Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Woden wrote: »
    Hi,

Trying to find the name of a martial arts movie. Don't have much to go on possibly Jean Claude Van Dam but not sure and its not bloodsport.

Main thing I remember is that there is a fight versus a guy with a very long braided pony tail on the end of which there is a blade.

Thanks!

Woden

I think its Kickboxer

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Looking for a movie i used to rent when i was a kid all the time....

guessing maybe the middle- late 80's

was a horror kinda sci-fi movie i'm sure.. kinda think it being like Critters or some movie like that

The only thing i really remember was the bad guy, we was dressed in black i'm sure had the cape and all that but his helmet looked like a dustbin, something like this

untitled.jpg

He had little sidekicks all the time and for some reason i think they were kinda like the ewoks, there was Lasers and all that.

Really annoying me i'd love to know what it was :( (ITS NOT STAR WARS :P )

I can actually picture it :mad: I keep thinking Spaced Invaders, but the bad guy in that was a robot I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can actually picture it :mad: I keep thinking Spaced Invaders, but the bad guy in that was a robot I think.

Dont think so :( i'm pretty sure it was a more adult film but i could be wrong, arrrrrrrhhhhggggg :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,143 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dont think so :( i'm pretty sure it was a more adult film but i could be wrong, arrrrrrrhhhhggggg :(

I seem to remember his little cronies were used for comic relief a lot. I thought it was more a kids movie but could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

This movie was release a few years ago (2000s). At the start there was a hooker standing on a street corner. The ending had the same location. It may have been Scandinavian. Anyone know the title? Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Worztron wrote: »
    This movie was release a few years ago (2000s). At the start there was a hooker standing on a street corner. The ending had the same location. It may have been Scandinavian. Anyone know the title? Thanks.

There are many, many DVDs in my collection that match this description.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

was a horror kinda sci-fi movie i'm sure.. kinda think it being like Critters or some movie like that

The only thing i really remember was the bad guy, we was dressed in black i'm sure had the cape and all that but his helmet looked like a dustbin, something like this

untitled.jpg

He had little sidekicks all the time and for some reason i think they were kinda like the ewoks, there was Lasers and all that.

Ghoulies?

Guill wrote: »

No i dont think so :( we need to concentrate all the attenton on the guy with the bin helmet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

the movie heath ledger was in when he is an outback australian outlaw and puts a helmet over his head like that as a shield from bullets that are being fired upon him from the guns of the policemen that are chasing after him?

something kelly or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

whatislife wrote: »
    the movie heath ledger was in when he is an outback australian outlaw and puts a helmet over his head like that as a shield from bullets that are being fired upon him from the guns of the policemen that are chasing after him?

something kelly or something?

Ned Kelly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_Kelly_(2003_film)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whatislife

brian_t wrote: »
    that's the one i was thinking of. is that the one you are looking for op?

budgemook wrote: »
    A different movie, going from start to end of relationship, relationship starts great and ends bad. Basically about getting together and breaking up.

Any ideas? It's not 500 days of Summer.

EDIT: Could be anything really. Half thinking it's Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind now...

Movies with reverse chronology - as well as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

You also have

5x2 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0354356/

and my favourite

Betrayal http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0085234/

FIRE wrote: »
    Hi there,

Recently a film has cropped up in my head from my youth and Im struggling to identify it.

The only scene that i can remember is what looks like an army base, and some guys are eating a lot of beans to try to light their farts, some guy feels ready and says "guys hit the lights" (he says it though sounding like "guys hit the whites")the place goes black and then a big flame is seen. Think it was late 80's or early 90's.

Weekend Warriors aka Hollywood Air Force

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092195/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hu5GfyPAZ4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭kuro_man

untitled.jpg

The Black Hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

untitled.jpg

could it be Spaceballs (1987), Rick Moranis's character has a huge black helmet taking the pi$$ outta Darth Vader

johndoe99 wrote: »
    could it be Spaceballs (1987), Rick Moranis's character has a huge black helmet taking the pi$$ outta Darth Vader

not sapceballs, ned kelly or the black hole :( its getting really annoying now, was definatly a 15's rated movie i think so more adult themed, wasnt a comedy, guys were flying around in a spaceship, landed in some field and thats when the bin head appears..

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

brian_t wrote: »

:D:D:D:D:D

You are a star sir!!!! many thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

not sapceballs, ned kelly or the black hole :( its getting really annoying now, was definatly a 15's rated movie i think so more adult themed, wasnt a comedy, guys were flying around in a spaceship, landed in some field and thats when the bin head appears..
    Was it "Hyperspace" aka "Gremloids" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0141270/?

I think the character you're referring to is Lord Buckethead.

MyKeyG wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuCjU3befRY

MyKeyG wrote: »

LEGEND :) THATS THE ONE!!!!!

Downloading it now :) (legally of course) ;)

Thanks so much MyKeyG :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

LEGEND :) THATS THE ONE!!!!!

Downloading it now :) (legally of course) ;)

Thanks so much MyKeyG :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Ha ha you're welcome. That film cracks me up!!!:D

Worztron wrote: »

Lilya 4-Ever?

Great call on gremloids MyKeyG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Hi I seen this movie a couple of years ago and I cannot remember the name of it and its really annoying me and I need some help. Does anybody know the name of this film please I would be really a appreciated.

Basically this is what I remember.

The Plot:
    There is a assassination attempt on the president or some political figure/ someone important it was a sniper attempt, but there was two snipers (in the end) one of the stand out points/thing in my mind is when the detective person puts the flag through the bullet holes in the stage where the shots happened and noticed the bullet angles were different and could have not been the sniper they caught /killed cannot really remember, but the second main sniper had this problem with his foot and had a chiropodist (foot doctor) which is how they found him in the end.

Sorry but this is all I really remember not much to go on but some one might recall it.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭SVG

sarah88 wrote: »
    Hi I seen this movie a couple of years ago and I cannot remember the name of it and its really annoying me and I need some help. Does anybody know the name of this film please I would be really a appreciated.

Basically this is what I remember.

The Plot:
    There is a assassination attempt on the president or some political figure/ someone important it was a sniper attempt, but there was two snipers (in the end) one of the stand out points/thing in my mind is when the detective person puts the flag through the bullet holes in the stage where the shots happened and noticed the bullet angles were different and could have not been the sniper they caught /killed cannot really remember, but the second main sniper had this problem with his foot and had a chiropodist (foot doctor) which is how they found him in the end.

Sorry but this is all I really remember not much to go on but some one might recall it.

The International

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

yes I am nearly sure this is it. will post back after confirming. Thank you very much You solved my two week memory blank on this.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

Trying to remember the name of a Russian movie I saw recently. My Google foo is waning and it's tricky enough to Google anyway.

Plot summary:
    Middle aged man parks is Lada in the mountains, gets out with his dog for a bit of hunting but not having much of a day of it. Runs into 3 Russian mafia guys one of whom is due to be killed by the other two. Chase ensues where mafia guy and man form a friendship of sorts.
    I'll not spoil the rest of it.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

- Based in Barcelona
    - At least 4 years old (Saw it in Munich on a language course)
    - Has a few different languages in it, English, French, German and Spanish at least (I think)
    - The people are in their twenties mostly
    - Might have had a good sex scene but I'm not certain.

If someone get's this you'll have saved me a few weeks of headaches, it

Daniel S wrote: »
    - Based in Barcelona
    - At least 4 years old (Saw it in Munich on a language course)
    - Has a few different languages in it, English, French, German and Spanish at least (I think)
    - The people are in their twenties mostly
    - Might have had a good sex scene but I'm not certain.

If someone get's this you'll have saved me a few weeks of headaches, it

there ya go: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283900/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Mickeroo wrote: »
    THANK YOU!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Trying to remember the name of a Russian movie I saw recently. My Google foo is waning and it's tricky enough to Google anyway.

Plot summary:
    Middle aged man parks is Lada in the mountains, gets out with his dog for a bit of hunting but not having much of a day of it. Runs into 3 Russian mafia guys one of whom is due to be killed by the other two. Chase ensues where mafia guy and man form a friendship of sorts.
    I'll not spoil the rest of it.

Any ideas?
    Could it be Zhit?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1706433/

Advertisement