Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Has anyone ever done anything aproximating any of those fuerte moves in a real match?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

could you justify for the ultra meter earn?
    seems like mostly for fun

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭TheMikenyan

It's Desk. Why would you expect something practical?

• Advertisement

i dont but a lot of people on the internet seem to..

classic desk

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah that's a persistent thing. If I recall correctly the man himself has often said he's not good at tournament and the pressure ruins his execution so he prefers being the "tech" guy.

That said, for Guile, if you watch the 3 v 3 we had with Deiminion when Kev is waiting for Ladno to set up you can see him trying to practice Upside down kick cr mp delay charge Flash Kick which is something I personally first became aware of from a Desk video. So I'd say there's plenty of people who first discovered viable tech from a Desk video.

exactly. that was my point about the ultras.. itll be more relavant with the upcoming gen video.. but im sure theres some instances where that sort of thing could win some people some rounds if opponent wasnt expecting it..

Capcom's newest crossover game confirmed

mF49nlOl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

That guy commentating with Gootecks just turns me off watching Fight Night, not to mention all the other cheesy **** they do.

• Advertisement

OdgeXD wrote: »
    That guy commentating with Gootecks just turns me off watching Fight Night, not to mention all the other cheesy **** they do.

Jaysis that's a bit harsh on poor Mike Ross!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Jaysis that's a bit harsh on poor Mike Ross!

Is it Mike now? :O When I've watched before there was some douche who just kept shouting 'OH MY GODDDDDD'

OdgeXD wrote: »
    Is it Mike now? :O When I've watched before there was some douche who just kept shouting 'OH MY GODDDDDD'

Oh yeah that was Tasteless. In his defence, he's a SC2 commentator that was made to commentate on a game he didn't play, so I think he did well for someone who was out of his depth and trying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Tasteless is actually a brilliant Brood War and SC2 commentator (he's Day9's brother), very funny and informative, but yeah he didn't know enough to be commentating SF4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Mike Ross and gootecks are like beavis and butthead commentating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

bush wrote: »
    Mike Ross and gootecks are like beavis and butthead commentating

Heheh yeh hehe yeh hehehehe

he wasnt perfect, but for a far bigger audience then usual and a lot of people that dont know about the game probably watching i thought it added a nice dynamic between someone understanding and someone learning.. mike and ryan are too comfortable with each other as commentators but it works perfectly on there regular shows..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Tasteless is actually a brilliant Brood War and SC2 commentator (he's Day9's brother), very funny and informative, but yeah he didn't know enough to be commentating SF4.

QFT

Was just about to post the exact same thing haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Every conversation I have with non-fgc esports fans about fight night:

Me: There's a new FGC gameshow style event

Them: No interested

Me: They got a dude co-hosting you might know. Tasteless?

Them: They got TASTELESS? OMG! Please send me the URL.

Clearly having him paired with anyone else is way more valuable than having two people we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://pastebin.com/qBEfjsJC
    The commentators go insane as Yoshinori Ono takes the stage, anxious and nervous over who the fifth character could be. After a bland speech thanking everyone in attendance for their support, he introduces "the five characters".

Four cosplayers (Elena, Rolento, Poison and Hugo) come out and pose, while the commentators freak out, uttering phrases like "HE'S GOT TO TELL US WHO THE FIFTH CHARACTER IS, RIGHT NOW!". Suddenly, several other Street Fighter cosplayers, of major and minor characters, join the other four cosplayers on stage.

Before anyone can process what's going on, the stream cuts to the top 16, completely ignoring what just happened. After the last match, all of them remain on stage as the winner celebrates, when a tall Birdie cosplayer approaches him and shakes his hand in a show of respect.

Ono then interrupts the celebration, reminding the audience that the fifth character has not been announced yet. After a bit of speculation among the audience, the Birdie cosplayer suddenly delivers a flaming roundhouse kick to the other cosplayers, sending them through the wall.

He then sheds his Birdie apparel, including the fake mohawk, in favor of a basketball jersey, as the crowd loses their mind upon discovering his true identity. The effect it has on the people in attendance is so huge, it blacks out video from the stream.

The last things heard from the broadcast are Ono exclaiming the words, "ARE YOU READY FOR THE SHAQ ATTACK?!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

new alt costume for cammy woo

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Saltylicious

dat handslap tho

lol..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

4cf3aef7ee123c494a55fd341c962c3d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Still waiting for the punchline....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Cam-vs-dolls.gif
    Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Decapre will be fine.

She'll find her place in the game, just like Evil Ryu & Oni have.

She's a charge character btw, just fyi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Actually, from a financial point of view, her teleport gameplay is actually a really clever way to cut down animation costs. GGs Capcom, that's actually pretty smart.

Advertisement