Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Czech move to block treaty!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭moogester

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Irish and Proud

Scofflaw wrote: »
    As another democratic person I could say "who are we to decide that Lisbon should not go above the heads of the other 496m EU citizens - we must vote Yes".

Both claims are equally silly, and both have the same answer - you're voting purely for Ireland. The other countries have had their ratifications (or not) their way, and we're having ours our way - same as we have done for 20 years. Our decision is up to us to decide on the basis of what is good for Ireland, not that of notional other EU citizens who you believe would vote a particular way.

regards,
    Scofflaw

...we meet again! :D

Politicians do not serve their peoples - something that is blatantly obvious across the EU. Is it not clear by now that politicians in the EU are trying to dictate the pace, as well as looking after big business? Is it not clear that failed (or ousted) politicians from individual states happen to find themselves a nice niche within the EU ranks? Is it not clear that the politicians have lost complete touch with their peoples - no EU citizen has a say in how a new superstate is to be formed (unless they happen to be Irish that is!)?

As Irish people, we have a huge responsibility to stop this dictatorial bulldozer - we as Irish people are the voice of the EU people - we can stop this expansionist empire in its tracks! We need an EU that serves it's people - not power mongers, and not vested interests!

Regards!

Creation wrote: »
    Neither.
    I was part of Labour and now i am undecided.
    It seems to be you who jumps to conclusions, Someone has to be part of a racist party to be Euro sceptic? And you accuse those against the treaty of lies? LOL!

That's the Yes camp for you mate -

sure we are all facists!!! :D

One thing you can be sure of though:

I'll be voting NO!

Regards!

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    They depicted a country as an animal with a milestone around it neck.

You don't have to defend everything a person on the NO side does you know.

...yes, I was very disappointed looking at such racism! :(

Turkey is not an issue for me - the main issue for me is political and corporate accountability in the EU. I see evidence to the contrary in EU circles - that's why I'm voting NO!

Regards!

Advertisement