Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Really dont get why they made such edits. Booker T's infamous "we comin for you n****" line is still in it.

With the exception of major swear words, nudity and stuff like Owen Hart, they should have been aired as is. I'd leave the swear words and nudity but obviously WWE wont.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Really dont get why they made such edits. Booker T's infamous "we comin for you n****" line is still in it.

Mis-management and laziness I say. I imagine there's a few people digitizing/editing it and depending on the day (or the year) they're told to edit out different things, and once it's done, it's done and they don't bother updating it.

Like WWE never had to censor "WWF" outside America for their home video releases but they are too lazy/cheap to release two versions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Mis-management and laziness I say. I imagine there's a few people digitizing/editing it and depending on the day (or the year) they're told to edit out different things, and once it's done, it's done and they don't bother updating it.

Like WWE never had to censor "WWF" outside America for their home video releases but they are too lazy/cheap to release two versions.

Also this stuff is/was compiled by non-fans and interns at WWE 's production facility. There people aren't achievists or historians just people clocking in and clocking out. The most available option sourcing material wise is the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Whats the deal with new jack?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

rovert wrote: »

The Silvervision VHS releases of mid 90s PPVs and some In Your House PPVs included the preshow countdown and bonus matches on the latter. Also, SummerSlam 92 VHS omitted three PPV matches later included on the Anthology release.

It's a shame that the Network is such a hodge podge for completists...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MrMac84 wrote: »

Yeah I'd like to know this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Yeah I'd like to know this too.

He's generally a scumbag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jack

The aftermath of the Danbury Fall, the Mass Transit incident and repeatedly stabbing his opponent during a hardcore match to mention the three big ones.

When Lawler had the heart attack, he had this to say:
    "Just heard about Lawler...**** that racist mother****a...die slow,you ****ing cock sucker
    If lawler dies,let me know where his grave is so,I can go piss on it...**** that bitch Please let me know where they put that ****a in the ground so,I can piss on his grave.

It didn't think of that, MitchKoobski.

He is incredibly charismatic on shoot interviews but in the cold light of day he is a sociopath and a general scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

It didn't think of that, MitchKoobski.

He is incredibly charismatic on shoot interviews but in the cold light of day he is a sociopath and a general scumbag.

Agreed, he's a good talking head when they need someone for shoots and Natural Born Killaz still gets a pop from me, but you could never defend him much past that. That Lawler stuff got his Twitter account disabled.

Someone said before that New Jack would have been remembered as very entertaining if he wasn't so busy being New Jack all the time.

8qkxeH.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I love how the top of his wiki page reads:

This page has some issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

He's absolute scum of the earth.

He never gave a **** about the safety of the guys he was in the ring with.

Just look at the Mass Transit incident.

He's someone the wrestling business could have done without.

He liked his own post? That's worse than any of the other stuff he has done :pac:

AJ's Styles's Style Clash messes yet another person up:
    Just back from the Preston City Wrestling show here in Preston, England. They had a weekend of excellent shows featuring the likes of Styles, Chris Masters, Chris Hero, Mike Bennett & Maria, and Godfather/Papa Shango. The show tonight was hugely anticipated, a packed building sold out with 1300 fans for a Lionheart vs Styles main event.

Lionheart beat Styles in an excellent match, but afterwards, Styles gave him the Styles Clash. Lionheart tucked his chin and landed squarely on the top of his head.

It was almost exactly like the Roderick Strong incident back in January in ROH, when Strong got injured taking the same move. Really scary landing, and even worse, Lionheart wasn't moving his arms or legs afterwards, just lying face down in the ring.

It wasn't an angle or anything, people could see it was real straight away. Officials came out along with medics. It was the end of the show anyway, but they asked if everyone could leave the building as quickly as possible so they could attend to Lionheart in the ring.

The crowd were really respectful, Lionheart is the number one heel in the promotion, but everyone was chanting his name in support. No word on how he is as of yet, but some of his co-workers are tweeting 'pray for Lionheart' which doesn't sound good at all. Just thought I'd pass this info on.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/103-indies/35702-update-on-injury-to-uk-wrestler-lionheart

Lionheart is quite the up and coming talent so I hope he is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

If I remember back in the day New Jack used to have an NWA song playing all the way through his matches. It maybe a rights issue that they can't show the majority of them

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

How do ECW entrances work on it? Do they all have generic or WWF music saying as most had real bands? Shame about Sandman in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

He liked his own post? That's worse than any of the other stuff he has done :pac:

The impossible dream:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

From F4WOnline.
    The other question was asked by an 8 year old girl who asked how he felt when Owen Hart died. JR said he was watching the monitor when he saw Owen fell out of his peripheral vision. Said they were playing video packages as Jerry Lawler got in the ring, and then they started playing video packages while they were working on him. Said Kevin Dunn told him he would be giving an update on Owen and then asked what Owen's status was (JR at this point didn't know he was gone).

Kevin Dunn said into his headset, "Owen Hart is dead" and then he started counting, "10,9,8..." cause they were coming out of break and going live to the announcement you saw on the ppv. JR said he hasn't watched that call he made that night ever again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

This should probably be put in the Q & A thread but I want to ask it after reading that. Did WWF/E ever tell the fans in the arena that nite that Owen had passed away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they didn't. The crowd somewhat picked up on the vibes and all though?

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/103-indies/35702-update-on-injury-to-uk-wrestler-lionheart

This isnt a new move. Styles has been doing it for probably close to 15 years now and people still dont know how to take it?
    From F4WOnline.

Not sure which is worse. Sending Jarrett out to cut a promo about puppies after his best friend died, or giving JR 10 seconds notice to announce it. Wonder what would happen if it was today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Just read on twitter that he has a broken neck but no nerve damage and he has feeling in his limbs. As serious as his injuries are it sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse.

GTR63 wrote: »
    This should probably be put in the Q & A thread but I want to ask it after reading that. Did WWF/E ever tell the fans in the arena that nite that Owen had passed away

Nope, and back then a lot of people in America didn't have mobile phones I believe so most people didn't know.

You can actually hear them chanting Puppies in the Jeff Jarrett match just after the fall, might be that some didn't really see it or that they didn't realise the seriousness of it.

At first I thought they were chanting "Owen" but Lawler said it was "puppies" it's hard to hear for sure but I doubt Lawler would have said that if it was really "Owen".

This isnt a new move. Styles has been doing it for probably close to 15 years now and people still dont know how to take it?

You could say the same with piledrivers but they've been known to go wrong. If someone does a dangerous move 500 times it's bound to go wrong once.

A lot of these guys are one lapse in concentration away from serious injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Word on twitter is that he has a 'broken neck' but is ok, still in hospital but able to move arms and legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Kurt Angle reportedly coming back to WWE in September

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/report-kurt-angle-claims-will-returning-wwe-september/18560/

“I can’t say when. Not just from a personal standpoint, but I don’t know. My contract is up in September and I’ve left my options open. I’m very happy in TNA. Dixie Carter’s been awesome, she’s treated me very well and always been there for me. She’s been a great boss, great leader, but I can’t lie to myself anymore. I can’t lie to TNA. I can’t like to WWE. Yeah, there is that desire to go back. I just don’t know when. It could be this year. It could be next year. I don’t know when.”

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lithium93_ wrote: »

How does that report state he's coming back in September? When Angle himself said it COULD be this year, it COULD be next year?

Dirt sheets would say anything to create a bit of traffic for their site.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Don't mention dirt sheets! Roverts alarm will go off

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    How does that report state he's coming back in September? When Angle himself said it COULD be this year, it COULD be next year?

Dirt sheets would say anything to create a bit of traffic for their site.

Like i said, everything said on wrestling dirt sheets need to be taken with a grain of salt.

I like how "I dont know when" became "Kurt Angle returning in September".

He probably wouldnt even pass a medical now.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Like i said, everything said on wrestling dirt sheets need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Not from a dirtsheet.

But anyway. I you read the entire Fighting Spirit Magazine column Kurt it is obvious what his aspirations are. WWE put him through rehab last year, WWE Network now exists and WWE offers a better retirement/part-retirement plan than what TNA does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement