Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graffiti artist in carlow???

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 donna.b

thought those interested in graffiti would enjoy this also those on about vandalism, tax payers money wasted ect ect ect lighten up the legal graffiti can be beautiful so sit back relax and have a look at this http://photopostsblog.com/tag/amazing-graffiti/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Legendredhead

In fairness, illegally a crime it may be. But people like you sicken me. unable to see the good in anything.
    I hope soeday you open your eyes,
    good day to you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

This is a piece i've done (legally)
    http://revolution825.deviantart.com/#/d2wiloj
    bear in mind its not the best i can do..
    and for the record, illegal work can be just as good, it all depends though.

As soon as I buy a house, you are painting the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

This is a piece i've done (legally)
    http://revolution825.deviantart.com/#/d2wiloj
    bear in mind its not the best i can do..
    and for the record, illegal work can be just as good, it all depends though.

That's pretty impressive!

Thank you,
    I think i could do better if i had planned it out more and gotten more paint. I'll be adding to it anyway, maybe making a low-scale/doodle mural on the back of the shed. (:

As i'm only young i cant do much about the situation with graffiti in carlow
    I'd love to write to the council asking them to erect a legal wall of some kind for graffiti. maybe near the new visual gallery/george bernard shaw theatre
    I mean i know a handful of decent young lads who'd love to either give it a go or paint something productive or artistic. a legal wall would give us an actual chance to showcase what we can do with some effort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

The graffiti artists are showcased enough around Carlow thank you. Every street has some wall pole or doorway tagged or destroyed with vulgar imagery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

foggy_lad wrote: »
    The graffiti artists are showcased enough around Carlow thank you. Every street has some wall pole or doorway tagged or destroyed with vulgar imagery.

There isn't a single piece of grafitti in carlow done by a grafitti artist.
    Not in public that I've seen anyway.

So stop trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭zeds alive

Like I said before , you either have to be a master troll or you're so thick you totally miss the point of whats being discussed.
    questioner wrote: »
    i think what hes probably referring to is the theory of the broken window.

Yes , but the broken window theory was severely flawed and failed due to the fact it focused on the problem not the root cause and mainly focused on 'rich' or 'well to do' areas of towns and cites , so short therm visible gain to keep voters happy was offset by long therm problems.

zeds alive wrote: »
    Like I said before , you either have to be a master troll or you're so thick you totally miss the point of whats being discussed.

Yes , but the broken window theory was severely flawed and failed due to the fact it focused on the problem not the root cause and mainly focused on 'rich' or 'well to do' areas of towns and cites , so short therm visible gain to keep voters happy was offset by long therm problems.
    illegal behaviour by spoiled brats leads to nothing less than complete lack of respect for law and social order which has ireland half screwed! we might even survive the collapse of the economy were it not for the fortune these so-called artists are costing in cleaning up their vandalism and destruction.

illegal behaviour by spoiled brats leads to nothing less than complete lack of respect for law and social order which has ireland half screwed! we might even survive the collapse of the economy were it not for the fortune these so-called artists are costing in cleaning up their vandalism and destruction.

lol, ok yeah.
    definte troll.

No one is that stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Jesus...You sound like a 70 year old pensionior :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Really? Really?

Agreed , the billions they pour into cleaning graffiti around carlow could be better spent fueling the government jet or propping up Anglo

SV wrote: »
    lol, ok yeah.
    definte troll.

He's great , Obviously an Operating Thetan level nine

super-rush wrote: »
    Really? Really?
    the underpass that i posted pictures of was cleaned last year at a huge cost to the council, the cleaners were there for over two weeks cleaning the graffitti off the walls and the scumbags weren't long about destroying it again! so yes really! or do you think those two lads worked there for nothing with their vans and power washers and various industrial detergents and solvents?

the underpass that i posted pictures of was cleaned last year at a huge cost to the council, the cleaners were there for over two weeks cleaning the graffitti off the walls and the scumbags weren't long about destroying it again! so yes really! or do you think those two lads worked there for nothing with their vans and power washers and various industrial detergents and solvents?
    lol

Ok seriously foggy_lad you're just getting on my nerves,
    I wont stoop to your level of ignorance and reply to such blantant disregard for others views. I'll probably get banned if i express how i truly feel towards you. Just quit trolling.
    Ohh and as to you refering to me as a spoilt brat, I pay for all my supplies myself, im not spoilt i can assure you of that

And to the rest of you, if you feel the same way i do about possibilities for graffiti "ART" rather than vandalism in town then please help me do something about it. many thanks

Two weeks to clean it? Come on man, seriously. Seems to me that the huge costs were down to the job taking twice as long as it should have.

i have regard for your views and do think that some murals etc can be a wonderful addition to communities but it must also be said how people who have no respect for the same communities will use graffitti as a tool purely to damage and vandalise anything which is not theirs!

while posts like these can be amusing as well as insulting they add very little to my point about people who break the law by spraying or painting artwork tags etc etc onto property they do not own and have not permission to interfere with

SV wrote: »
    lol, ok yeah.
    definte troll.

No one is that stupid.
    Agreed , the billions they pour into cleaning graffiti around carlow could be better spent fueling the government jet or propping up Anglo

He's great , Obviously an Operating Thetan level nine

super-rush wrote: »
    Two weeks to clean it? Come on man, seriously. Seems to me that the huge costs were down to the job taking twice as long as it should have.
    because of the spraypaint and also thick markers used they had to use solvents on much of it which did not work well with the concrete mix in the structure and they had to treat it several times physically brushing the cleaning solution into the concrete than washing it off again and again! permenant marker is even more permenant when it can soak into stuff line concrete. even after the two weeks much of the permenant marker was left looking very faded but still a visible blot on our town.

also in that same general area recently all the fencing erected along the railway and at the back of new oak had to be welded together because vandals and scumbags were dismantling parts of t so they would have little "rat-runs" to escape guards angry dealers etc

while posts like these can be amusing as well as insulting they add very little to my point about people who break the law by spraying or painting artwork tags etc etc onto property they do not own and have not permission to interfere with
    I don't think anyone is disputing that.

:D

• Advertisement

because of the spraypaint and also thick markers used they had to use solvents on much of it which did not work well with the concrete mix in the structure and they had to treat it several times physically brushing the cleaning solution into the concrete than washing it off again and again! permenant marker is even more permenant when it can soak into stuff line concrete. even after the two weeks much of the permenant marker was left looking very faded but still a visible blot on our town.

The council got rode for that job , I have seen graffiti on a far bigger scale get removed in a matter of hours not weeks

Thread is going round in circles so if anyone has anything new to add do it quick. Thread is on its last legs.

I don't think it should be closed, I just think foggy_lad should be banned from it for his obvious trolling.

Maybe you should be banned for backseat modding.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement