorance?

where/how am i being ignorant?

i have seen several of those "modified" death traps roaring around the streets of carlow putting lives at risk, are these not true enthusiasts? do true enthusiasts obey all parts of the road traffic act re number plates front and rear and tinted windows and roadworthiness after the suspension has been butchered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

To be fair Boy Racers buy their car junk in Halfords, wheras a "Modified Car Enthusiasts" buy over-priced car junk from the Internet. The difference between them to me is to be honest unclear anyway, they are both a nuisance on the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

kwalshe wrote: »
    To be fair Boy Racers buy their car junk in Halfords, wheras a "Modified Car Enthusiasts" buy over-priced car junk from the Internet. The difference between them to me is to be honest unclear anyway, they are both a nuisance on the roads.

"Boy racers" have cheap pieces of shíte of cars which they don't care much about so they drive around like retards, whereas enthusiasts pay good money for good stuff and don't drive around like retards, just because a car is loud doesn't mean it's being driven illegaly.

Ignorance here is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Then you've never seen or met a modified car enthusiast, clear as that to be honest.
    All you're seeing is boy racers and boyracers with money.

Then you've never seen or met a modified car enthusiast, clear as that to be honest.
    maybe you could enlighten me then with pictures of modified cars or enthusiasts? just because they are members of a club does not allow them ignore the law.

maybe you could enlighten me then with pictures of modified cars or enthusiasts? just because they are members of a club does not allow them ignore the law.

Who said they ignore the law?
    Or are you just making up stories to aid your argument?:rolleyes:

Enthusiast:
    3B0BDAE51B524A73AAFAAA7BE17E851D-800.jpg

Boy racer:
    5304410001_large.jpg

the blue one has no front number plate and there is nothing in either picture to say the exhausts on either are legal!

maybe we should open a new thread to discuss modified cars in carlow as it is not very appropriate to discuss it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

SV, You don't know me or anything about me . I'm not getting into an argument with you about cars etc in a thread called Graffiti artist in Carlow! , I really could'nt be bothered, especially with you..

the blue one has no front number plate and there is nothing in either picture to say the exhausts on either are legal!

maybe we should open a new thread to discuss modified cars in carlow as it is not very appropriate to discuss it here?

A lot don't in photoshoots, and you'd be hard worked to find a boy racer who can afford an Impreza.

Who ever mentioned exhausts.

kwalshe wrote: »
    SV, You don't know me or anything about me . I'm not getting into an argument with you about cars etc in a thread called Graffiti artist in Carlow! , I really could'nt be bothered, especially with you..

I know you don't have a clue what you're talking about, which, for this thread is all that matters.

And 'especially not with me', what does that comment mean eh?

Graffiti in its usual form is against the law here in Ireland as most "artists" do it wherever they like not caring about other peoples property or society in general who has to clean up after these wanna-be gangstas and rappa's

Graffiti in its usual form is against the law here in Ireland as most "artists" do it wherever they like not caring about other peoples property or society in general who has to clean up after these wanna-be gangstas and rappa's

jesus tity fúcking christ man.
    ya can't be serious with half of this shíte you come out with can you?

• Advertisement

They operate with the same type of attitude to law and social order as those that have non-standard number plates and heavily tinted windows on their cars, they are just a massive burden on society. But hey if you enjoy seeing your town and area destroyed by these mindless vandals that's fine but spare thought for your neighbours!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement