Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He should just retire and let his body rest. He's given us 20-25 years of his life, he doesn't have to keep doing it. I know he wants to keep putting the young guys over but there's plenty of people who can do that.

He has a job for life at WWE in some kind of backstage role, or he has other interests he could pursue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Moneymaker wrote: »
    He should just retire and let his body rest.
    He's been consistently protected way more than he deserves, hardly ever has to sell or take any significant bumps and hadn't anywhere near the athleticism of Taker to do moves that'd be especially taxing; his body is probably in better repair than some guys 20 years younger than him.

He has no incentive to retire so long as they keep overvaluing him. I actually don't like the guy (if the only thing anyone seems to know about someone is that they're a libertarian, it's a fairly good sign that we wouldn't be buddies) but it's not his fault that he's still around. It's either the fault of Vince or a revolving door of horrendous writers amused by the gimmick without realising how much it has been beaten to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

WWE always do this with guys when they win the belt, I wrote about it months back and even picked Kane as the potential guy they'd use: they put them in so-so programmes while creative is focused elsewhere and see if they can carry them. With enough groundwork and mapping out from SummerSlam to Mania, Creative could probably make me a believable WWE Title contender. What counts is when they're not permanently focused on you and you have to step up and sell some minor crap. I don't think it's a deliberate sabotage attempt, just a test because if you wanna be THE guy, this is the kinda stuff you'll have to handle at times. If you can't make a programme like that work in some form, regardless of how much of a cult following you have, maybe you're not cut out to be 'the guy'. Like him or not, Cena had feuds with The Great Khali and Ryback that had redeemable qualities and always got a reaction.

I'm not saying that's the case with Bryan, tbh the bit we saw of it was actually decent (Kane's Tombstones and their Extreme Rules match), but to me this isn't the kinda deal where clear blame can/should be assigned. Bryan got injured just after his big title win. That sucks. It is what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Kane was always a massive step down from trips, ideally Bryan should have had a rematch with Trips or worked with Batista. If he were to feud with Kane it should have been a one off match, Kane doesn't help top guys by working with them he drags them down, Edge and Cenas worst work by miles in the last few years was with Kane.

His feud with Cena and Edge both sucked but that wasn't really Kane's fault it was the booking. His feud with Edge was cartoony and horrible to watch. Kane chasing Edge around who kidnapped Paul Bearer as well as crying etc was a low point for Kane. Almost as Bad a Big Show who is constantly made out to be a crybaby, and made a fool out of. Both Kane and Big Show have something in common, in that they are given the worst ideas and story lines you can think of. Most main event wrestlers would stand up for themselves and say no or something, but those two guys don't seem to have big egos so they don't doing anything about it. It's something that I worry about Daniel Bryan since he doesn't seem to have and ego, so he's at risk at being given bad angles and ideas.

His feud with Cena was no different. It mainly revolved around Zack Ryder and Eve Torres tbh, and Cena was just put in the angle to give him something to do until his feud with The Rock.

I don't think it dragged them down though, again Kane is fine for his role as a filler guy. Someone who can work with main event guys and put over the top guys. Chris Jericho should really be in that role, but he's too busy pretending to a rock star, and Jericho jobs to everyone too.
    Its 2014, he just does not belong anywhere near the title, he is 47 ffs, its not as if he has been churning out classic matches or money promos non stop in the last few years.

I agree with you, but Kane was the only choice they had, and made sense from a kayfabe standpoint because of his history with Bryan and his work with the Authority. Triple H, Batista and Randy Orton as you mentioned before were busy working with The Shield, and Cena was busy feuding with Bray Wyatt.
    Can't blame Punk really for working with Kane been the final straw that made him quit really.

Punk's just being a d*ck, Kane is not at fault there either.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I agree with you, but Kane was the only choice they had
    Well, they could have had Orton being the one who tapped at Mania and led into a feud with Batista. Sheamus could've had his heel turn. Hunter could've booked himself into a title match (which would've been improved further by not having the two matches with Bryan at the PPV and it being their first face off. Was totally unnecessary blowing a few months worth of material in one night when Bryan could've just been put into the main event). They also could have wrapped up the Cena/Wyatt thing at Mania before it got too silly for everyone involved and had him return to Bryan looking for the belt. Whatever about Payback, Bryan should've had something a lot less tepid lined up for his first defence but they instead decided to prioritise their long term plans for Roman Reigns which could've waited until the next PPV.

There's always a better choice than another "oh my god he's a monster again" Kane angle. Kane acting like a normal person who has backup and is very big and strong, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Hunter could've booked himself into a title match (which would've been improved further by not having the two matches with Bryan at the PPV and it being their first face off. Was totally unnecessary blowing a few months worth of material in one night when Bryan could've just been put into the main event) T
    I'm sorry to ignore the rest of your post (I usually attack the whole argument rather than one single point) but this is just ridiculous. Firstly, what justification had HHH to book himself into a title match? NONE! It would have seen him as a guy just out for his ego (which he no longer is in my honest opinion!). Also, the way they booked HHH vs Bryan (and yes, I am aware this was not the original plan) was perfection. It's as close as you'll ever get in the WWE to a perfect story. Held down for over 8 months by the guy in charge and stopped from being a champion at every turn. It had to be a one-off match on the grandest stage of them all! It made everything Bryan had gone through worth it and he got the gold. Fairytale end to one of the greatest underdog stories in WWE. Even Stone Cold vs McMahon had nothing on this in that sense.

To even suggest that a. Bryan should not have face HHH at WM 30 or b. HHH should have just booked himself into the match is absurd. Every WM WWE title shot is earned, not given. That's why I love WM and that's why I hate when the title isn't the main event. Any other PPV you can wing it to get a shot at the title, at WM you have to EARN it. And that's what makes WM THE event. Not because it is a spectacle, not because it is a week long festival of wrestling, because the only way to be the man in the company is to earn that shot and then take it. And that's why nothing (apart from maybe Wrestle Kingdom and the G-1) comes close to WM. And I know its Kayfabe and all the sh1te but still. Main-eventing WM is still the greatest thing a wrestler can do in the business (people may disagree here but that's what I believe). And even for a second saying that Bryan or HHH should of being put in that main event for doing nothing is farcical. Nothing against you man, just that point irked me a lot.

Well, dude, there was about ten weeks to figure out a way to backtrack from their Royal Rumble mistakes. He could have "earned" it somewhere in there. I don't think most people would have gave a ****. It wouldn't have been that hard and you could have the groundwork laid out for Hunter as the next opponent.
    The way it wound up happening had the hunter match as a formality. Batista was the obvious route to go but if for some reason they absolutely couldn't do that then Hunter could have been booked into a position where he'd be a valid alternative.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Pat Patterson is a homosexual:

WWE legend Pat Patterson just revealed that he's been living in the closet for the past 50 years -- and has finally decided to go public about that fact he's a gay man.

The 73-year-old dropped the news on the finale of WWE Network's "Legends' House" ... saying, "For once in my life I'm going to be me now."

Patterson -- who's a WWE exec -- explained that he's been keeping the secret out of the public eye for 5 decades ... and had a partner for roughly 40 years, but he passed away after suffering a heart attack.

Patterson has been Vince McMahon's right hand man for decades ... he also was the company's first Intercontinental champion and helped create the "Royal Rumble."

The whole thing was incredibly emotional ... and the reaction from Pat's fellow wrestling legends was touching -- with the guys telling him, "We love you Pat ... we always love you."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/13/pat-patterson-wwe-gay-out-of-the-closet-legends-house-video/#ixzz34X7xPXYJ

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wouldn't that be a better fit for the "bleeding obvious" thread rather than the news thread? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Sure most internet fans know he is gay but I doubt casual fans know that he is gay before watching the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Pat Patterson is gay.
    Sky is blue
    Grass is green
    Ryback is s#ite
    3MB is the greatest 3 man faction is history.

All the obviousness is bleeding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Pat has been outed on several occasions. Didn't Bret Hart out him in his autobiography?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

JR and Lawler used to out him every week on commentary on Raw in '98.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I think watching that clip has made me gay.

leggo wrote: »
    JR and Lawler used to out him every week on commentary on Raw in '98.

Gorilla Monsoon would reference the "Pat Patterson School of Self Defence" often when a wrestler would ever do a go behind.

WWF acknowledged Pat's partner's death on camera 1998/9 with a somber JR and Lawler talking directly to the camera extending their best wishes.

Zillions of people inferred Sylvain Grenier (La Resistance) and Pat Patterson were partners. Pat had a health scare while dining with Sylvain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I copped it hen I was younger during the tag match him and Brisco had with the Mean Street Posse. Highest ratings for as match or something, can't remember the exact accolade it has. Afterwards, Patterson rips of his shirt and starts flexing and JR goes "and he's single fellas!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,347 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

mxph3 wrote: »
    Sure most internet fans know he is gay but I doubt casual fans know that he is gay before watching the episode.

and this show was produced with the casual audience in mind (alot like total divas) but they couldn't find a home for it on cable tv when they tried to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just spotted this on the Cena Cannot Wrestle Facebook page
    Batista got into a fight with Bo Dallas (w/ Bray Wyatt) after a recent WWE house show. As you may know Batista is still doing live events as its part of his deal and he didnt really quit, but thats interesting, I have no idea why he would attack Dallas.

*Screenshot from Bo Dallas' real life facebook profile, the comment below is by Bray Wyatt*

10365992_878821525465647_2417307881963565877_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Both fake pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Seems legit

Pays to be second generation

BqIrNi4IMAAFirQ.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Reliable source metsfan on reddit posted this.
    What its like to be on Vince McMahon's plane

Vince travels on his on plane. Many times after Raw, he travels with his crew to Smackdown on his charter. Everyone else travels by car or bus.

Vince doesn't allow any sleeping on the plane. Everyone is to stay up because he thinks it is disrespectful to sleep on his plane. If Vince doesn't sleep, nobody sleeps.

The crew consists of Vince, Kevin Dunn, Michael Hayes and a few people from the truck. Kerwin who works right next to Kevin doesn't even fly on the plane. Kerwin takes a crew bus.

Vince likes listening to music and drinking wine while on board. The music consists of Kid Rock and AC / DC (I wish I was making that up).

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/288hw1/what_its_like_to_be_on_vince_mcmahons_plane/

All that stuff is from listening to your Court Baurer/Dave Lagana podcasts.

Vince has taste in music listening to AC/DC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Vince has taste in music listening to AC/DC

I like AC/DC but being stuck in a tin box a few miles above the ground with Vince McMahon drinking wine blasting Night Prowler and having to listen to his daft ideas would drive me round the bend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I like AC/DC but being stuck in a tin box a few miles above the ground with Vince McMahon drinking wine blasting Night Prowler and having to listen to his daft ideas would drive me round the bend.

I vaguely remember reading an article somewhere ages ago by someone talking about being on a plane with Vince when the idea for the Spirit Squad was thought up.

WHAAAAAAAAAA WE ARE HEADING BACK TO 1995 LADS
    According to a source within WWE, the company is looking to cut approximately $20 million from its budget this year.

This would explain the round of talent cuts made last week, in addition to other production elements which have noticeably been scrapped.

For example, Fandango's golden curtain entrance has been cut, and the scissor lift is no longer being used for Bad News Barrett. The truck WWE used to transport those entrances has reportedly been taken off the road, which is a $250,000 a year savings.

Credit: Wrestlezone

Fire Jimmy and Primo and tag up Jey and Epico to save costs.

• Advertisement

Booo-urns, booo-urns i say
    the scissor lift is no longer being used for Bad News Barrett.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement