Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Broomwagon (off topic chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Is it just me, or does anyone else find that people get really weird if you follow them up a ladder?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find that people get really weird if you follow them up a ladder?

It's just you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

tomasrojo wrote: »

What are you saying/holding/doing as you follow them up a ladder? Are you meant to be following them up it or did you just see someone climbing a ladder, run over and follow them up?

One of those situations might be construed as grounds for making someone uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

CramCycle wrote: »
    What are you saying/holding/doing as you follow them up a ladder? Are you meant to be following them up it or did you just see someone climbing a ladder, run over and follow them up?

One of those situations might be construed as grounds for making someone uncomfortable.
    Ah, it was just something I heard someone say, implying the last option, I thought. I thought it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I think ladders are not one of our natural habitats so we as a species lose all sense of social norms if we find ourselves in the situation where more than one person is on a ladder at any one time.

My first experience of this was when I was 15 and a girl I thought was cute started to climb a ladder and after she was up a few steps i began to climb. Well she was wearing a skirt and the rest of this story tells its self really.....

I was more embarrassed than her, my awkward teenage self didn't know what to do as she let a scream out but when a friend assured her that I was not up to mischief, but simply was next in line, and as she was wearing a skirt really should have waited to go up last, she forgave me.

Ladders eh, strange places.....

• Advertisement

.... I was not up to mischief.....

I call SHENANIGANS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Leif Hoste has a tear in his brain. :eek:

WTF????
    Despite the nature of the problem, he is optimistic that it can be sorted out. “They treat me with blood patches, which they inject my own blood in my spinal cord,” he said. If that doesn’t work, he stated that he might be subjected to an operation through his nose.

Optimistic isn't the way I'd feel about it

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Look who's winning again.

P.S. Don't click if you plan on watching the Tre Valli Varesine tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Was in the Gym tonight, had 30 min cardio work done when a spinning class was about to start. I asked if I could join, no problem says the instructor.

So here I am, having completed a 100km sportive on Sunday.....in the rain......hard as nails I am......I'll show these guys how it's done.

Sweet baby Jebus I left that room a broken man :eek: Big beetroot head and one large puddle of sweat later I collapsed off the bike.:D

BTW Cycling shoes really work. My feet were killing me after wearing my trainers with flat pedals with straps for just 40 min. It's a good workout, the motivation really helped to push me on. Anyone else any experiences with spinning classes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

His lordship is not happy about the Daily Heil's portrayal of him

From his twitter account.......

"Look at this crap from Daily liar.First pic is me starting putting on shoes. So called security guard is my son in law http://t.co/q4YLIIR"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Was in the Gym tonight, had 30 min cardio work done when a spinning class was about to start. I asked if I could join, no problem says the instructor.

So here I am, having completed a 100km sportive on Sunday.....in the rain......hard as nails I am......I'll show these guys how it's done.

Sweet baby Jebus I left that room a broken man :eek: Big beetroot head and one large puddle of sweat later I collapsed off the bike.:D

BTW Cycling shoes really work. My feet were killing me after wearing my trainers with flat pedals with straps for just 40 min. It's a good workout, the motivation really helped to push me on. Anyone else any experiences with spinning classes?
    Nope, but I'm led to believe they're all like this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Do I need the little rubber grommit thingy to cover the top of the allen bolt on my headset ? Mine is gone now and bugging the crap out of me. Although if I never had one I wouldn't miss it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I think that's just to prevent it getting full of crud.

Genealogy Forum Mod

That's what I was thinking, it's not really a big problem is it, rain and crap getting into the headset ? One bike I have came with the cap, the other didn't, but I'm a completist and hate having little things like that missing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,315 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

If it's just the little rubber gromit that fits in the hole in the allen bolt head then there's nothing to worry about. Your local bike shop might have one to spare.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Yeah, mine ! Don't have time to get back until next week when I'm sure it will be long gone by then, I doubt they would have found it if I noticed it missing when collecting it.

Rovi wrote: »
    Nope, but I'm led to believe they're all like this:

Reminds me of the boards spins on I used to see on a saturday morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Borrowed racing through the dark by David Millar from a friend last night. Has anyone read it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Borrowed racing through the dark by David Millar from a friend last night. Has anyone read it?

Look here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73677506

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

It looks like I've probably got bed bugs - FML!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Lemag wrote: »

You langers are right filthy bunch! :p

I have a friend who was eaten alive by bedbugs when we once stayed in a hostel. Not very pleasant at all!

You langers are right filthy bunch! :p

I have a friend who was eaten alive by bedbugs when we once stayed in a hostel. Not very pleasant at all!
    This infestation is a little more subtle. At first I was wondering if I was imagining it. Every time I felt something and looked I couldn't see anything. I found the corpse of one of the little feckers when I took off the bed clothes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

This infestation is a little more subtle. At first I was wondering if I was imagining it. Every time I felt something and looked I couldn't see anything. I found the corpse of one of the little feckers when I took off the bed clothes though.

Oh dear! Bloody nightmare to get rid of,theyre not just in your bed,theyll be in the carpet,cloths,cracks in walls,EVERYWHERE! Youll never be safe again! ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've experience in this department, two hotels I worked in had the problem. Fumigation is the only way, in hotels they spread very quickly and can knock out many rooms in days, act swiftly or they'll be all over your house.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Holyboy wrote: »
    Oh dear! Bloody nightmare to get rid of,theyre not just in your bed,theyll be in the carpet,cloths,cracks in walls,EVERYWHERE! Youll never be safe again! ;)
    Throwing about €400 at it will hopefully do the trick. There go my Chinese carbon clinchers..

I've experience in this department, two hotels I worked in had the problem. Fumigation is the only way, in hotels they spread very quickly and can knock out many rooms in days, act swiftly or they'll be all over your house.
    I've to wait until the flatmate gets home from her hols. Don't have access to her room. Should be a nice surprise for her :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

€400? ouch. I'd nearly live with them. <.<

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It's serious business that. They're becoming a real problem in Ireland again and nobody's talking about it. Good friend of mine has had serious trouble with them over the last while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement