Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

He must have a hell of a lot of dirt on Vince and HHH etc to not have been let go already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

montyrebel wrote: »
    He must have a hell of a lot of dirt on Vince and HHH etc to not have been let go already

Where is jtg these days. Is he down at next?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

cena wrote: »
    Where is jtg these days. Is he down at next?

As far as I know he hasnt been fired and is not working at Next :pac:

Next-store-Renfrewshire-007.jpg

Though he probably should be! Last I saw he was a Rosebud for Adam Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

montyrebel wrote: »

I'm almost sure it's possibly to do with a quota that he's being kept for. If there are a few more black wrestlers come through in the near future,he'll be gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,967 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was that him with Adam Rose? I think I saw elsewhere it was a local wrestler. Anyone have a screencap?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

In two days it will mark a full 28 months since Evan Bourne has wrestled on TV.
    http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1065&page=4

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

rovert wrote: »
    In two days it will mark a full 28 months since Evan Bourne has wrestled on TV.
    http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=1065&page=4

There was talks of putting him in a tag team recently... But he blew it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Surely Evan Bourne renewed his contract almost directly before those suspensions or they didn't want to release an injured person even if their contract was out during all that stock market posturing from the last 18-24 months and renewed it to avoid that... either way, if the injuries haven't ruined him then he's gonna be able to return to the indies with a pretty solid rep (i.e. not being Kofi'd for the last two years).

They added an extra year to his contract around Wrestlemania time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Something that has been forgotten about in the Indy vs WWE midcarder topic is the freedom that comes with being a free agent. You're not constantly on the road and have almost complete control over your own character. You won't make millions, but you also won't do that as a WWE midcarder. Personal happiness would likely be far higher unless you like being on the road and hurting for 300+ days a year.
    They added an extra year to his contract around Wrestlemania time.

Nothing to do with wanting him. WWE can be very petty and know he would be a big pick up for most other promotions. They don't want him but also don't want anyone else having him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Nothing to do with wanting him. WWE can be very petty and know he would be a big pick up for most other promotions. They don't want him but also don't want anyone else having him.

By that logic, Chris Hero and Colt Cabana would've had jobs for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    By that logic, Chris Hero and Colt Cabana would've had jobs for life.

Neither man's value had increased. Matt Sydal on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Something that has been forgotten about in the Indy vs WWE midcarder topic is the freedom that comes with being a free agent. You're not constantly on the road and have almost complete control over your own character. You won't make millions, but you also won't do that as a WWE midcarder. Personal happiness would likely be far higher unless you like being on the road and hurting for 300+ days a year.

That's great when you're 25, not so much when you're 45. If you're not built for a real job and don't have any real qualifications or skills outside of wrestling (which describes a good chunk of the full-time indie scene), then you can be as happy as you like creatively, you'll still have bills to pay. And if you're forgotten about by WWE by the time you hit 45 then you've really no way of paying them. WWE are the only guys really offering full-time or well-paid 'real jobs' for older wrestlers.

The likes of Cabana and Jim Korderas are the exception in this regard unfortunately, not the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

Sorry I meant nxt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That was Angelo Dawkins, not JTG. According to WZR anyway.

Reigns suffered a nasty eye injury last night:
    Injury to a top WWE star at today's show

Wednesday, 14 May 2014 14:54

Just back from the Glasgow WWE show tonight.
    In the main event, Roman Reigns looked liked he got banged up in a botched spot in his cage match with Randy Orton. Reigns was charging from the corner to spear Orton, who looked to turn it into his turning bodyslam. There was some misunderstanding and it looked as though they clashed heads, leaving Reigns pretty bloody.
    They finished the match (an awesome final five minutes), but Reigns looked pretty out of it.
    Regards,
    Hugh McStay

NSFW-ish pic Tweeted by Reigns:
    https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/466748578581729280

Reigns was a Daniel Bryan's replacement as house show headliner and is in the Payback main event six man. Roster depth is becoming an issue on the babyface side of the top end of the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Reigns suffered a nasty eye injury last night:

NSFW-ish pic Tweeted by Reigns:
    https://twitter.com/WWERomanReigns/status/466748578581729280

Reigns was a Daniel Bryan's replacement as house show headliner and is in the Payback main event six man. Roster depth is becoming an issue on the babyface side of the top end of the card.

This could explain why Sheamus ran the Rybaxl gauntlet on Raw - trying to position him as a top babyface again and ignoring that "heel turn" recently!

Both got the worst of it it seems:

14001120074176ab1e.jpg
    bnodghccuaaftpc72xqd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Of course Randy will go off crying to Hunter now, saying it was all Reigns' fault.

Of course Randy will go off crying to Hunter now, saying it was all Reigns' fault.

stupid-o.gif

I assume Reigns will be fine as Roman is Hunter's new boy.

• Advertisement

Sandow's new character:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

^ was him not being given much to do lately building to something? I don't think wwe creative think that far ahead.

krudler wrote: »
    ^ was him not being given much to do lately building to something? I don't think wwe creative think that far ahead.

Might be linked to Alica Fox.

A "Forgotten" faction is what people are fantasy booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Pipe bomb. I'm expecting a summer of Sandow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dancor wrote: »
    Pipe bomb. I'm expecting a summer of Sandow now.

Yes, please.

Just give the guy a proper chance!

Today is a big day for WWE on two completely different fronts:
    One, WWE World Heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan will be undergoing neck surgery under Dr. Joseph Maroon today. Once he is done with surgery, WWE will have a clear indication of how long he will be out and what direction they need to take their most important championship. The belief prior to surgery was that Bryan would be out, at most, two months, but that could change once the procedure is completed.

Two, the NBC Universal cable upfronts will take place today at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City. With the Bella Twins announced as appearing, we should have a good idea as to where WWE programming stands going forward on the USA Network, SyFy, E! and other NBC Universal umbrella cable networks.

2ccfbe5f_moneyvl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Anyone want to make a prediction on rights fees? I'm thinking slightly less than double what they've been getting.

Feel the same way. If there was an intense bidding war we would have somehow heard about it. They are due an increase and NBC wouldn't completely hang WWE as they have a strong partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Would so much more prefer it if they pulled it and just stuck it all on the Network, maybe next time round...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Palo Alto wrote: »
    Would so much more prefer it if they pulled it and just stuck it all on the Network, maybe next time round...

The shareholders won't prefer everything on the network

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement