Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-daniel-bryan-will-medically-cleared-money-bank/
    SEScoops.com has learned that WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan will NOT be medically cleared to compete at the upcoming Money in the Bank pay-per-view, which takes place on Sunday, June 29th from the TD Garden in Boston, MA. As of last week, there was still hope that Bryan would be cleared by then -however, we just heard exclusively from a source backstage at RAW from the Target Center in Minneapolis that Bryan got the news from his doctors that he definitely will NOT be able to wrestle this month.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »

If true, that's crap news for Bryan and it's a shame after that long title chase that his reign ends like this but a MITB match for the title is exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

Gutted for Bryan. That awesome Wrestlemania moment just followed by an awful reign.

My dream scenario would be Rollins winning it, cause he's the name on most WWE fans lips. I am a shameless mark for him what can I say.

Plus imagine how much more intense his heat would be, and the awesome Rollins/Bryan matches when Bryan is cleared.

Everything just seems to be going against Daniel Bryan at the moment, dude can't catch a break, I blame Kane for Bryan (possibly) surrendering the title he worked so hard for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The lesson learnt today is no one under 6ft and 240lbs should be WWE Champion.

• Advertisement

As the villainous bitch she portrays on screen, I'm sure Stephanie will come out on Raw with this information and brag about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

rovert wrote: »
    The lesson learnt today is no one under 6ft and 240lbs should be WWE Champion.
    To be fair it was Vince's decision to let him keep the title for what, 8 weeks after being declared injured as long as he made MITB? That's a pretty good endorsement. Besides, it let's Bryan chase it now which will be a bit of fun! (Don't get me wrong, I wish he was fit and competing with the title but it's not all bad!)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,207 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

with enough of a layoff, Bryan could come back even bigger.

they were destroying the title reign anyway, so this could be a huge blessing tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah it's not the end of the world for Bryan, being stripped of the title actually helps his 'held down' shtick. And I'm glad all parties are seeing sense on the issue and dealing with it rather than him rushing back, it's better he takes time to heal he's had a hell of a year and the neck injury is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Does this mean we could still have two ladder matches for the PPV though? One for the belt and one for the briefcase?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Deadlie

If nothing else, the injury gives him an out of the pointless Kane feud and it allows him to become a hero in his absence. Imagine the pop he's gonna get on his return!

Two ladder matches would be cool. Could allow for some really interesting feuds too. Like Roman wins the belt and Rollins the briefcase. Can't imagine they'll put all their eggs in on basket though - does the Shield feud need a belt in it to make it more enjoyable?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

leggo wrote: »
    Yeah it's not the end of the world for Bryan, being stripped of the title actually helps his 'held down' shtick. And I'm glad all parties are seeing sense on the issue and dealing with it rather than him rushing back, it's better he takes time to heal he's had a hell of a year and the neck injury is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

Does this mean we could still have two ladder matches for the PPV though? One for the belt and one for the briefcase?

Do a Top Tier for the title...

Cena, Wyatt, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, Kane

...then a midcard for the Briefcase...

Sheamus, BNB, Cesaro, Big E, Rusev, Del Rio, RVD.

Also going to add....I'd ****ing love to see Rollins win the title and use it as the carrot that caused the turn last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Do a Top Tier for the title...

Cena, Wyatt, Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, Kane

...then a midcard for the Briefcase...

Sheamus, BNB, Cesaro, Big E, Rusev, Del Rio, RVD.

Also going to add....I'd ****ing love to see Rollins win the title and use it as the carrot that caused the turn last week...

Rollins/Bryan at SummerSlam? We'd have to hand out tissues at the door in Woolshed for that one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Disagree with the sentiment that this could be good for Bryan. Wrestlemania was as hot as he was ever going to get and between the bad booking in the weeks after and this mess of a title reign, I think it makes him look really weak. Had they just stripped him of the title immediately when they knew he had to have surgery, and then kept him off tv for 3 months it wouldn't be so bad. But the way it has been presented on TV, the injury feels like a storyline deal and he looks like a weak babyface. It's built into basic wrestling booking that the babyface fights through injury.

He is already made so his spot is not threatened, but I would be surprised if they planned on building the company around him again down the line. This time next year, Roman Reigns will be the guy for that spot, Cena will still be in the spot he's in, and Bryan would then be next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's still absurdly over, I don't see him having any problem getting over this.

Get this Kane feud over with and then sic Lesnar on him. Or Cesaro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Moneymaker wrote: »

There's still worrying nerve damage in his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Bryan vs Lesnar has it's own problems, do you put Bryan over and have all the whining about killing Lesnar's heat or have Lesnar go over and end up with the dual problems of losing Bryans momentum/heat and having a disinterested part time champ.

Bryan vs Lesnar has it's own problems, do you put Bryan over and have all the whining about killing Lesnar's heat or have Lesnar go over and end up with the dual problems of losing Bryans momentum/heat and having a disinterested part time champ.

That right there is a HUGE PROBLEM in terms of booking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Everything just seems to be going against Daniel Bryan at the moment, dude can't catch a break, I blame Kane for Bryan (possibly) surrendering the title he worked so hard for.

Kane is just a waste of time really, he does nothing for anyone established to feud with and the end product is always poor as cena and Edge will testify to. A very mediocre worker as well, I like others feared the worst for Bryan when they stuck him with this waster.

No more matches when he comes back with Kane, he needs to get away from him and work with people who mean something and aren't a waste of time.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Odd that on screen, they can credit Kane with taking out Punk and Bryan in a six month span. Cesaro next? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,934 ✭✭✭Monokne

Get this Kane feud over with and then sic Lesnar on him. Or Cesaro.

The reaction to taking the title off him was lukewarm. There was no real heat. He was much hotter in March. Even when he's been on TV in his neckbrace the reactions aren't what they were.

• Advertisement

Monokne wrote: »
    The reaction to taking the title off him was lukewarm. There was no real heat. He was much hotter in March. Even when he's been on TV in his neckbrace the reactions aren't what they were.

Its because of Kane, he has sucked him of all his heat sadly, just such a miserable feud to stick him in with after such a euphoric moment at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

To be fair everybody knew the circumstances of his injury. Can't blame them for not rioting when the obvious announcement was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Good auld Vacant with another title run. He's an awful politicker that chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Omackeral wrote: »
    Good auld Vacant with another title run. He's an awful politicker that chap.

And they say trip buries people!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I bet he doesn't have legs as a champ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Kane is just a waste of time really, he does nothing for anyone established to feud with and the end product is always poor as cena and Edge will testify to. A very mediocre worker as well, I like others feared the worst for Bryan when they stuck him with this waster.

No more matches when he comes back with Kane, he needs to get away from him and work with people who mean something and aren't a waste of time.:mad:

I'm gonna come in on Kane's defense here. He did nothing wrong. It was just a filler feud, used to give Bryan something to do while the Authority worked with The Shield. But I don't think there was anything wrong with the feud, nor did it kill Bryan's momentum. For what it's worth the feud made sense since Bryan and Kane were tag team partners only year ago. So I suppose it gave them a reason to feud. But I don't think there's much else you can do now. Remember last year when Cena feuded with Ryback? Post Wrestlmania tends to be pretty lame when it comes to feuds but I won't fault Kane on this it's just the way it is.

While I agree Kane is pretty mediocre now, it never stopped guys like Mark Henry and Big Show being pushed as monsters either. If anything can be taken from Kane's feud with Bryan is, at least Bryan didn't lose to Kane. I would have been perfectly happy with the feud if Bryan had continued his reign on wards. But of course now that he's injured everything has turned to sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mark Henry >>>>>>>> Big Show > Kane

Kane was always a massive step down from trips, ideally Bryan should have had a rematch with Trips or worked with Batista. If he were to feud with Kane it should have been a one off match, Kane doesn't help top guys by working with them he drags them down, Edge and Cenas worst work by miles in the last few years was with Kane.

Its 2014, he just does not belong anywhere near the title, he is 47 ffs, its not as if he has been churning out classic matches or money promos non stop in the last few years.

Can't blame Punk really for working with Kane been the final straw that made him quit really.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I don't think its anything personal against Glen Jacobs.

What Rjd said basically.

• Advertisement

I don't think its anything personal against Glen Jacobs.

What Rjd said basically.

yeah, just to clarify, nothing personal with Glen Jacobs who does come across as a genuinely nice guy which is something to applaud in a business where this is some very unpleasant people.

Anyways he is near 50,on close to a million a year for a long time and has a job for life, he will survive Boards.ie criticism of him quite easily.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement