Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

bcmf wrote: »
    If this reaches its qouta I will be under no obligation nor will I feel I should to do a sub 9min climb of Howth.
    Your thanks will suffice ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

have say climbing alot better despite bit time off bike, passed out early on in climb, followed wheel for while but dropped on steeper part, but caught him at top when i just kept churning out the gear near top, just shows what knowing climb does for you.

I cant imagine why anyone hoping win a grand tour wouldnt recon all the major climbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I just flipped my stem and I'm not 100% sure it's all lined up right, I'll see next time I'm out anyway... :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

CianRyan wrote: »
    I just flipped my stem and I'm not 100% sure it's all lined up right, I'll see next time I'm out anyway... :|

You'll know when you end up on yer face!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    You'll know when you end up on yer face!

This is what I'm afraid of.
    Everything looks grand it's just my first time adjusting any of this and I'm a worrier.

Quick spin down to the gym now to ask about prices so I'll find out now. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Good news! Irene has just been downgraded by 1 level, from 'hurricane' to 'Irish summer'.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

So Beyonce is preggers, it must be Destiny's child.

I'll get me coat.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mm4YT7T0bM

A blast from the past. I am putting together my turbo training music. There will be a lot of camp 80's classics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

ROK ON wrote: »

A blast from the past. I am putting together my turbo training music. There will be a lot of camp 80's classics.

Don't try cycling to Adam Ant - Prince Charming (unless it's up Seskin!)

Joe Esposito - The Best has to be in there somewhere though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqoQHCNIKTg&feature=related

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Have the DVD (and video ... ) of that tour..

Depeche Mode 101 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

You would love my ipod so.
    While consuming post spin coffee and bikkies ins casa bcmf on sat morn I put my ipod on the home stereo it ended up in Rob Fowl trying to name (and mostly succesfully I must say) all the tracks that came on.

Here is a quick sample list:
    Atmosphere - Joy Division
    Black Eyed Boy - Texas
    Boys Keep Swinging - Bowie
    Lets Dance - Bowie
    Late 90's early 00's New Order which is very possibly their best stuff
    Enola Gay - OMD
    Everything Counts (Live) - DM
    Hand in Glove - The Smiths
    How Soon is Now - The Smiths

etc etc etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

That reminds me that I saw a blog by a woman in the north of England that is about her experiences on her cargo trike, a Nihola that she has nicknamed Nihola Gay, after that OMD song. However, she also, unbeknownst to herself, has indirectly named it after the plane that dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima, which is unfortunate.

That in turn reminds me of a delicatessen I heard about which had a chef called Sophie. Her special of the day was written up on the board every day under the heading of "Sophie's Choice".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

That reminds me that I saw a blog by a woman in the north of England that is about her experiences on her cargo trike, a Nihola that she has nicknamed Nihola Gay, after that OMD song. However, she also, unbeknownst to herself, has indirectly named it after the plane that dropped the atom bomb on Hiroshima, which is unfortunate.

That in turn reminds me of a delicatessen I heard about which had a chef called Sophie. Her special of the day was written up on the board every day under the heading of "Sophie's Choice".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Emile Heskey spotted in Newcastle, although he was probably aiming for Middlesbrough:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Anyone remember the cycle gear (?) manufacturer and their joke washing instructions label aimed at women?

was something like this, only less blatant.

wash_machine_instructions.jpg

Some po-faced people took issue to it and they dropped it following the 'controversy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭furiousox

Canyon 2012 road bike range, wunderbar!

http://www.canyon.com/_en/eurobike2011/roadbikes.html

CPL 593H

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BT11 9EA

... that is all ...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,047 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Beasty wrote: »
    BT11 9EA

... that is all ...;)

The UK economy was lifted out of recession in August 2011 when Beasty crossed the border to do a spot of shopping at Slane Cycles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

BT11 9EA

... that is all ...;)

What you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

BT11 9EA

... that is all ...;)

I was in on Monday to get an Aeron for Winter bike. Hope to pick up at weekend. If you have to collect let me know and we can travel up together

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    What you get?

Out alive ;)

Raam wrote: »
    BT11 9EA

... that is all ...;)

What you get?

It's a secret

(But I'm sure you will be proud of me when it's unveiled)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

The many faces of a green monster ??!!

images.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I look like that after a shot of whiskey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Aparently he was just breaking wind...........:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Posted earlier in the ART forum, difficult to watch at times!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Hmm, some how I have made boards massive on my computer,like for a slightly blind person, would anyone know how I can get it to return to normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Holyboy wrote: »
    Hmm, some how I have made boards massive on my computer,like for a slightly blind person, would anyone know how I can get it to return to normal?

Ctrl + 0

or view->zoom -> reset

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement