Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

GTR63 wrote: »
    Hardly a shock as they rarely produce Dvds for newer talent & its been an average year for WWE DVDs compared to last few years.

That was the initial idea when they bought WcW; to make Nitro a brand show and have Raw & Nitro instead of Raw & Smackdown.

At least ECW got its own WWE PPV and TV show though!

All WCW got was that crap Booker T vs Buff Bagwell main event on Raw with Hudson and Arn on commentary, which obviously flopped,and then the plug was pulled and the half baked Invasion commenced.

Ridiculous that such a historic company was canned so easily,yet ECW got plenty of opportunity for revival.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Massive feck up by WWE. Major Wrestlemania season return leaked by a live event line up:
    MAJOR, MAJOR NAME RETURNING TO WWE
    by Mike Johnson @ 10:12 PM on 12/20/2013

Former WWE World champion Batista is advertised for the 2/16/14 WWE event in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Thomas & Mack Center via both radio ads and internet advertising.
    In speaking to WWE sources this evening, they confirmed he was expected back (one source believed at the Royal Rumble as a surprise) and that the advertising was released prematurely, spoiling a planned surprise.

Batista had been talking to Triple H about a return at least as far back as last Spring, according to sources, but his acting schedule (he has a big part in Marvel's Guardians of The Galaxy) prevented him from doing anything.

Batista has long talked of wanting to come back for one final WWE run, as opposed to just coming back to do one big match. He quit the company in 2010, completely unhappy with the PG type of programming the company was producing at the time.

One of the sources we spoke with tonight believed Batista would be working with the company until he was needed to do promotional work for "Guardians", which is slated for a 8/1/14 theatrical release.

Credit: PWInsider

Oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ridiculous that such a historic company was canned so easily,yet ECW got plenty of opportunity for revival.

Yeah WWE have went out of their way to tell you how bad it was/is since and the choice of match for the revival was destined for failure. While I enjoy The Rise & Fall dvd(bar the bit with Heyman childishly saying WcW just stole talent). I do find it partly confusing about how popular it got years after it died with a small fanbase.
    As for Batista I hope they have something else lined up as I personally wouldn't view his return on par with Lesnar or Rock

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hopefully then we can see the dream match of lesnar vs Batista !!!!!

/sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Looking forward to seeing him back tbh.

He was doing his best work right when he quit imo.

• Advertisement

Conceited heel Big Dave as the authority's face of the WWE would have been so much better than Randy.

Was looking at a few of his Twitter pics recently and he's shed a lot of muscle since his last run.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I would book him to retire/murder Rey to get over as a heel on his return, especially if Rey is unable to work much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Batista has a movie coming out. No way will he be anything other than a babyface.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

*cough*Miz*cough*

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Batista has a movie coming out. No way will he be anything other than a babyface.

Forget the movie. He will be babyface automatically as he will get the Superstar/we missed you reaction his first night back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

rovert wrote: »
    Forget the movie. He will be babyface automatically as he will get the Superstar/we missed you reaction his first night back.

same as Lesnar. but i think he'd work better as a heel, his best work was before he left as a heel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Plus his crying whinging I quit speech was awesome. He should be a heel definitely. He could conceivably come back to a pig we love you pop and then do something dastardly on his first night back....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Plus his crying whinging I quit speech was awesome. He should be a heel definitely. He could conceivably come back to a pig we love you pop and then do something dastardly on his first night back....

I agree, he could return to team with D-Bry initially then turn on him and side with his old buddy Trips.

Have a mini Evolution reunion with those two and Randy.

Meltzer said that Batista was probably going to be the surprise entrant and winner of the Royal Rumble.

Morto for WWE and their lack communication between the departments for letting his return leak if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That would be great. Come out to a big pop, be all smiles coming down the ramp and then once he gets on the mic, just start insulting the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

You'd think they'd have waited until he actually returned before sending out any of the advertising just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Is it morto though? Or was his so called 'leak' and rumours of him winning the Rumble leaked on purpose to boost interest and PPV sales?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Is it morto though? Or was his so called 'leak' and rumours of him winning the Rumble leaked on purpose to boost interest and PPV sales?

Nope it apparently it was just a case of incompetence. His name was on an internal active roster list. So the live event people thought it was ok to advertise him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Surprises are great but I think advertising someone like Batista before hand is best for business so I don't think WWE will care that much. What have they lost from this surprise being revealed.....

Charisteas wrote: »
    Surprises are great but I think advertising someone like Batista before hand is best for business so I don't think WWE will care that much. What have they lost from this surprise being revealed.....

The suprise!:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Batista winning the rumble would be a slap in the face to a number of stars IMO. He is not The Rock, Lesnar or Undertaker and does not have the star quality to justifiably waltz in and overshadow the likes of Bryan, Punk, maybe even Orton, depending on how things progress.

Bollocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

ea548efcc48afb70c56b2c18ffe04fe9_1024.jpg

Well i'll be watching.

BcOGI9TIQAAM-Yb.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would be funny if everyone heard about Batista returning then Mason Ryan did a run in during a match before Batista's return. See how many mistake him

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Mason still with WWE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Mason still with WWE?

Yup sparodically on NXT.
    He has lost muscle mass too, wonder how he did that?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Mason still with WWE?

He works in McDonalds now:

Nah he is still in NXT. Lean down a lot so he is more faster and coordinated. Currently tagging with Jason Jordan on NXT live events. Mason is the guy who gets the hot tag and clears house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Batista winning the Rumble...you would think WM30 would write itself but they seem to be doing a fine job of tanking it.

• Advertisement

There's speculation about Brock Lesnar wanting to fight.

From @FrontRowBrian twitter:

ztssbs.jpg

Hammers hamil was a poster on the MMA Underground forum who broke news that Lesnar would withdraw from UFC 115.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement