Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

bcmf wrote: »
    yep. Will let you decide on time etc. May have company as well.

Cool.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Would it be a bit stupid to hear to Wicklow for the first time alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CianRyan wrote: »
    No, just make sure you have your phone and a phone number for someone you know will be available. Also, money and credit cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

CianRyan wrote: »

Leave details of your route and return ETA with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Decided to leave it for today and just head over the View Point/Cruagh woods from Tallaght and into Rathfarnham, then Bohernabreena to the water works, etc... Good thing I decided to leave it for another day, I was totally out of form on the climbs. :(

I always have money and my phone with me on spins, I'll definitely draw up a route card before I head further. Really can't wait to head through the mountains!
    Cheers lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Thinking of getting a Garmin edge 800. Handtec Edge 800 Performance bundle seem to have the best price.
    Any other reliable retailer suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

manafana wrote: »
    was climbing up cruagh road yesterday was few orwells dotted about mostly ladies, got snapped on my decent down anyone know what was going on?

Hill training for Ras na mBan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

white-trash-repairs-five-wheeler.jpg

The Etape Hibernia for 2012 is down for the 26th August - methinks they've shot themselves in the foot if they are going to go head-to-head with the Sean Kelly and Lap the Lough - assuming both these events next year stick to their traditional last Sunday in August?

They must be aiming for the bank holiday weekend on the "mainland"!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Tripoli. Not the safest place to go for a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

What a clown. :eek: Darwinism almost at its finest were it not for the meddling doctor. Just goes to show, there is a limit as to when going for a cycle is appropriate (for all you mad cycling-in-any-conditions-ists out there).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

He said that he was lucky he wasnt shot in the head - I guess he wasnt wearing a helmet then?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

ROK ON wrote: »
    He said that he was lucky he wasnt shot in the head - I guess he wasnt wearing a helmet then?

That'll learn him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I initially thought it might be this one:

Catchp2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Took this pic two weeks ago, I had left the car half in the sun and went to the beach. Yes it was roasting hot inside, what's the melting point of an irish man? :D

171892.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

right guys going bite bullet, either go garmin 500 or garmin forerunner 305, i think i will get cadence censor too.

Is best buy 500 in css, then cadence censor on amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

manafana wrote: »
    right guys going bite bullet, either go garmin 500 or garmin forerunner 305, i think i will get cadence censor too.

Is best buy 500 in css, then cadence censor on amazon?
    http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/2337/garmin-edge-500-heart-rate-monitor---speed-cadence

I think this costs about the same as the unit only in css...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Coronal wrote: »

thanks many people orders from handtec?, im trying decide whether plump extra cash for 500 or get the 305 which i can use for my runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Coronal

I got my 705 from there. They were grand, fast shipping (2 days to Germany). Haven't had any need to test aftersales, though. Apparently the 500 will work with a 310xt quick release mount thingy for a wrist strap: http://reviews.mtbr.com/garmin-edge-500-review#comment-3845

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Did he say he puts a lumen inside the tyre? I don't think he's going to be happy about that.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Still annoyed at the POB sauntering through a number red lights yesterday morning to such an extent that she stopped traffic coming through their green light! I'm not one to preach but she was just going through junctions dangerously. I was going to say something to her but I thought it might come across too aggressive so I didn't and went on my way.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Anyone heard of Lawrence Gill?

Apparently he's left me USD5m in his will - I need to sort out some formalities, then can head off to South Africa to pick it up.

I'm a bit disappointed it's taken them over 5 years to track me down though - think of the TT rig I could have have been using this year - it may have made all the difference:rolleyes:

Anyway, when I get back I'm going to invest in a new racer - any suggestions on what I should get - budget anything over €5k?

EDIT: No begging letters, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Beasty wrote: »

Apparently he's left me USD5m in his will - I need to sort out some formalities, then can head off to South Africa to pick it up.

I'm a bit disappointed it's taken them over 5 years to track me down though - think of the TT rig I could have have been using this year - it may have made all the difference:rolleyes:

Anyway, when I get back I'm going to invest in a new racer - any suggestions on what I should get - budget anything over €5k?

I thought such miracles just happened on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

This is what the cool kids are riding

By the way, if you're too busy you can send me all you're bank details and I'll keep an eye on your account to let you know when the money arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Bottom Brackets: Truvitan ISIS English: the non-drive side is anti-clockwise to take it off right? (drive side is clockwise to take off, right?). Bleedin BB cups need greasing as it's creaking a mo-fo. I just can get any purchase on it and the tool keeps slipping each time searing the BB tool notches. I need a clamp and a mallet. It's doing my head in.

(is it Friday rant day yet?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

Eh Beasty this guy is boviusly related to me and there's been some mistake. To avoid a lengthy delay we will split the money 90:10 in my favour and your cost to collect wil be taken from your 10%

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

shaungil wrote: »
    Eh Beasty this guy is boviusly related to me and there's been some mistake. To avoid a lengthy delay we will split the money 90:10 in my favour and your cost to collect wil be taken from your 10%

F*ck me , the joy of inheriting 5 million has been tempered by finding out I'm related to Beasty and shaungil......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement