Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final results! decisive YES vote!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

djmarkus wrote: »
    Just heard on Radio 1 that COIR will be entering candidates in the next GE. Very bad news.

no way :eek:

what will their policies be

?

edit: just seen
    (5.35pm) Richard Green of Cóir said his organisation would not fold now, as there were still many people represented by their views. He said they may form a new political party. He said Ireland has lost a key part its Constitution and has handed its power to an EU that will be dominated by powers like France and Germany.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 932 ✭✭✭PaulieD

prinz wrote: »
    Have you not heard? The UKIP's solution to Northern Ireland is to bring our country back into the Union... apparently there'd be peace if we were all subjects of the Queen.

Have you not heard? Fianna Fails solution to the recession is to bail out the bankers and developers. Apparently everything will be ok once we get the "fundamentals" right.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

So happy it passed but so disappointed with 58% turnout?!!

Bring on an election and get Fianna Fail out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Like Gallipoli reversed huh? Will we be fighting them off the beaches? :rolleyes: Turkey isn't in the EU and won't be for a long time ;)

Well if it really is a repeat of Gallopoli they'll be slaughtered on the beaches right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Pile a ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

PaulieD wrote: »
    Have you not heard? Fianna Fails solution to the recession is to bail out the bankers and developers..

You're right. I suppose we should just let our entire banking system collapse like a set of dominos.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

The mask finally slips. Why not state your agenda before the referendum?

I did:)...
    Malty_T wrote:
    Europe has gone from being the continent where everyone invades one another to being a continent under unity,peace and knowledge.
    ESA, CERN, GEO,EHMA etc etc get more funding than the EDA does. And how absurd is the thought these days of Germany invading France? What was once commonplace in a continent marred by thousands of years of war and violence is no longer the case.
    Evolutionary theory teaches us that the more societies trade goods and services the less likely they are to go to war with one another.

What's wrong with a union of nations? Especially now, that the Charter of Fundamental Rights will become law :)

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Have you not heard? Fianna Fails solution to the recession is to bail out the bankers and developers. Apparently everything will be ok once we get the "fundamentals" right.

Small businesses have gone under and continue to do so because they can't get loans to stay afloat. And where do people generally get loans from? THE BANKS! Banks must be able and willing to give loans out again, or there will be more loss of jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

Malty_T wrote: »
    Thanks,

What's wrong with Blair, he negotiated a good deal of peace in the north didn't he? (Blair over dishonest Ganley anyday)

Oh he only helped to start two wars in the Middle East. Nothing really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

lol. don't be silly. i'm sure a lot less people think that than think the min wage is gonna be reduced to 1.84 soon.

I really doubt that.
    That was put as a question.
    Yes to jobs and recovery was put as fact.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

SV wrote: »
    I really doubt that.
    That was put as a question.
    Yes to jobs and recovery was put as fact.

Who put this as fact?

Small businesses have gone under and continue to do so because they can't get loans to stay afloat. And where do people generally get loans from? THE BANKS! Banks must be able and willing to give loans out again, or there will be more loss of jobs.

The banks are still not lending money. They should have been nationalised, but thats off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Who put this as fact?
    All the posters and politicians parading around with the words
    "YES to Jobs" and "YES to recovery"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Just heard on Radio 1 that COIR will be entering candidates in the next GE. Very bad news.

Well this is a democracy last time I checked, although it is debatable. Those who support their views have just as much right to be represented as the greedy, banker loving FF supporters..

SV wrote: »
    All the posters and politicians parading around with the words
    "YES to Jobs" and "YES to recovery"

The fact was it was said, nobody made promises..... It was a good call whoever thought of it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Good news they can get a good ganley style trashing in the next GE then.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

A little clarification goes a long way it seems...

Well done voters of Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 TheDublinMan

Oh My God!!!

I was driving by Dublin Airport today and I saw democracy boarding a plane, very upset muttering something about a European android army coming to take us all away!

I'm only saying what I saw.
    I did. I did. I did.

Elba101 wrote: »

No chance of an election. Cowen and co are here until the summer of 2012. He will claim the Yes vote as a vote of confidence in the current government. Nama will pass. Unemployment will hit the 550,000 mark. The people will realise they were lied to, once again. Just like Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Oh My God!!!

I was driving by Dublin Airport today and I saw democracy boarding a plane, very upset muttering something about a European android army coming to take us all away!

I did. I did. I did.

Nah, twas just a computer glitch;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭rumour

The banks are still not lending money. They should have been nationalised, but thats off topic.

Opps can't do that against competition rules

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Elba101 wrote: »

What was wrong with the turnout?

It's the highest for a european referendum since the original joining.

Oh My God!!!

I did. I did. I did.

Thats just silly, democracy is a word

Democracy is a system of government in which either the actual governing is carried out by the people governed (direct democracy), or the power to do so is granted by them (as in representative democracy).

How the hell can a word be getting a plane?

silly silly silly

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Have you not heard? The UKIP's solution to Northern Ireland is to bring our country back into the Union... apparently there'd be peace if we were all subjects of the Queen.

Anyone have a link for that? I dont doubt it for a sec it sounds like something they would say alright, I just want to do some reading up about it...

Oh dear god, this'll be entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Ah sure their will be another one anyway its 1-1, only fair :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Hopefully, they'll go the way of Libertas. After today, I have a lot more faith in the Irish electorate.

Very happy with the result, and thanks to all former No voters who reconsidered their position. Tonight, I'll drink to the Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

OMG! I just got drafted into the new EU army :eek:

And they're only paying me €1.84 an hour :eek::eek:

And what's worse they stuck me in a platoon with a load of Turks :(

I'll be alright though, I'm not going into battle. I'll be guarding our new supreme overlord Tony Blair :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Ah sure their will be another one anyway its 1-1, only fair :confused:

marco_polo wrote: »
    Aggregate scores should suffice as a tie breaker.

Yes: 1,966,719
    No: 1,482,077

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62377587&postcount=17

democracy! yea!

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    OMG! I just got drafted into the new EU army :eek:

And they're only paying me €1.84 an hour :eek::eek:

And what's worse they stuck me in a platoon with a load of Turks :(

I'll be alright though, I'm not going into battle. I'll be guarding our new supreme overlord Tony Blair :cool:

Fair play Ourlad, you've come up with a few crackers during this campaign +100

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭rumour

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    so all the results are in!

according to RTE

YES: 67.13% 1,214,268 votes :eek:

NO: 32.87% 594,606 votes

Total Valid: 1,748,620
    Invalid: 7,224 votes

58% polled & a 20.5% swing

personally im shocked with the result! i was more negative and cynical, and delighted at the high turnout

Just goes to show you. The Irish are so easily manipulated. The idiots of Europe.

Thankfully, never ever to be trusted with a serious decision regarding the EU ever again.

And we all agree by a substantial majority.

Advertisement