Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Would WWE go to Spike?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jester252 wrote: »
    Would WWE go to Spike?

If the money was right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Jester252 wrote: »
    Would WWE go to Spike?

You mean return too spike?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

rovert wrote: »
    If the money was right.

I didn't think Spike or its parent company would having the same pulling power as NBC, Fox or Disney in terms of money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

NKGk0Om.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

God, remember Andrew WK. Party Hard is on my ipod some where

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

beakerjoe wrote: »

I am pretty sure Andrew WK was a work !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

He didn't even have a real nosebleed for that picture that everybody likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,466 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Batista could be off again soon he just landed a staring role in the remake of Kickboxer along GSP.

http://variety.com/2014/film/festivals/cannes-kickboxer-remake-taps-bautista-st-pierre-1201178199/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Andrew WK was a work !
    He didn't even have a real nosebleed for that picture that everybody likes.

Just want to clear some things up.

Seen him live, have everything on vinyl, there is no forgetting AWK.

There is definitely some manner work involved, but it's a bit of a mystery.

When I saw him live, some lad elbowed him in the face mid party, full on blood running out of his nose. Couldn't script it.

Story goes for the cover of I Get Wet he wanted to hit himself in the face with a brick to make him bleed, but the powers that be wouldn't allow it.

All in all, top man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

krudler wrote: »

i don't think i could ever bring myself to wear anything that says "king of swing" on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

1 out of 10 for originality

king-of-the-ring.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I hate the King of Swing moniker anyhow. I'm surprised his entrance theme is not Sultans of Swing by Dire Straits.

Cesaro is amazing, one of my favourites, but jeez, I hate that stupid nickname (the swing itself is awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

1 out of 10 for originality

king-of-the-ring.jpg

I think that was the point in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

His red shirt is still the best one he's had in WWE.

I'd rather buy his Nick Diamond style ring jacket. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Moneymaker wrote: »
    His red shirt is still the best one he's had in WWE.

I'd rather buy his Nick Diamond style ring jacket. :pac:

I tried picturing Cesaro cracking out 'Red, Red Wine', but my mind just flashed back to that period where the 'E tried lumbering him with a yodelling gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sophya

I really hope this isn't true or Bryan just can't catch a break.

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-daniel-bryan-suffers-neck-injury/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I found it difficult to read the article once I spotted that the writer's name was Michael Bluth.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,694 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/12/4112224/former-wwe-superstar-john-morrison.html

John Morrison may have lost to Sonjay Dutt in a ladder match at the Continental Wrestling Federation show on Saturday, May 10 in Miami, but the WWE alum proved he can still electrify an audience.
    The charismatic star continues to have a passion for entertaining, inside and outside the ring.
    “I love working for Ryan [Koch] and the CWF,” Morrison said after the event at Florida International University’s U .S. Century Bank Arena.
    “I love the fans here…When you get on the independent wrestling scene, there are no handcuffs. You can do whatever you want. Everything you thought was funny as a kid, you can do out there. That’s what makes independent wrestling so great. It’s one of the reasons I have such a good time performing in the CWF in a place like here and CWF.”
    The 34-year-old Californian left WWE in 2011 but finds he is busier now than when he was with the company. Aside from lacing up the boots and dawning the bedazzled fur coat, Morrison found steady work in a number of movies.
    “I recently finished filming a Hercules movie,” Morrison said. “I’m mentioning that especially here because these are the stomping grounds of Dwayne Johnson [The Rock]. His Hercules movie is coming out in theaters mid-July. The Hercules movie that I shot is a lower budget film, and it’s going to be coming out hopefully a week before his comes out to possibly Syfy or DVD or VOD [video on-demand]. I don’t know what avenue they’re going to take with the Hercules movie I’m in, but it’s going to be fun.”
    The workout enthusiast is also building his presence in the exercise world with ‘Out of Your Mind Fitness.’ The program was developed in partnership with personal trainer Jeff Carrier.
    “I’ve spent about two years doing [this],” Morrison said. “It’s been on the market for almost six months. It’s comprised of five levels. It takes anybody from any fitness level. If you can do a pushup or a squat, you can start at level one and build yourself up to crazy Tarzan strength to one-armed pull-ups, frog stands, handstands, pushups and pistol squats. Really the idea of ‘Out of Your Mind Fitness’ is the journey, about getting in shape.
    “A lot of yogis will talk like that. It’s about the practice of learning to train your body to do these moves and the benefits you get both functioning and strength-wise and longevity-wise.”
    JoMo has been gone from WWE a few years. However, he is still a fan and looks back fondly of his time working there. Among his favorite experiences was working with his rival, tag team partner and friend The Miz.
    “I thought our personalities were starkly different and also similar in strange ways, too,” Morrison said. “When we rode, we came up with that online show ‘The Dirt Sheet’ together. That’s how we passed all the time on the car rides. I really think it helped me develop my public persona, that onscreen persona and take that to the next level with all that time I spent with The Miz doing ‘The Dirt Sheet.’
    “It was really cool to have the autonomy to see ‘The Dirt Sheet’ to fruition and that the feud with The Miz was great. The falls count anywhere matches that I got to have toward the end of my career. That one I had with The Miz is one of my favorite matches of all-time.”
    Morrison doesn’t rule out a return to WWE, though who knows when his schedule would allow that with all his future projects.
    “After this, I’m going to be filming a movie up in Vancouver about a talking dog,” Morrison said. “In mid-June I’m starting production on ‘Boone: The Bounty Hunter,’ which is the first movie I’ve co-written, produced and star in. It’s kind of what I love to do. It’s taken me a really long time to figure out how to do it, but I couldn’t be more excited about ‘Boone: The Bounty Hunter.’
    “It’s going to be a full-time job, but it’s going to be the exact type of movie that I think I would have loved as a kid. I’m expecting that everyone is a fan of John Morrison, wrestling and action movies to really love it.”
    Since the “Guru of Greatness” left WWE, he has witnessed many of his former coworkers reach new heights and emerging talent get their opportunity to shine. If he ever made a comeback the competitor feels he wouldn’t have a problem finding quality opponents to work against.

“Those guys like Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, The Shield, guys who I knew coming up,” Morrison said. “Daniel Bryan was around even before I was around. Seeing how good he was back then and seeing how hard he worked for that long. Seeing him get that opportunity in this run as WWE champion feels really good. You can tell it feels really good to the fans obviously because they are so enthusiastic when he comes out. It’s cool to watch the landscape shift in WWE.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I really think Jo Mo deserves another shot in WWE. If he's improved his mic skills he has all the tools to be a top guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ With all the new stars in WWE right now, I don't know if there is a place for John Morrison. He'd probably end up doing the same thing he was doing before. He'll have the same position as Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Morrison is an infinitely inferior version of Seth Rollins. Everything he has to offer, Rollins can do better. He'd be better off staying as a free agent because he won't be getting anywhere should he return to WWE. He'd be at the same level as the likes of Miz and Kofi Kingston.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I liked Jo Mo. certainly an exciting wrestler. Don't think he has the Mic abilities though.He would only come back to the mid card as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,139 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I liked Jo Mo. certainly an exciting wrestler. Don't think he has the Mic abilities though.He would only come back to the mid card as well.

From a career point of view, wouldn't that be a good thing though? Not sure how much WWE wrestlers make but I'd guess that being a mid-level talent in WWE with regular TV time provides a comfortable living financially.

Although with that said, I don't know how much big indy guys make either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah nothing wrong with being a WWE midcarder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]
    From a career point of view, wouldn't that be a good thing though? Not sure how much WWE wrestlers make but I'd guess that being a mid-level talent in WWE with regular TV time provides a comfortable living financially.

Depending on who's booking them (and if they know the business or are just a fan with money wanting to call themselves a promoter), WWE guys can make big money on the indies short-term. I think it was Christian that was quoting people for $15,000 per booking back when he was with TNA a few years back. That'd be more, per match, than they'd earn in WWE. Much more.

But it's not sustainable for promotions to pay that much regularly and your name can diminish in value quite quickly when you're out of the spotlight. The indies are the badlands of wrestling: you'll get as much as people are willing to pay, in short. That's why you see many guys almost going part-time and taking the odd booking while working on acting or other projects (Cabana is the best example of someone making a life for themselves on indie bookings and other projects).

Ultimately, though, most would rather be in WWE. As long as you're there, you've got a shot at getting some kind of opportunity you can run with to turn your life around. They've the infrastructure to give guys a regular paycheque for life, how many others are getting that outside of WWE? You really have to be like Jeff Jarrett starting your own promotion, Lance Storm starting a school etc. Whereas in WWE you can land agents roles, commentary positions, even jobs in the office etc if you're liked, even if you don't recapture the magic on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

J. Marston wrote: »
    [/B]

Fwiw, AJ Styles is charging about $3k a shot and that is at the upper end. Chris Hero did a bunch of shows Mania weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if he earned more doing actual wrestling than most of the WWE's undercard guys did for Mania week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Didn't mind him either, had some awesome matches with Jeff, Jericho, Edge and Punk.

He never really connected with the audience as heel or face, he was a little to cool to boo when heel, but did not have the mic skills to be a top face.

Still though, if he was to come back, I would be fine with it, we would get some good matches at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Suprised the biggest news of the year hasn't been posted here yet:

JTG has had a WWE contract for 7years now.

5JEysY.png

Poor guy, no hope of ever having a wrestling career.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement