Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but Kurt Angle is aiming to make the American team for the Olympics

http://www.mmaweekly.com/kurt-angle-says-he-almost-joined-the-ufc-now-aiming-for-2012-olympics

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rock confirms he'll be at Mania next year...

The Rock announced at Thursday's WrestleMania press conference that he will be appearing at next year's Mania in New York/New Jersey. It will mark three consecutive Mania appearances for Rock, who guest-hosted WM27 last year, will main-event WM28 on April 1, and will appear at next year's event.

-PWTorch

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but Kurt Angle is aiming to make the American team for the Olympics

http://www.mmaweekly.com/kurt-angle-says-he-almost-joined-the-ufc-now-aiming-for-2012-olympics

It was announced on TNA several months ago that he was planning to do it. Still dont expect him to actually go through with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It was announced on TNA several months ago that he was planning to do it. Still dont expect him to actually go through with it.

It's pretty clear at the very least he's going to attempt to qualify why else would he be training so hard and getting in such good shape

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Rock confirms he'll be at Mania next year...

The Rock announced at Thursday's WrestleMania press conference that he will be appearing at next year's Mania in New York/New Jersey. It will mark three consecutive Mania appearances for Rock, who guest-hosted WM27 last year, will main-event WM28 on April 1, and will appear at next year's event.

-PWTorch

Let the Rock Vs Undertaker rumours begin :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Charisteas wrote: »
    Let the Rock Vs Undertaker rumours begin :cool:

I wish:(

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I wish:(

You never know. Rock has said he's going to be on Raw the night after Wrestlemania, so he may issue a challenge then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

You never know. Rock has said he's going to be on Raw the night after Wrestlemania, so he may issue a challenge then.

And then feck off again for 7 months!

CMpunked wrote: »
    And then feck off again for 7 months!
    It'd be grand, Undertaker would do the same anyway. Have a little contest between the two to see who can show up the least :pac:

Don't expect Rock back full time after Mania, he's off to the UK and Germany to shoot the 6th and 7th Fast and Furious movies, filming starts in May.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/02/15/dwayne-johnson-fast-six-fast-seven/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+mtvmoviesblog+%28MTV+Movies+Blog%29

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 EKeaveney

Chris He-I mean Kassius Ohno has made his FCW debut on February 16th, working as a heel.

From PWInsider.com:
    Kassius Ohno, the artist formerly known as Chris Hero, debuted at FCW's house show in Tampa tonight, losing to Xavier Woods and laying him out after the match. I was told Ohno looked really good.

http://pwinsider.com/article/65938/hero-makes-wwe-developmental-debut.html?p=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Poor Creed is languishing down in developmental. I can see him being one of those guys that are just stuck down there for a very long time and he's so much better than that.

Thats not a good start for him. Woods never does anything of note. Cesaro beat him quite convincingly only recently.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

During Thursday’s WrestleMania 29 press event, John Cena teased a potential WrestleMania 29 re-match with the Rock. Here is what he had to say and the video below…

“It was a little awkward when we announced 28 the day after 27 – I didn’t know how that would work out – but here we are truly on the Road to WrestleMania with a feeling of excitement….

My boy, Dwayne, actually said he’s going to be here in some capacity for 29. After I beat his ass in Miami, he’s going to have to get a little retribution, so maybe we’ll have to do it again.”

Maybe Rock wins at WM , Cena wins at Summerlsam then rubber match at WM 29?

We noted over the weekend that WWE Champion CM Punk debuted a new look by shaving off his beard. Kevin Nash tweeted over the weekend that he was tired of his long, dark hair so he cut it all off. You can click here to view photos of Kevin Nash’s new look.
    001.jpg
    Rey Mysterio is currently in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Of course, that is the site of tonight’s WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

Mysterio will be appearing today from 2-4 at the Milwaukee World of Wheels convention at the Wisconsin Expo Center.

As of last word, Rey was not ready to return but it’s likely he’ll be backstage at the event. Mysterio was also backstage at last week’s RAW TV tapings.

Wrestlemania.com has Sheamus vs Bryan listed now.
    Last year, the scheduled U.S. Title rematch between Sheamus and Bryan was bumped from the WrestleMania pay-per-view and was witnessed only by the WWE Universe in attendance and those who purchased the home video. This year, the two will share the main event spotlight with the World Heavyweight Championship on the line. Find out who walks out of Miami as the champion April 1 at WrestleMania XXVIII, only on pay-per-view!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/sheamus-bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

CM Punk vs...........Chris Brown? Would pay to see that!

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/20/chris-brown-cm-punk-penis/#.T0Lq3vVVWuI

Would pay to see a Rihanna on a pole match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,056 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/20/chris-brown-cm-punk-penis/#.T0Lq3vVVWuI

According to TMZ, the 22-year-old also wrote another message which he appears to have deleted since.
    Brown is reported to have said: "@CMpunk needs more followers. He's such a leader! Not to mention the roids hes on has made it utterly impossible for him pleasure a women."
    CM Punk has always claimed in the past to have never used drugs or steroids.

*Awaits Vince signing Brown for a match and making him a sympathetic babyface due to how he treats women...*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Available on app store now for those who are interested

• Advertisement

Ohio Valley Wrestling has announced the other day that Marcus Anthony has signed a developmental deal with WWE. Check out photos of this monster wrestler below.

I don't pay much attention to new signings for WWE developmental, but this guy is a beast, definitely has the look that Vince loves.

005.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

marcus-anthony-1.jpg

marcus-anthony.jpg

marcus-anthony.png

Ah, probably just another Zeke Jackson!

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe-extras/photos-several-images-of-wwes-newest-talent-signed/?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com&pid=38

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Ohio Valley Wrestling? But I thought they parted ways with WWE years ago along with Deep South Wrestling, and WWE just made FCW their homebase for new talent. Also don't TNA have an agreement with OVW as well.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Ohio Valley Wrestling? But I thought they parted ways with WWE years ago along with Deep South Wrestling, and WWE just made FCW their homebase for new talent. Also don't TNA have an agreement with OVW as well.
    FCW wrestlers are under contract to WWE. OVW wrestlers are under contract to OVW. The TNA agreement simply means TNA can send some of their guys there to train and also get an early look at the OVW talent. They dont have to sign for TNA, they can still go wherever they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

FCW wrestlers are under contract to WWE. OVW wrestlers are under contract to OVW. The TNA agreement simply means TNA can send some of their guys there to train and also get an early look at the OVW talent. They dont have to sign for TNA, they can still go wherever they want.

On November 7, 2011, it was announced that OVW and TNA reached an agreement for OVW to become TNA's official training and developmental territory

Connorzee wrote: »
    On November 7, 2011, it was announced that OVW and TNA reached an agreement for OVW to become TNA's official training and developmental territory
    Still doesnt mean the guys have to sign with TNA. All that means is TNA can send their guys to OVW and can sign OVW guys if they want, kinda like I said. Nothing at all to say if you are under an OVW contract you have to sign with TNA.

WWE own FCW, thats the difference. It's essentially a third brand. Everyone who appears there, is already under WWE contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I don't pay much attention to new signings for WWE developmental, but this guy is a beast, definitely has the look that Vince loves.

Lads can someone clarify or am I just missing something, surely that cannot be a natural physique? Now there are good genetics and then there is that?

Surely that is not a clean athlete.

Lads can someone clarify or am I just missing something, surely that cannot be a natural physique? Now there are good genetics and then there is that?

Surely that is not a clean athlete.
    Depends on how long and how much he has been working out. You could end up with a body like that if you put the hours (and hours and hours and hours) and effort in. Cena for example, is huge and I reckon he's all natural. It's not that out there to have a body like that from a natural work out routine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Depends on how long and how much he has been working out. You could end up with a body like that if you put the hours (and hours and hours and hours) and effort in. Cena for example, is huge and I reckon he's all natural. It's not that out there to have a body like that from a natural work out routine.

I find it hard to believe, of course there are exceptions, but guys hit a brick wall in terms of adding mass and size of muscle, there has to be some degree of short cut. Especially in the wrestling game. Now im not having a pop at the profession but maintenance of a physique like that would be difficult without help given the amount of days on the road per year etc...

Mason Ryan is another one with a completely unnatural muscle definition, he has also noticeably been absent the last few weeks.

Is the wellness policy as watertight as people think? It seems alot of guys are being done for weed and the like, recreational stuff but is leniancy shown to certain guys who like to take shortcuts? TBH i wouldnt be surprised.

And just to clarify, this isn't coming from someone who is taking a pop at the business, im a huge wrestling fan, always have been and always will.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

[

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/wwe-extras/photos-several-images-of-wwes-newest-talent-signed/?utm_source=crowdignite.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=crowdignite.com&pid=38

Ezekiel-Jackson.jpeg

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fair play New Jack?
    New Jack got in a fight with Brian
    Knobbs and apparently knocked him out Tuesday night. The fight went down at Florida Underground
    Wrestling's Clearwater, Florida show in the locker room. According to New Jack, Knobbs stopped by the locker room and began to give a speech to the boys about how New Jack couldn't wrestle, and that the
    comments were likely the last he
    remembers before being knocked out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement