Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Interesting to see what they do after that, doubt they will be rushing out to get The Rock back or extending Brocks contract.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Booo-urns, booo-urns i say

No one really noticed to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

At least the scissor lift had a good send off.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Cutting talent and making production budget cuts? WWE ripping off TNA again!

Matt's back:

905757b834d7fa30607f70a2350c1189_L.jpg?t=1402957792
    Matt and Jeff Hardy make up one of the most recognizable tag teams of all-time. Individually, they have climbed to the top of professional wrestling. Now, at the upcoming IMPACT tapings in New York City, the brothers will reunite!
    ImpactWrestling.com has learned that TNA has come to terms with Matt Hardy to appear at IMPACT in New York City, which marks the first time that Matt has been inside a TNA ring in three years – this was also the last time a match featuring the Hardy’s was nationally televised.
    Together, Matt and Jeff Hardy are one of the most decorated tag teams of all time and we are excited to see what the duo has planned for NYC!

Jeff-Hardy-y-Matt-Hardy1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I really hope that doesn't mean he is done with ROH.

He is in far better condition now than his previous TNA run slow jog too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Is Matt going to be wearing a silly mask with a silly gimmick?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Is Matt going to be wearing a silly mask with a silly gimmick?

Oh god no, Willow the Wisp was the name of Jeff Hardy's character in Omega. Matt Hardy's character was High Voltage. Imagine Matt Hardy making his return as High Voltage.

Then again, TNA wouldn't advertise Matt Hardy returning if he was going to come back as a new character.

Again, if Willow keeps Jeff motivated then what's the problem? Jeff Hardy as himself wasn't making any difference so may as well let him be happy and motivated which is when he is most useful.

If you noticed any difference in Raw:
    PWTorch has learned that WWE's latest head writer Jay Gibson was cut by WWE CEO Vince McMahon over the weekend.

Sources believe the change was made on Friday, which would have been the day after WWE released 11 talent as part of the first wave of internal changes.

Monday's Raw was the first WWE TV show without Gibson, which led to more of McMahon's fingerprints on Raw,
    including his brand of humor that included a spiked coffee, a bathroom scene, and multiple vomiting on recurring target Vickie Guerrero.

Overall, McMahon is spearheading changes to reduce payroll as part of the fall-out from underwhelming initial results for WWE Network and a disappointing TV contract renewal with NBC Universal.

A different head writer can mean a lot. Remember how good WWE was last Summer and how absolutely ****e it was in the Autumn/Winter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Was there any more news about Ambrose and the fact he had a new theme and didn't wear the Shield gear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Was there any more news about Ambrose and the fact he had a new theme and didn't wear the Shield gear?

Not that I've heard. The gear was explained as 'street clothes'. The oddly placed new music theme debut seems to signal a split with Reigns. More come I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Not that I've heard. The gear was explained as 'street clothes'. The oddly placed new music theme debut seems to signal a split with Reigns. More come I suppose.

Stuff like that is a real pet hate of mine. Wry would Reigns and Ambrose be like 'ah Rollins beat us up and left, sure it was nice being mates, cya'

It was announced at the WWE Main Event Live taping (the show airs on tape delay) that there will be a second Money in the Bank match. Seth Rollins announced that he is the first entrant in the match, which will be held for the briefcase containing a contract for a WWE World Heavyweight Championship match.

YAY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Was it ever explained why Rollins wasn't put into the title match?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Disappointed with that. Was really looking forward to a singles match between the 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

Rollins getting the briefcase would be awesome.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Delighted the briefcase is up for grabs. Nothing like spending the next 12 months speculating when the winner will cash in!!

Loughc wrote: »
    Delighted the briefcase is up for grabs. Nothing like spending the next 12 months speculating when the winner will cash in!!

Usually a safe bet to say when he is in the middle of a losing streak :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

So, Rollins vs. Ambrose for Battleground instead?

At least there will be more buildup/hype for the match for next PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

How much did the McMahons spend on Linda's two Senate campaigns?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

How much did the McMahons spend on Linda's two Senate campaigns?
    with McMahon personally spending $97 million on the two campaigns.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-11-09/linda-mcmahon-reflects-on-her-97-million-senate-bids

WWE have gotten good mileage out of Kevin Hart, he's talked about his Raw appearance on Jimmy Fallon and The Daily Show this week.

WWE have gotten good mileage out of Kevin Hart, he's talked about his Raw appearance on Jimmy Fallon and The Daily Show this week.

Did the TNA/Dallas Cowboys stuff get traction?

rovert wrote: »
    Did the TNA/Dallas Cowboys stuff get traction?

I only saw a TMZ report. Nothing else.

Bad ass WWE article with a match I was there for:
    http://www.wwe.com/inside/matches-that-changed-their-lives/page-12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Weird seeing the words bingo hall and Balbriggan on WWE.com

"I have gotten word from a reliable source that AJ Lee is pregnant," stated MetsFan4Ever on Reddit.com today, a verified WWE insider who broke news of AJ and Punk's marriage last Friday, revealed JTG's contract release from WWE and has produced multiple shows scripts.

"I am looking more into this story and can't confirm yet. But I figured I would share this story here first with you fans. We may not be seeing AJ for a very long time or ever again if this is true."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0620/577217/aj-lee-reportedly-pregnant/

"verified WWE insider" so was the Dolphins guy supposedly.

• Advertisement

Take it with a huge pinch of salt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement