Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Interesting interview of David Millar on BBC. Whatever you might think of him as a cheat, he's a great interviewee. I would really like to see him do an interview about racing rather than doping.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b013pkwf/HARDtalk_David_Millar_cyclist/#

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I know how my day at work is going to go, dead, nobody will walk into the shop until that precise moment when I sit down to watch the All-Ireland and half of Carlow decides to enter.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I know how my day at work is going to go, dead, nobody will walk into the shop until that precise moment when I sit down to watch the All-Ireland and half of Carlow decides to enter.

sure it makes no difference. Tipp will win and you wont wanna watch that :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

bcmf wrote: »

BANNED

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I must be really ill and hallucinating, apparently Dublin tricked their way into a hurling final this year ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

CramCycle wrote: »
    I must be really ill and hallucinating, apparently Dublin tricked their way into a hurling final this year ;-)
    Oh what a sept that would have been. The Hurlers, The Minors and The Footballer's .........:cool:

Oh what a sept that would have been. The Hurlers, The Minors and The Footballer's .........:cool:

As it turns out I was hallucinating, just came round from a pretty sever hypo :P

I'm off work on Saturday, woop, woop. Anything other than the Rebel Tour on before I commit?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

See Khannie get punched in the face repeatedly.

/watches view count go through the roof.

If anyone's interested, drop me a line.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

@Khannie I could never make out your avatar picture. Now it makes sense.
    Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement

Thanks very much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

First morning I felt like it was time to unpack the long-sleeve baselayer. Seriously, WTF. I want my summer, you bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Khannie wrote: »
    If anyone's interested, drop me a line.

By interested do you mean willing to stand in as TBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

seamus wrote: »
    First morning I felt like it was time to unpack the long-sleeve baselayer. Seriously, WTF. I want my summer, you bastard.

I had a buff on. Probably wasn't needed tbh.

Yi Harr wrote: »
    By interested do you mean willing to stand in as TBC?

I thought he meant "interested in punching him in the face", I'd say his PM inbox is near full by now :P :pac: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

seamus wrote: »

Ive worn long sleeve base layers and jerseys at a few different events during the so called summer and I need them.
    Raam wrote: »
    I had a buff on. Probably wasn't needed tbh.

Yday I way out for a cycle. I wore, Sealskinz socks, overshoes, legwarmers, shorts, LS base layer, LS jersey, rain cape.

I stayed out for an hour and was wet, freezing and miserable by the time I got home.

I have gotten to cycle without a base layer and arm warmers I think 3 times this summer. Most of the time I ended up with knee warmers, arm warmers, and a gilet (if not worn, then in back pocket).
    The summers are getting colder and wetter imho.

A few weeks ago my 7 yr old daughter looking out our window at yet more torrential rain asked, "dad, why do we bother live here - can we not move to a country that is always warm like Spain."

I couldnt answer her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Rok On: you'll be able to laugh at the rest of us again this winter when we get our yearly dumping of snow and ice.

ROK ON wrote: »
    I couldnt answer her.

Them Spaniards are no craic at all. Whilst not appropriate for your daughter, you'd be hard pressed to find a decent pint of Guinness. Eating hang sangwiches out of the boot of the car by the Nou Camp doesn't and never will for anyone conjure up any romantic childhood images. Other things that make this country great are, the Cliffs of Moher, the ring of Kerry, Inismór, the skelligs, Glendalough, 1916, Patrick Kavanagh, U2, copper face jacks, the GAA and Irish mammys. What more do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Words of a true culchie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

CianRyan wrote: »
    Words of a true culchie.

Jaesus Capt, Paddy Kavanagh and Coppers are 2 reasons to get out of this country...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

RobFowl wrote: »
    Jaesus Capt, Paddy Kavanagh and Coppers are 2 reasons to get out of this country...

+1
    Them Spaniards are no craic at all. Whilst not appropriate for your daughter, you'd be hard pressed to find a decent pint of Guinness. Eating hang sangwiches out of the boot of the car by the Nou Camp doesn't and never will for anyone conjure up any romantic childhood images. Other things that make this country great are, the Cliffs of Moher, the ring of Kerry, Inismór, the skelligs, Glendalough, 1916, Patrick Kavanagh, U2, copper face jacks, the GAA and Irish mammys. What more do you want?
    I dont drink Guinness,
    While I like ham , i prefer Chistorra and Chorizo.
    Fair enough, Skelligs, Glendalough, Cliffs of Moher, Inismor are all beautiful. But I have been to many beautiful places the world over.
    Hate Kavanagh.
    Dont like U2 - for some really good irish rock music, try The Fatima Mansion, A House, That Petrol Emotion, My Bloody Valentine.
    Hate the GAA.
    1916 - bloody failure on an epic stage.
    Coppers - you're kidding me right?
    My mam passed away years ago.

So I ask again, what is it I should tell my daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Vamonos?

That's the best my hungover head can come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

+1

Tell her to HTFU!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Given the day that's in it, I believe the following post is appropriate (maybe regarded as NSFW).......

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,868 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Jaesus, Capt, Paddy Kavanagh and Coppers are 2 reasons to get out of this country...
    Looks like 4 good reasons to me;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

If you're not having fun in Coppers, you're doing it wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

If you're not having fun in Coppers, you're doing it wrong.
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Always nice to see a cyclist bringing joy to those around him.

• Advertisement

I high fived some young one on the swords road there during the summer (she instigated it). I'd say her hand hurt. Mine did. I was easily doing 30K. Love that stretch. Was very nice though, despite the stinging hand. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement