Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

ANSI wrote: »

I'm thinking maybe Children of the Corn...

From Youtube and wiki, looks like there is a scene where a kid gets hit by a car, but it looks like he dies, and its in daylight...not nighttime, hmmmmm, maybe the 25 years since I seen this have muddled it in my mind. Not sure that's it at all, but its as close as I'm gonna get i'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Woden wrote: »
    Hi,

Trying to find the name of a martial arts movie. Don't have much to go on possibly Jean Claude Van Dam but not sure and its not bloodsport.

Main thing I remember is that there is a fight versus a guy with a very long braided pony tail on the end of which there is a blade.

Thanks!

Woden

I remember that film but looking at the trailer for Best of the Best 2 i'm not sure if it is that film
    I remember it was one of those films where the best fighters in the world come to face off, but they used weapons
    I remember the guy with the blade in his hair who used to whip it around at his opponents and one of the other fighters who is a big Southern American red neck cuts it off with his Bowie knife
    I thought it might have been a Michael Dudikoff film but i didn't recognise it from his IMDB page

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

OK so me and a few friends saw this (pretty sure it was australian) movie a year or so ago.

The story follows a father who discovers his daughter was filmed while been raped and a subsequent snuff movie was produced. He takes it upon himself to track down everybody involved and kill them off.

I distinctly remember one scene where he has one of the culprits tied to a chair and is yanking on his d!ck with a fishing line. He later gets captured by a local police officer (who is also a baddy). He escapes and finally kills all the bad guys :)

I'm pretty sure it was a 2000's movie and remember it been brilliant, but for the life of me, I cannot remember what it was called.

All help appreciated (and yes I've tried google already).

Thanks,
    Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

chin_grin wrote: »

Mr E wrote: »

Cheers guys, ye got it in one. Yup, amazing film, I'll be downloading obtaining that legally tonight :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Hoping someone can identify this one.

I remember seeing a trailer (recently?) which appeared to be about RPG players who for some reason or another are given special powers, or are transported to a fantasy setting. anyway, seemed to be a comedy and I wanted to catch it when it was released.

Then I forgot the name, and no amount of searching has revealed it again.

Any ideas?

karma_ wrote: »

I remember seeing a trailer (recently?) which appeared to be about RPG players who for some reason or another are given special powers, or are transported to a fantasy setting. anyway, seemed to be a comedy and I wanted to catch it when it was released.

Any ideas?

Knights of Badassdom

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

karma_ wrote: »

Any ideas?

The Knights of Badassdom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

That was quick, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

hey lads! looking for a movie and i'm going to be a little vague haha it's an american sci-fi movie where people start dying randomly when something starts getting released into the air by nature or something haha

cheers to whoever tells me the name! : >

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

darego wrote: »
    hey lads! looking for a movie and i'm going to be a little vague haha it's an american sci-fi movie where people start dying randomly when something starts getting released into the air by nature or something haha

cheers to whoever tells me the name! : >

Could be The Happening?

Whose in it?

The Happening? Whose in it?

Mark Wahlberg is the main actor, also Zooey Deschanel
    The Happening IMDb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Harry the Red

Does it have a naked lady floating around and the guy from Jurassic Park? If so it could be Event Horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Does it have a naked lady floating around and the guy from Jurassic Park? If so it could be Event Horizon

:confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Mark Wahlberg is the main actor, also Zooey Deschanel
    The Happening IMDb

Yeah I know haha, I was asking the OP. I'm well aware of The Happening

Yeah I know haha, I was asking the OP. I'm well aware of The Happening
    My Bad :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are you sure thats not Sirens you're thinking of? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

yea its the happening guys thanks a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Right heres a movie from years ago I saw that i cant remember the name of, its a mad max style post apocalyptic dystopian movie, possibly from late 80s or 90s. my memory is blurry but I remember a guy bein dropped on an colony/planet (convict planet/colony possibly) and as an initiation he has to fight a guy to the death to join some gang who runs the colony. Anyway he wins the fight and cracks some joke about the guy he just killed bein a lifeguard and he has to be replaced. I cant really remember much else but i think there were other people on the colony who were peaceful and i think he joins them against the gang from the start of the movie. anyone have any ideas? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

Right heres a movie from years ago I saw that i cant remember the name of, its a mad max style post apocalyptic dystopian movie, possibly from late 80s or 90s. my memory is blurry but I remember a guy bein dropped on an colony/planet (convict planet/colony possibly) and as an initiation he has to fight a guy to the death to join some gang who runs the colony. Anyway he wins the fight and cracks some joke about the guy he just killed bein a lifeguard and he has to be replaced. I cant really remember much else but i think there were other people on the colony who were peaceful and i think he joins them against the gang from the start of the movie. anyone have any ideas? thanks

Could it be "No Escape" (1994)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Escape

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

brian_t wrote: »
    Could it be "No Escape" (1994)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Escape

thats the one, god i thought id never find out what movie it was. cant even remember that ray liotta was the star, just goes to show how bad our memories can be with movies. thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GypsyWomanizer

I saw a film when I was younger... It had a skeleton bull in underground tunnels where there were people trapped in there with it and it killed almost all of them and in the end the main charactor pulls a bone out of it and it falls apart. I wanted to show a friend but couldnt think of the name :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

I recall watching the latter part of this movie in August 2008. There was an Arabic woman (I think the movie was in Turkey although it could have been Iran etc.). She walked into a late night garage. Later she hitched a lift. The driver eventually tried to get fresh and she promptly escaped. I guess the movie was from the 2000s. Anyone know the title?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 balbulus

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help identify two rather obscure films I saw on late-night British TV in the late 90s.

The first was an African film that featured a tribe in the jungle, carrying out a ritual during which they encased a man in a "womb" made of mud and ritually rebirthed him. A later scene showed a man (possibly the same man?) on a white horse, riding over sand dunes near an ocean.

The second film was from Switzerland. It was filmed using silhouettes/shadows (like the old picture-shows) and was sort of a dark fairy-tale/fable featuring two brothers, possibly with some sort of werewolf theme (though I may be confusing that with something else). The only other prominent detail I can remember is that one of the brothers seduces his own mother.

Any ideas on either of these? Thanks in advance...!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Hi there,

Recently a film has cropped up in my head from my youth and Im struggling to identify it.

The only scene that i can remember is what looks like an army base, and some guys are eating a lot of beans to try to light their farts, some guy feels ready and says "guys hit the lights" (he says it though sounding like "guys hit the whites")the place goes black and then a big flame is seen. Think it was late 80's or early 90's.

A few of us in the family seen it, but cant remember what it was called, some say national lampoon, others police academy, but I dont think it was either of those.

Any help would ease of tired brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

I was watching Blue Valentine last night (great movie) but the whole way through I couldn't help but think I'd seen something very similar before.
    A different movie, going from start to end of relationship, relationship starts great and ends bad. Basically about getting together and breaking up.

Any ideas? It's not 500 days of Summer.

EDIT: Could be anything really. Half thinking it's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Looking for a movie i used to rent when i was a kid all the time....

guessing maybe the middle- late 80's

was a horror kinda sci-fi movie i'm sure.. kinda think it being like Critters or some movie like that

The only thing i really remember was the bad guy, we was dressed in black i'm sure had the cape and all that but his helmet looked like a dustbin, something like this

untitled.jpg

He had little sidekicks all the time and for some reason i think they were kinda like the ewoks, there was Lasers and all that.

Really annoying me i'd love to know what it was :( (ITS NOT STAR WARS :P )

Advertisement