Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

t-shirts looks cool, love guiles alt actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

I've seen talk of SUPER ELITE LIMITED WIN EDITIONs of SSF4 only available on X y and Z pre-order from Capcom directly or some such BS. Basically I'm wondering are these supar elite editions available to us here on the "Emerald Isle" in any way shape or form or are we consigned to Gamestop/Game's finest stock of Basic Basic and Basic edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Good question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Not sure how you think MK is a great poke, i know this isnt 3s and i hate to go back to it but have you ever played 3s? Her Mk, in sf4 is far from great.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Wasn't refering to her mk poke as great. Was her other pokes I was refering to. Her overall poking game is very good in SF IV. Doesn't seem necessary to have another one. Is it really going help her in her bad match ups, against Sagat, Rufus and Viper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

iPhone covers? Fail

For the most part the alts are fail too

T-Shirts? Might check them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I hope they get rid of crouch teching in super. You should have to stand up to tech. Its so annoying trying to throw when someone is mashing crouch tech. I was playing someone tonight who was impossible to throw, he must have had turbo on or something. The only characters that can really punish crouch teching mashers are cammy and rufus. I love playing mashers with rufus, ive played people who never learn to stop mashing even after 20 games, its hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Bush80 wrote: »
    I hope they get rid of crouch teching in super. You should have to stand up to tech. Its so annoying trying to throw when someone is mashing crouch tech. I was playing someone tonight who was impossible to throw, he must have had turbo on or something. The only characters that can really punish crouch teching mashers are cammy and rufus. I love playing mashers with rufus, ive played people who never learn to stop mashing even after 20 games, its hilarious.

Nah they can't remove it, it's an effect(option selecting) of the integral game system, can't just really remove it (besides the game system says to tech throws, one must press jab+short, so chances are it would still work anyway)

Just mix it up, if you know a cr.short is coming there's so much **** you can do to punish it. That'll then add more mixup plus make them think twice bout doing it again, which would in turn give you more landed throws if they get scared

You can't mash crouch tech (sometime I incorrectly believed before), there is actually timing required to it. You have to do it slightly after you would be thrown.

There is also several moves that beat crouch tech.

Abel has Tornado Throw.
    Akuma has Ex.Tatsu.
    Cammy has Ex.Cannon Strike.
    Chun-Li has Hazanshu.
    C.Viper has Burning Kick.
    Rufus has Dive Kick.
    Ryu has Ex.Tatsu.
    Vega has Cosmic Smart.
    Zangief has Spinning Pile Driver.

The rest of the cast should use delayed attacks (frame traps) to beat crouch tech.

Bison for example has c.lk(blocked) cl.hp, c.lk xx scissors.

Surely it cant be that hard to make so you need to stand to tech?

• Advertisement

No lets not make the game easier for Rufus to land his stupid target combo into ultra. :D

Gens 2 new ultra's which look pretty zaney have been posted up, as well as a clear look at Honda's new command grab ultra and Fei-Longs counter ultra.

The Gen players over on the shoryuken forum are saying that the new Touch of Death Ultra (the first one in the video) is reported to do alot of grey damage (450 was a figure mentioned) as in like you have absorbed several hits through focus attacking and then its a case of desperately keeping away from him while you get your health back before he can touch you again.

The video doesn't appear to show this, possibly because the character he did it on does not have enough health, but the Gen players seem adamant that this is the case and its being stated thats what happens by people who have played SSF IV.

Also conflicting reports on weather Ex.Oga has still got its invincibility and weather hands combos into mk back into hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Well the way his ToD worked in Alpha was that a counter appeared above his opponents head and if they didn't hit Gen before it went down, then they'd be auto-dizzied.

So it seems to be a reworking of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Why do you think Cammy can stop crouch teching? She has no overhead (cannon dive isn't an overhead). You should be crouch blocking all day vs Cammy, she can't do anything about it.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Why do you think Cammy can stop crouch teching? She has no overhead (cannon dive isn't an overhead). You should be crouch blocking all day vs Cammy, she can't do anything about it.

Have you played cobelcog? You cant do that against him. You have to either tech when your supposed to or dont press a button at all. Shes the same as rufus the way she wants you to be pressing tech when you shouldnt.

I have, but I use Gief so it's kind of a moot point for me. :pac:

That shouldn't matter if you're crouch teching properly though, you just crouch tech when his blockstring should end - if he goes for tick throw it'll tech, if he continues the blockstring, you'll keep autoblocking, if your timing is correct (this is how it works to the best of my knowledge and why you don't see tick throws work often during block strings in high level play). I don't see how Cammy should pose any particular problems to crouch teching more than any other good player pressuring you with another character.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I have, but I use Gief so it's kind of a moot point for me. :pac:

That shouldn't matter if you're crouch teching properly though, you just crouch tech when his blockstring should end - if he goes for tick throw it'll tech, if he continues the blockstring, you'll keep autoblocking, if your timing is correct (this is how it works to the best of my knowledge and why you don't see tick throws work often during block strings in high level play). I don't see how Cammy should pose any particular problems to crouch teching more than any other good player pressuring you with another character.

Maybe its just that the timing is more strict with cammy. All I know is that anytime ive tried, it never worked. Ive seen it not work for other people too. You either get hit with a spiral arrow combo or cannon spike. I dont even bother trying anymore, ill take the throw over a combo.

I would direct people to Mariodoods blog on crouching teching here.

http://www.shoryuken.com/entry.php?b=346&bt=1295

and how to beat crouch teching here.

http://www.shoryuken.com/entry.php?b=307&bt=1587#comment1587

According to the shoryukenw wiki page you have a total of 10 frames to tech a throw. Up to 7 frames to tech a throw after your opponent throws it out.

I don't have any numbers but I believe Goukens back throw has a bigger window to tech it. The throw itself is slower at 5 frames.

Thats good stuff from mariodood. So from reading point 4 i take it that its not possible os tech cammys mix up. Ie dive kick to cannon spike / throw.

I guess not, that's weird. If it only works with EX dive though, you can when she doesn't have meter.

• Advertisement

From my understanding , moves that are in the air beat crouch tech, what makes Cammy and Rufus pressure game so effective, particularly against non shoto's.

Cammy can do TKCS to beat it as well so she doesn't need to use meter.

You can see TKCS here.

Azza wrote: »
    From my understanding , moves that are in the air beat crouch tech, what makes Cammy and Rufus pressure game so effective, particularly against non shoto's.

Im sepecifaclly talking about the throw and canon spike mix up though, a normal dive kick just puts her in a position to start the mix up. On point 4 it says dp beats os tech. Even though it doesnt mention cammys dp i presume it includes hers.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

TKCS is vulnerable during start-up so the cr. short can knock her out of it.

Cobelcog wrote: »
    TKCS is vulnerable during start-up so the cr. short can knock her out of it.

Do you know if its possible to os tech the cs/throw mixup?

Do you know if its possible to os tech the cs/throw mixup?

I have no idea, sorry. If it won't work against dp then I doubt it'll work against cs though.

Cobelcog wrote: »
    I have no idea, sorry. If it won't work against dp then I doubt it'll work against cs though.

Aye. I really think you have to tech properly against it or you get cs in the face. No get out of jail free cards, like it should be :pac:

Aye. I really think you have to tech properly against it or you get cs in the face. No get out of jail free cards, like it should be :pac:

You could always EX Upball it :pac:

But, really though, what about that other EX ball you use to get out of corners? Wouldn't that pass through them both?

You sure that c.lk works on TKCS during its start up.

Or is possible that only some characters c.lk work on TKCS?

• Advertisement

Eh, not too sure really. Haven't tested it. That could be the case but I'd say that it'd hold true more often than not.

Advertisement